*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Is anyone else getting nervous at the lack of very many "plan B" or "plan C" guys in case signing day doesn't go our way? Or maybe we just don't know about some contingent offers this staff has put out? Or maybe they are just trusting that silent commits are solid???

nerves=fried.

I think the staff has/is doing a good job of having solid back up plans. We have been after Kamren Curl for awhile but it looks like he will be a hog or a razorback, so we have Michael O ready to go. Calvin went all Beaver on us and we had Hawkins on board ready to visit. Same with Joseph Lewis looking at USC and we get a visit from Grimes. The only place I am worried about a backup plan is if Watts or Thomas jump ship. Then who are the back up options for those guys. Watts wouldnt hurt as bad if we land Daniels, but I think we need 3 solid DT's this class. Should be one heck of a finish.

If we land Michael O., Blades, Calvin, Daniels, and Rafdal that would place us right around a top 20 class.

Is anyone else getting nervous at the lack of very many "plan B" or "plan C" guys in case signing day doesn't go our way? Or maybe we just don't know about some contingent offers this staff has put out? Or maybe they are just trusting that silent commits are solid???

nerves=fried.

I think the staff has/is doing a good job of having solid back up plans. We have been after Kamren Curl for awhile but it looks like he will be a hog or a razorback, so we have Michael O ready to go. Calvin went all Beaver on us and we had Hawkins on board ready to visit. Same with Joseph Lewis looking at USC and we get a visit from Grimes. The only place I am worried about a backup plan is if Watts or Thomas jump ship. Then who are the back up options for those guys. Watts wouldnt hurt as bad if we land Daniels, but I think we need 3 solid DT's this class. Should be one heck of a finish.

If we land Michael O., Blades, Calvin, Daniels, and Rafdal that would place us right around a top 20 class.

are you basing that on current 247's team class scores or likely final scores? On NSD there will be a lot of additions accross the board. Looking at the 2016 list, that puts us at a score of 228.01, or #25. For 2015 we would be #26. For 2014 that score gets us #30.

I guess its too hard to predict at this point, but I wouldn't get hopes too high. I'd take 25-30 as long as we are filling needs.

nerves=fried.

are you basing that on current 247's team class scores or likely final scores? On NSD there will be a lot of additions accross the board.

Looking at the 247C calculator (because I have it open), adding those guys would have given us a score in the 21-23 range looking at the past couple years.

nerves=fried.

The back-up plan for any DT's jumping is Walker. We have already secured him. He will stay at OL if we keep our DT's on board.

nerves=fried.

are you basing that on current 247's team class scores or likely final scores? On NSD there will be a lot of additions accross the board.

Looking at the 247C calculator (because I have it open), adding those guys would have given us a score in the 21-23 range looking at the past couple years.

Truth. Have the recruiting sites done final rankings yet? I saw that one of them did their final list of 5 stars. Usually they trickle down and release the final recruit rankings. I could see some of our guys getting bumped up (Jamies, Bando, Miles, and Hampton, Daniels if we land him) which could raise our class ranking a bit.

nerves=fried.

The back-up plan for any DT's jumping is Walker. We have already secured him. He will stay at OL if we keep our DT's on board.

A 6'6 275 DT in the 3-4?

• Fire 2

nerves=fried.

Truth. Have the recruiting sites done final rankings yet? I saw that one of them did their final list of 5 stars. Usually they trickle down and release the final recruit rankings. I could see some of our guys getting bumped up (Jamies, Bando, Miles, and Hampton, Daniels if we land him) which could raise our class ranking a bit.

I looked at our final score on 247 sports for 2016. It was # 25 and 218.49. I double checked.

I think my math is correct below.

Using the class calculator If we add Blades, Daniels, Rafdal, Calvin, and Michael O, then we get a score of 227.44. That would have been good for #22 in 2015 and # 23 in 2016.

If we add Grimes, then we get 229.86. That would have been good for #21 in 2015 and # 23 in 2016.

If we hit the jackpot and replace Lewis for Grimes, then our score would be 239.55. That would have been good for #17 in 2015 and # 17 in 2016.

Bottom line looks like this class could be anywhere from 15 to about 25+ depending on wins, losses and any late happy surprises. .

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***