A Few Realities to Chew On

Landlord

Jesus landlord cmon. Mitchell did what ge did cuz that lard ass was down there doing god knows what to our star.

Miami started the bullsh#t by escalating the jawing into pushinh and shoving and a near brawl. How much football have you watched this year with jawing and such. And now all a sudden miami comes to town and we got two near bench clearing incidents. This is a miami problem with their wannabe badassculture. Nota jmitch/gregory smack talk problem.

I loved it by the way. 300lb lineman? Ah hell no. Leave it to little 160 jmitch to be the first one in to take on a guy literally twice his size. Disaggreement aside you have to admit that was awesome. And dont forget about mcmullens massive suplex.

I love him defending his teammate, don't love him attacking the other team. There's a line that gets crossed in there somewhere, but overall it's really a non-issue for me. I totally get it and I'd rather have Josh going after someone than running away from them any day.

just so you know im not bein ignorant. I understand your point. It would be better for all to take the high road and walk away but we know that wont happen in such high motor situations. Not necessarily you but i just cant stand for anyone that in any justifies those miami players' behavior with "well gregory was jawing too". That is just 100% copout chickensh#t bs from someone who has obviously never played competitive sports before. My 1st 2nd grade flag football team tks smack (well, not really. But it would be kinda neat. Yeah thats not true either) Randys bein a real meany so its ok to pile on him after a play and try to destroy his future. Right.

Jesus landlord cmon. Mitchell did what ge did cuz that lard ass was down there doing god knows what to our star.

Miami started the bullsh#t by escalating the jawing into pushinh and shoving and a near brawl. How much football have you watched this year with jawing and such. And now all a sudden miami comes to town and we got two near bench clearing incidents. This is a miami problem with their wannabe badassculture. Nota jmitch/gregory smack talk problem.

I loved it by the way. 300lb lineman? Ah hell no. Leave it to little 160 jmitch to be the first one in to take on a guy literally twice his size. Disaggreement aside you have to admit that was awesome. And dont forget about mcmullens massive suplex.

I love him defending his teammate, don't love him attacking the other team. There's a line that gets crossed in there somewhere, but overall it's really a non-issue for me. I totally get it and I'd rather have Josh going after someone than running away from them any day.

just so you know im not bein ignorant. I understand your point. It would be better for all to take the high road and walk away but we know that wont happen in such high motor situations. Not necessarily you but i just cant stand for anyone that in any justifies those miami players' behavior with "well gregory was jawing too". That is just 100% copout chickensh#t bs from someone who has obviously never played competitive sports before. My 1st 2nd grade flag football team tks smack (well, not really. But it would be kinda neat. Yeah thats not true either) Randys bein a real meany so its ok to pile on him after a play and try to destroy his future. Right.
jeez. After reading this again i thiught i needed to make clearer. Landlord im not saying you are giving miami players a pass cuz gregory was jawing. Im just takin it that way from some of the comments. Not just here but on the reaction shows as well. Like i said. Jawing is a part of sports and there is no justification for the behavior of some of them miami players.

Just so im clear on that. Didnt think i was very in the first post.

jeez. After reading this again i thiught i needed to make clearer. Landlord im not saying you are giving miami players a pass cuz gregory was jawing. Im just takin it that way from some of the comments. Not just here but on the reaction shows as well. Like i said. Jawing is a part of sports and there is no justification for the behavior of some of them miami players.

Just so im clear on that. Didnt think i was very in the first post.

You're good. In a perfect world I'd love to see our players play their game and have no need to talk or acknowledge the opponent whatsoever, but I realize that not everyone is a Tim Duncan or Rex Burkhead. Even if it's in bad taste there's no way that talking smack begets or justifies a physical response.

I think Randy needs to cool it a little, but I only think he's responsible for himself, while every Miami player laying on him and going after him is completely guilty of their own actions.

I agree with ypur conclusion LOMS, things do feel different and it does seem like there is reason for optimism. However, I think stating we have played 3 to 3.5 complete games out of 4 is overstating things a bit. FAU was a complete game with a new feel. Followed by McNeese which was the antithesis of our first game, sloppy, unprepared, and unmotivated. Then Fresno which, IMO was marked by huge plays with sloppy unfocused play in between. Yes a good solid victory on the scoreboard but certainly not a whistle to whistle ass kicking that could've been. Then of course the Miami game which was another very complete effort marred only by some defensive letdowns and concerns. Dare I say this was a desperately needed signature win? I do. So yes there is reason for optimism, probably moreso than at any other time of the Pelini era but, there are also still signs that we should guard that optimism. I'll go full red koolaid if we don't letdown vs Illinois, take our A game to Lansing, and also handle the next few qith no headscratchers, and for godsakes no blowout losses this year. Then we will truly have turned the corner.

