B1G is now officially a 14-team with Rutgers and Terps

Nebraska has been royally screwed by the Big Ten. When joining we were in the same conference with MSU and michigan and had a protected crossover rival with Penn State. Now once again Nebraska is in the weaker division with it's toughest opponent in Wisconsin.

It is beyond baffling how the Big Ten messed this up so badly as well as how Nebraska has just laid down and accepted this.

we aren't exactly in the drivers seat on these things. the B12 should have taught us that.

Very true.

So that the B1G can get into a region of the country that could care less about college football (New York City), Nebraska goes from playing Michigan, Michigan St., & Penn St. every year and Ohio St. & Wisconsin every two years to playing Purdue, Illinois and Wisconsin on a yearly basis and in 2016, Indiana joins those three. YUCK. I gett that Nebraska is still the new kid on the B1G's block, but that's not a fair trade if you ask me.

OU? Really? This is like wanting your high school ex girlfriend who cheated on you with most hated enemy back. That rivalry has been dead for over 20 years, freaking let it go people.

Smdh.......

Precisely !!!

OU beer scene fans in CFB bulls##ing meetings said Nebraska was now a regular foe equivalent to Syracuse, Houston U, New Mexico State, Purdue, etc. Very few OU fans, mostly old farts, faintly remember OU-NU rivalry. Trust me because I lived in OU nation (Norman).

Laughable .... 2021-2022 schedules (OU vs. NU). Seven years in the future ...... :laughpound

I will really do not like the move. Both of them don't bring a lot to the conference (football side). Rutgers had a few good years, but since Shiano (spelling) left, they have continued to suck. Maryland does nothing for me either.

I would have rather saw some other schools come in...ND (puke, but at least they have traditions), Missery, Kansas schools?

The thing that makes me annoyed about the additions isnt the expanded TV Networks. Its the fact they added them to make Penn State not feel so lonely. They may have been worried about them being poached but I highly doubt it woulda happened. PSU was the new kid til we came along now they get a couple of punching bags in their backyard while we get a new yearly matchup with with Purdue.

If the Big Ten cant bring in a Mizzou, ND, OU or even another old Big 8 school, they should just sit tight at 14 until a real asset can be added.

I understand why they expanded to 14 teams, and why they chose Maryland & Rutgers, but if the Big Ten were to decide to expand again I sure hope we could bring in some old Big Eight teams. My suggestion would be to start with Oklahoma & Kansas. However considering those two states also have state-schools in Oklahoma State & Kansas State, the Big Ten might be forced to take them also if they want Oklahoma & Kansas. Let Texas join the SEC. Ultimately, someday I really think the Big Ten is going to become a 20 team conference.

Just for fun can you imagine this potential setup for Thanksgiving Rivalry weekend every year...

helmet_fathead.jpg VS OU_helmet.jpg

Helmet_Michigan.jpgVS FBhelmet.jpg

That would be great, but I think Okie lite is a package deal. Its to bad the Big 10 didn't just jump to 16 in the beginning. Could have tryed to get Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma & Oklahoma St. I think any of those teams brings more to the table then Maryland.

East

Michigan

Michigan St

tOSU

Purdue

Illinios

Indiana

Penn St

Northwestern

West

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma St

Kansas

Missouri

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

I completely agree with you. From a pure football standpoint this would have made one heck of a conference.

It is going to be interesting over the next few seasons to see how this new College Football Playoff plays into the whole conference realignment & expansion. Honestly, I don't think it's over...it might just be in a temporary holding pattern. The truth of the matter is that this new 14-team Big Ten Conference is not the same conference Cornhusker fans were sold on three years ago. In a lot of ways I now somewhat understand how Colorado fans felt being on the western fringe of the Big 12 conference.

Keep an eye on these four teams for possibly being future Big Ten expansion targets (in no particular order):

1. Kansas
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Texas
  4. Missouri

This would helped with Baseball & Basketball as well.

The thing that makes me annoyed about the additions isnt the expanded TV Networks. Its the fact they added them to make Penn State not feel so lonely. They may have been worried about them being poached but I highly doubt it woulda happened. PSU was the new kid til we came along now they get a couple of punching bags in their backyard while we get a new yearly matchup with with Purdue.

i think this is pretty wrong. if they really wanted to make psu feel better, they would have added pitt. this was just about getting into that market the easiest way possible.

i think this is pretty wrong. if they really wanted to make psu feel better, they would have added pitt. this was just about getting into that market the easiest way possible.

Pitt wasnt available due to their move to the ACC. I garauntee the market was only part of it, probably most of it. But the additions were to make the foorprint around PSU stronger. If PSU felt like they were on an island already they may have been persuaded tk leave and that was something Delaney and Co. Couldnt allow.