Fresno State Discussion

At the end of the day it's a power team from an AQ conference playing a lower tier team with a minuscule budget, facilities and history..

1996 would like to welcome you to revenue sharing.

The Big Ten doesn't share revenue with the MWC. They're on their own.

Didn't say they did, but thanks for the news flash.

Why are you using revenue sharing as an argument for parity then? The revenue gap between power and non-power conference schools has widened, not narrowed.

We should be Fresno State. I don't care how it is done. A win is a win. The 2009 Iowa team who had close wins against Northern Iowa (1 point), Arizona* (10 points), Arkansas State (3 points), Michigan (2 points), Wisconsin* (10 points), Michigan State (2 points). They did also lose twice in close games 17-10 against NW and 27-24 in OT against Ohio State. All that matters is the record. However you can make the argument that with the selection committee. It may change as where they will look into how well you have performed. It would be best in the long run if Nebraska destroys Fresno State.

How many wanted Saban "held accountable" after the game?

And they aren't.

held accountable for what? losing 4 games a year? he has not done that. not winning championships? he has done that. the comparison really makes no sense. especially since you got the factual basis wrong in the first place.
We're talking about one game scenarios. So, your point about 4 loss seasons is a red herring. I was off by 4 points, so crucify me. My original point stands.

That a 21 point victory is close?

It was a close game until the last few minutes. It's the same thing as the naive statements by some that Alabama got Blown out by OU in the Sugar Bowl. OU tacked on a scoop and score TD in the last minute.

It wasn't a close game. Alabama scored to go up 18 with just under 12min to go in the fourth. A blowout by your metric being that it is 3 scores.

• Fire 3

I went to two Fresno State games last year. It is about as close to sandlot football as you can get. Actually pathetic against San Diego State. Throw it in the air and hope someone runs under it was what it looked like. Terrible. They have lost their main play makers. If this game is close or we should lose, Bo should be gone. No question. He has had plenty of warning about this team. If he does not have the ability to win this game with the athletic superiority he has or should have, he should be on the road that night. Tired of the excuses about oh they were so tough last year. Bull crap. Weaker conference in every aspect.

I have been a Fresno State fan for a long time. I loved Pat Hill. This is not a team that Nebraska should be concerned with. If it is, we have fallen so far it is unbelievable. If you are worried to death about this game, buckle up because Miami will take the ears of corn and put them where the sun does not shine. We need to crush this team.

• Fire 2

I went to two Fresno State games last year. It is about as close to sandlot football as you can get. Actually pathetic against San Diego State. Throw it in the air and hope someone runs under it was what it looked like. Terrible. They have lost their main play makers. If this game is close or we should lose, Bo should be gone. No question. He has had plenty of warning about this team. If he does not have the ability to win this game with the athletic superiority he has or should have, he should be on the road that night. Tired of the excuses about oh they were so tough last year. Bull crap. Weaker conference in every aspect.I have been a Fresno State fan for a long time. I loved Pat Hill. This is not a team that Nebraska should be concerned with. If it is, we have fallen so far it is unbelievable. If you are worried to death about this game, buckle up because Miami will take the ears of corn and put them where the sun does not shine. We need to crush this team.

Wow, it's like people who have seen Fresno st outside of the random "ZOMG THEY PLAYED SOMEONE CLOSE" hype that happens every other year.

We have a close friends son playing on the team, All American safety. I would love to see them play to their limits, but truly thinking we should or could lose this game is so far from belief for me it is unreal. Of course we can lose any game, but there truly is not a reason that we should lose this game. Not prepared, not motivated, that falls one place and only one place. This should be a rout. I want Derron to have a great game, but not at the expense of this being just a small pebble on the road to beating Miami. We have top division one talent, or at least most on here keep telling us that. How much better the recruiting is. When do you expect it to pay off? How long does it take. Most of our losses come from lack of being prepared and to stubborn to change. That needs to stop this year, period. I expect to see a beat down of Fresno State. I really will be disappointed if it is not.

So you are already making excuses and we have not played a down. Injuries are part of every team. I think we win this game with no problems. Nebraska should be much better than this team. If we are not, then there are real problems. I am sick of all the whiney what ifs. Win the damned game, put up or shut up. We have lowered our respect for this team. Never in my life have I worried about a team of this level. Now most do every year.

I wonder if Bama, Oregon, USC, Ohio State, South Carolina, Oklahoma have worries about a cupcake on their schedules like we seem to be doing. I realize every team can get beat, that a mid major can jump up and smack you. But this staff should be ready for this. We have given this staff a pass on so many like this. I think and hope Bo turned a corner with the Georgia game. I wish we could have a more positive attitude about games like this, but we don't. That is sad.

• Fire 2

So if 3/5 of the roster gets injured and we are on second and third stringers will should still win. If not we fire everyone! Makes sense.

That scenario three games into a season would be cause for a change, yes.

So if 9/10 of the roster is injured, but only 4/5 is injured beyond the point of playing, but then 2/3 of that 4/5 becomes part of the 1/5 that couldn't play at about 9/16 of the way into the game, then 23/25 of the fan base leaves the stadium due to the gruesome nature of all these injuries, but Fresno keeps 3/5 of their fan base in the stadium since only 3/32 of their players have been injured, does that mean Nebraska has a 1/10 chance of winning this game if all these scenarios play out exactly like this, which has 0/245 odds of happening?

Hey, who knew Fresno St. would garner so much respect from Huskerboard, that we've actually maintained a 3+ page discussion on the game. My only other question aside from the one above is.....where is the McNeese St. thread? I'm really concerned about that McNeese St. game.

Well we do want a little credit for scheduling both Miami and Fresno State in our non-con schedule.

Fresno State and Nebraska were rated roughly the same at year's end. Fresno State lost their QB, but the home stadium adds an edge. The Fresno State program has earned its respect. Other schools have avoided home/away agreements with Fresno because it's a trap game; always a potential for upset and not enough credit if you win. Especially if it's close. Fresno State on the road is a tougher task than Wyoming last year at home, and we know how that turned out.

So let's approach Fresno State for what it is; a potential trap game against a tricky offense on the road. It's ridiculous to settle on a number that represents the appropriate margin of victory. Let's watch the game and see how they play. If the Husker's play without passion, focus or fundamentals, or fail to make necessary in-game adjustments, I'm perfectly willing to put that on Bo Pelnii's shoulders. If they lose to Fresno State and beat Miami -- and a lot stranger things have happened -- what exactly does that mean?

But absent Bo biting the head off a kitten, I'm betting he remains coach for the entirety of the regular season. So let's also watch the entire season before making predictions just to match our personal agenda.

But think about how crazy this is. Wyoming fired their coach after a 5-7 season and giving this storied program one hell of a game. Why are these coaches capable of getting their teams to this level. We really should not be worrying about this level of team to the extent some are. If they are justified in their concerns, are we truly heading down the right path? There really are not any excuses anymore. Enough time has passed to get his players, his style, his culture into the blood lines. We need to be Nebraska or we need another path to get there. No more excuses. I understand losing star players can change things. And I give him a lot of credit for some things, others not so much. But I have grown tired of next year is the year. It has never gotten here. I want to see a well coached, prepared team on the field every week. We have never seen that with Bo. He has had enough time to learn how to accomplish that is my feeling. We have Bo for at least another season. I think he is pretty good guy. I want him to succeed, but not at the expense of Nebraska. Do something this year or I think it is time for him to move on. 9-4 over gimme 6 wins schedules is not the answer either.