Bo said on the tv show tonight that yhe int was not Tommys gault afterall. That a WR ran a wrong route. Dont really understand who or what they were supposed to run but thats what he said. And as far as that play call i had no problem with it. Thats usually when you go for the throat of a big play. I just didnt understand doing it with Cross in the game and faking it to him and not gge guy that had been gashing the defense all night.

I don't like to see players getting into fights after plays. But I also don't like seeing a team not respond when things like that happen. The Huskers showed a level of aggression that I haven't seen in a while and it did them some good.

Now Pelini's job is more difficult this week as he will need to motivate to keep that aggression going while at the same time channeling it into more productive means so not to get penalties.

Still was a great game. And while I dislike Miami, hats off to them for making it a game almost the whole way.

Beck should have not called that 1st down pass where Tommy ended up throwing an INT. We were gashing them for 5-7 yards a pop on the ground, it was a no brainer to pound the rock all night, and no need to pass on a running down with the success we were having. It was one example of him out thinking himself.

Agree. But that play might be what led him to run it so much from then on.

Beck should have not called that 1st down pass where Tommy ended up throwing an INT. We were gashing them for 5-7 yards a pop on the ground, it was a no brainer to pound the rock all night, and no need to pass on a running down with the success we were having. It was one example of him out thinking himself.

Or, if tommy doesn't lock onto Westerkamp from the snap, he throws to a wide open Kenny underneath for a 20 yard gain.

This! That was a great call by Beck. Bell had no one near him. Miami was sucked in to the run game at that point. Against better teams executing plays like that will be crucial. We will not demoralize defenses like MSU like we did Miami. Miami may have better athletes but like any bully they roll over when punched in the mouth. Against a higher character team, we must pass to keep them honest and that play was there. TA decided when he broke the huddle he was going for Jordan

Exactly. Miami was provoking Gregory badly and then doubling up on him brazenly. I'm glad he didn't get hurt with that giant piece of crap planted on his legs after every play.

landlord, I do remember a certain Iowa game last year, and some comments that most likely should not have been made. 2 years is a huge stretch I think.

But like I said, his actions Saturday night impressed me. And I have never been his biggest fan. He is doing things that make me happy he is our coach. Where I live, that is taking my life in my hands. My other half makes Polo seem very reasonable, trust me.

Yep. Beck finally figured out how to trust his senior leader after another TA mistake. Hopefully, TA learns from this.

Honest question: when we fumbled the ball on a rush, and had two key sequences where we handed the ball to Abdullah three consecutive times and failed to get a first down, did you question Beck's insistence on running the ball?

Yep. Beck finally figured out how to trust his senior leader after another TA mistake. Hopefully, TA learns from this.

Honest question: when we fumbled the ball on a rush, and had two key sequences where we handed the ball to Abdullah three consecutive times and failed to get a first down, did you question Beck's insistence on running the ball?

The way we moved the ball on the ground, I didn't once question Beck's decision to call a run play. I'm not sure I've liked Beck's trickery in previous games, but even the reverse excited me and liked the timing of it. Just needed one more block and that play may have gone the distance.

Running the ball the third time was a good call. If Cotton picks up the linebacker on the edge instead of blocking no one the play goes for at least three yards and a first down.

TA fumble was a misread as there was only six guys in the box at the snap with the free safety back peddling pre snap. If TA gives to Cross and each lineman holds his block, Cross is one on one with the free safety 15 yards away and fleeing.

Running the ball the third time was a good call. If Cotton picks up the linebacker on the edge instead of blocking no one the play goes for at least three yards and a first down.

TA fumble was a misread as there was only six guys in the box at the snap with the free safety back peddling pre snap. If TA gives to Cross and each lineman holds his block, Cross is one on one with the free safety 15 yards away and fleeing.

Well you can do the same thing with pass plays; they are often good calls and would have been successful if someting else had happened.

I just don't get why an incomplete pass or interception is an example of Beck out-thinking himself or getting too cute, but a fumble or a stuffed run isn't.

I'm pretty sure our senior leader loves having a legitimate passing threat that loosens up the linebackers for him.

• Fire 3