Best season opener under Bo?

Saunders

Now, we have to take into account the fact that it's only week one, and who knows how good FAU will be, but... In my humble opinion, from a stats outlooks, and from watching the game, it was the best opening game performance under Bo. See below

2008: Western Michigan 24 - Nebraska 47

K4p9W1n.png?1

2009: FAU 3 - Nebraska 49

TMql4TC.png?1

2010: WKU 10 - Nebraska 49

Oobgygy.png?1

2011: Chattanooga 10 - Nebraska 40

M77RQcy.png?1

2012: Southern Miss 20 - Nebraska 49

xxvd4AM.png?1

2013: Wyoming 34 - Nebraska 37

HSnwALv.png?1

2014: FAU 7 - Nebraska 55

IQiufRI.png?1

Now, what does it really mean? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But, I do think it was a good performance, especially for an opener.

The team looked better-prepared throughout the game, and seemed to figure things out in the first game rather than "sometime in the non-conference schedule."

They definitely looked more the part of a team that has focus and purpose in this game more than any other Game 1 in the BPE.

This x1000. Preparation and focus really sum it up for me. This might have been NU's best game start to finish under Bo. Only other games that come to mind as similarly complete games are B12 CCG and Bowl Game from 2009.

• Fire 1

The team looked better-prepared throughout the game, and seemed to figure things out in the first game rather than "sometime in the non-conference schedule."

They definitely looked more the part of a team that has focus and purpose in this game more than any other Game 1 in the BPE.

Either that, or we just played the team that fired Bo's brother a few months ago.

But I *hope* it's because we're more focused and prepared. I guess we'll find out more about this team in the next few weeks.

Agree, and I would go further to say, that may have been the best prepared non-con game, period, in the BPE. Might even stretch that to include any game in the BPE ever.......but it was FAU so I'll temper it a bit. Lots of good things.

Either that, or we just played the team that fired Bo's brother a few months ago.

This. That game was an "ax to grind", "look what they did to one our former family members" game. Something that always has been an easy motivation tool for this staff.

It's great they handled their business, but I'm still tempering my enthusiasm until there's a dominating performance against a team that doesn't field a line that is outweighed by 60 pounds.

• Fire 1

Regardless of motive, cut throat staff and team was way cooler than letting off the gas team and staff. I wanna stay that course until our opponents are pissing themselves, then be even more cut throat. Lets put some fear back into our reputation.

Ref 1 "I didnt know Miami had yellow pants as road unis?"

Ref 2 "They dont."

Ref 3 "Oh.........gross."

Maybe it has to do with the opponent, or lack of talent of the opponent, whatever I'm not sure, but among all the great things I saw Saturday one I'd like to add is the communication on defense. You could see guys talking, giving signals, and guys seemed to be on the same page a lot. It's hard to know too much simply from watching on television, but usually I see a lot of hands in the air, a bit of panic, and guys seeming to not know their responsibility. I didn't see a lot of that Saturday. I hope it continues.

It means a lot, or maybe nothing at all. It doesn't change anything drastically for me. My 9-3 prediction is probably teetering a little closer to 10-2 now. I feel quite a bit better about the direction the offense is going under Beck.

It was just nice to see the Huskers (mostly) hitting on all cylinders from the get-go, and never letting up. The early penalties worried me initially. I was all like "here we go again", but the way we responded immediately was something new to a Pelini era team. Then on top of that, the penalties were totally cleaned up for the rest of the game. Maybe a fluke, maybe a step in the right direction.

I won't predict a championship based of that performance, but I feel better about at least overcoming the 4-loss slump than I have in quite some time.