We have accomplished nothing - reality check time

knapplc

Great post Knapp, but couldn't things just as easily go the other way?

What if the Miami game was what the proverbial doctor ordered? Something that these guys can use as a rallying point, a point of pride and strength they can draw from. They've heard all year that they aren't going to make it to the CCG, and take on a "us against the world" attitude. There's a lot of fight left in this dog.

Who's not to say they don't go into East Lansing and Camp Randall, and out play them at their own game?

What I'm worried about more than anything, is that this past Saturday was a cruel joke. That we'll see the offense from the NcNeese St game rear it's ugly head this Saturday and for weeks to come. That the Miami game was merely called for nostalgia's sake, instead of being a revelation, and maybe a sign of things to come...

I'm kinda glad we got a scare from McNeese -- now this team knows that it can't let down its guard against anyone, and (hopefully) will show up ready to play every week. The longer the streak continues, the more important preparation and intensity will become... the longer they go undefeated, the hungrier and more confident these kids are going to get. East Lansing will be the first major test, in my opinion. If they can make it through that, look out -- the sky's the limit. A team with no expectations is a dangerous team.

Interesting post.

100% agreed for a couple of points .....

• "particularly at linebacker. Miami repeatedly gashed us through the air". Extra bad news, Santo is not playing.
  • "Wes Lunt may be a better quarterback than Kaaya". I watched him during Okie Lite career. He's was a hot or cold performances, nothing in between. If hot, could be trouble, like 38 to 35 score, either way.
  • "four-loss specter still looms". Bo's habit.

On paper, and history tell us....blah blah blah.

C'mon Knapp.

If this is the case, then why should we ever look forward of getting out of the "hole" or so to speak. We're 4-0. Would you rather us have lost that McNeese game, or folded after Miami scored on the opening drive.

Spin it with negativity, but it can be spun positively too. Depends if the glass is half full or half empty.

C'mon Knapp.

If this is the case, then why should we ever look forward of getting out of the "hole" or so to speak. We're 4-0. Would you rather us have lost that McNeese game, or folded after Miami scored on the opening drive.

Spin it with negativity, but it can be spun positively too. Depends if the glass is half full or half empty.

+1

C'mon Knapp.

I think his point was look forward to getting out of the whole when they beat a team with a pulse and actually show consistency. When Miami is your biggest win of the year this year it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

C'mon Knapp.

I think his point was look forward to getting out of the whole when they beat a team with a pulse and actually show consistency. When Miami is your biggest win of the year this year it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Certainly nothing that we could do about it.

I think there's good reason to think this season is different.

Through the first 4 games since 2008:

2008: Teams played finished 28-23

Offense: 421 yards per game (155 rushing, 266 passing)

Defense: 355 yards per game (116 rushing, 239 passing)

TO Differential: -1 (6 forced, 7 conceded)

2009: Teams played finished 25-24

Offense: 440 yards per game (184 rushing, 256 passing)

Defense: 283 yards per game (113 rushing, 170 passing)

TO Differential: +4 (7 forced, 3 conceded)

2010: Teams played finished 20-29

Offense: 471 yards per game (309 rushing, 162 passing)

Defense: 265 yards per game (139 rushing, 126 passing)

TO Differential: +2 (12 forced, 10 conceded)

2011: Teams played finished 24-26

Offense: 439 yards per game (272 rushing, 167 passing)

Defense: 350 yards per game (133 rushing, 217 passing)

TO Differential: 0 (6 forced, 6 conceded)

2012: Teams played finished 20-30

Offense: 542 yards per game (318 rushing, 224 passing)

Defense: 352 yards per game (177 rushing, 175 passing)

TO Differential: -2 (7 forced, 9 conceded)

2013: Teams played finished 25-26

Offense: 496 yards per game (281 rushing, 215 passing)

Defense: 464 yards per game (179 rushing, 285 passing)

TO Differential: +4 (10 forced, 6 conceded)

2014: Teams played finished ??-??

Offense: 560 yards per game (329 rushing, 231 passing)

Defense: 330 yards per game (150 rushing, 180 passing)

TO Differential: 0 (4 forced, 4 conceded)

So where does that put us in terms of recent years?

Rushing yards per game: 1st

Passing yards per game: 3rd

Total yards per game: 1st

Rushing yards allowed per game: 5th

Passing yards allowed per game: 4th

Total yards allowed per game: 3rd

Turnovers forced: 7th

Turnovers conceded: 2nd

TO Differential: 4th

• Fire 2

On paper, and history tell us....blah blah blah.C'mon Knapp. If this is the case, then why should we ever look forward of getting out of the "hole" or so to speak. We're 4-0. Would you rather us have lost that McNeese game, or folded after Miami scored on the opening drive.Spin it with negativity, but it can be spun positively too. Depends if the glass is half full or half empty.

