*** 2017 Recruiting ***

https://twitter.com/Twaaall1/status/822196650445672448

Is there a profile on this guy? May have missed it, but I didn't see one. Tony Wallace who looks like is committed to Arizona at the moment and goes to school with Grimes. He's a mix between 2 and 3 star on services. Makes me think we are not hitting on many if any of those big targets. A little bit of desperation time looking for Defensive backs when you have to poach a guy rated .78. Gotta trust Dwill though. He's done okay so far!

This kid is a damn good corner, don't let the stars blind you. Has that smooth running style where he can put on the burners. The reason he is underrated is that he had to sit out his whole Jr year due to transferring and then was hurt a few games this year. Nebraska, USC and Oregon offered for a reason.

Thanks for the info! Glad there is more to it than the first glance. Haven't seen film for him yet. Is there a profile for him?

Is there a profile on this guy? May have missed it, but I didn't see one. Tony Wallace who looks like is committed to Arizona at the moment and goes to school with Grimes. He's a mix between 2 and 3 star on services. Makes me think we are not hitting on many if any of those big targets. A little bit of desperation time looking for Defensive backs when you have to poach a guy rated .78. Gotta trust Dwill though. He's done okay so far!

This kid is a damn good corner, don't let the stars blind you. Has that smooth running style where he can put on the burners. The reason he is underrated is that he had to sit out his whole Jr year due to transferring and then was hurt a few games this year. Nebraska, USC and Oregon offered for a reason.

Thanks for the info! Glad there is more to it than the first glance. Haven't seen film for him yet. Is there a profile for him?

I don't believe there is a profile on this board yet but you can check his highlights out on his Rivals page https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180997

I don't believe there is a profile on this board yet but you can check his highlights out on his Rivals page https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180997

Just watched his Hudl highlights. I would love this kid for special teams alone. Definitely not the biggest guy, but man can he mix it up. He's beating up on dudes all through this film either blocking them clear off the field, or laying the wood on defense. A little concerning that he has a tendency to not look where he's hitting when tackling but that's correctable. The 5'10 height didn't seem to hinder his ability to cover guys that are considerably taller. Also seems like he has a nose for the ball. Once he gets it, he has some great field vision. You were right, he has a lot of skill for that rating.

That's a great mix of committed guys and ones we really want. Let the peer recruiting begin in person.

Don't forget about KJJ/Gebbia/Roberts/McQuitty/Bando already being on campus and peer recruiting.

Didn't even think of that! This weekend is really kind of the full court press I guess. Hope it bares fruit

17 commits on our way to 22 (so they say). Sounds like we're looking for 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DT, and 2 DBs which is 6 guys for five spots but we could go up to 25 guys. Also think we'd take another DB and Lewis if available.

We're no longer in the market for another DE.

Some thinking that Thompson and Grimes are the most likely WRs, fwiw.

Priority:
DB - Our roster isn't in bad shape but we don't have any commits there yet. Still.
WR - The three we have are really good but with the lack of numbers we need a couple more.
TE - Need to make sure we add depth.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - JAYLIN BRADLEY, CJ Verdell
FB - 1 - BEN MILES
WR - 5 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, TYJON LINDSEY, Joseph Lewis, Gavin Holmes, Bryan Thompson, Randal Grimes, Jamire Calvin
TE - 2 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Kurt Rafdal, Nick Robinson
OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, CHRIS WALKER
OG/C - 1 - BROC BANDO

DT - 3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, DEIONTAE WATTS, Damion Daniels
DE - 1 - GUY THOMAS
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, ANDREW WARD
CB - 1-2 - Deommodore Lenoir, Greg Johnson, Elijah Blades
S - 0-1 -

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***