Certainly nothing that we could do about it. I think there's good reason to think this season is different. Through the first 4 games since 2008: 2008: Teams played finished 28-23 Offense: 421 yards per game (155 rushing, 266 passing)Defense: 355 yards per game (116 rushing, 239 passing)TO Differential: -1 (6 forced, 7 conceded) 2009: Teams played finished 25-24 Offense: 440 yards per game (184 rushing, 256 passing)Defense: 283 yards per game (113 rushing, 170 passing)TO Differential: +4 (7 forced, 3 conceded) 2010: Teams played finished 20-29 Offense: 471 yards per game (309 rushing, 162 passing)Defense: 265 yards per game (139 rushing, 126 passing)TO Differential: +2 (12 forced, 10 conceded) 2011: Teams played finished 24-26 Offense: 439 yards per game (272 rushing, 167 passing)Defense: 350 yards per game (133 rushing, 217 passing)TO Differential: 0 (6 forced, 6 conceded) 2012: Teams played finished 20-30 Offense: 542 yards per game (318 rushing, 224 passing)Defense: 352 yards per game (177 rushing, 175 passing)TO Differential: -2 (7 forced, 9 conceded) 2013: Teams played finished 25-26 Offense: 496 yards per game (281 rushing, 215 passing)Defense: 464 yards per game (179 rushing, 285 passing)TO Differential: +4 (10 forced, 6 conceded) 2014: Teams played finished ??-?? Offense: 560 yards per game (329 rushing, 231 passing)Defense: 330 yards per game (150 rushing, 180 passing)TO Differential: 0 (4 forced, 4 conceded) So where does that put us in terms of recent years? Rushing yards per game: 1stPassing yards per game: 3rdTotal yards per game: 1st Rushing yards allowed per game: 5thPassing yards allowed per game: 4thTotal yards allowed per game: 3rd Turnovers forced: 7thTurnovers conceded: 2ndTO Differential: 4th

Who knows? These numbers will undoubtedly be inflated by McNeese, who's an FCS program, which is laughable, but FAU, Fresno and Miami could all struggle for bowl eligibility and it wouldn't surprise me.

They. Haven't. Played. Anyone. That's all I'm saying. Knapp is too, btw.

I think we are dealing with a more mature more realistic Bo. I think Bo has had enough blow out losses to realize we take this game one week at a time. Why get ready to play FSU or Bama when we will never get there if we dont beat IL.

Husker fans' have bad habits too, we all know what they are. No we are not proven yet, neither are the other B1G teams at this very moment. MSU is considered on the top heap, king sh*t on the hill but they still have to prove it this season, no pass on the hype - they have to go out to prove it just like we have too. It does not matter to me where we are in the polls (leap frogging syndrome), it is not my problem if the media is in love with the SEC, Big 12 or whatever. My team is the Huskers', I chose to be a fan. May be, just may be the game with Miami our team OL got a small taste of what it was like for the pipeline tradition? We have to see Saturday - tune in and make sure you wear your N logo.

• Fire 1

On paper, and history tell us....blah blah blah.C'mon Knapp. If this is the case, then why should we ever look forward of getting out of the "hole" or so to speak. We're 4-0. Would you rather us have lost that McNeese game, or folded after Miami scored on the opening drive.Spin it with negativity, but it can be spun positively too. Depends if the glass is half full or half empty.

Certainly nothing that we could do about it. I think there's good reason to think this season is different. Through the first 4 games since 2008: 2008: Teams played finished 28-23 Offense: 421 yards per game (155 rushing, 266 passing)Defense: 355 yards per game (116 rushing, 239 passing)TO Differential: -1 (6 forced, 7 conceded) 2009: Teams played finished 25-24 Offense: 440 yards per game (184 rushing, 256 passing)Defense: 283 yards per game (113 rushing, 170 passing)TO Differential: +4 (7 forced, 3 conceded) 2010: Teams played finished 20-29 Offense: 471 yards per game (309 rushing, 162 passing)Defense: 265 yards per game (139 rushing, 126 passing)TO Differential: +2 (12 forced, 10 conceded) 2011: Teams played finished 24-26 Offense: 439 yards per game (272 rushing, 167 passing)Defense: 350 yards per game (133 rushing, 217 passing)TO Differential: 0 (6 forced, 6 conceded) 2012: Teams played finished 20-30 Offense: 542 yards per game (318 rushing, 224 passing)Defense: 352 yards per game (177 rushing, 175 passing)TO Differential: -2 (7 forced, 9 conceded) 2013: Teams played finished 25-26 Offense: 496 yards per game (281 rushing, 215 passing)Defense: 464 yards per game (179 rushing, 285 passing)TO Differential: +4 (10 forced, 6 conceded) 2014: Teams played finished ??-?? Offense: 560 yards per game (329 rushing, 231 passing)Defense: 330 yards per game (150 rushing, 180 passing)TO Differential: 0 (4 forced, 4 conceded) So where does that put us in terms of recent years? Rushing yards per game: 1stPassing yards per game: 3rdTotal yards per game: 1st Rushing yards allowed per game: 5thPassing yards allowed per game: 4thTotal yards allowed per game: 3rd Turnovers forced: 7thTurnovers conceded: 2ndTO Differential: 4th

Who knows? These numbers will undoubtedly be inflated by McNeese, who's an FCS program, which is laughable, but FAU, Fresno and Miami could all struggle for bowl eligibility and it wouldn't surprise me.

They. Haven't. Played. Anyone. That's all I'm saying. Knapp is too, btw.

If there's one number out of those that's worth paying attention to though, it's the turnovers conceded number, 2nd lowest since 2009. You don't have to be playing great teams to not concede turnovers.

Disagree OP. Fan bases are always important to the success of a team. And the money booster fans perhaps more so. The thug game was a giant success with the fan base. That has a serious real effect on the current and future situation of any team.

Play on field...I think it didn't prove much or anything important. I do think Ameer and the coaches showed something more than we've usually seen before so I won't discount that. If there is more to come from them, future results look to improve upon past results.

But, like I said, I think it was VERY important in the fan world and that Does matter. A lot. This was a big win. Period.

C'mon Knapp.

+1

+10000