Game 6 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska @ Michigan State

Man, almost all those predictions are the same!

I guess I don't see why people feel like MSU has a sweet offense? They beat up 3 crappy teams and got smoked by Oregon.

I really think that these are two evenly matched teams.

I'm not sure about their offense. But, they didn't get "smoked" by Oregon. They were ahead in that game in the third quarter. I think MSU totally got worn out at the end of that game.

I'm hoping we can pound them all game and have the same affect at the end of the game this weekend.

• Fire 2

I guess I don't see why people feel like MSU has a sweet offense? They beat up 3 crappy teams and got smoked by Oregon.

I'm not sure about their offense. But, they didn't get "smoked" by Oregon. They were ahead in that game in the third quarter. I think MSU totally got worn out at the end of that game.

I'm hoping we can pound them all game and have the same affect at the end of the game this weekend.

They got outscored 28-3 in the second half...smokage

Was the MSU offense gassed too?

My heart says:

NU 31 MSU 17

Ameer establishes himself as a front runner for the Heisman, and Bo's scheme does what it normally does against pocket passers and there is rejoicing.

My brain says:

MSU 42 NU 21

Ameer gets his, Beck tries to take advantage of a crowded box by passing and Tommy is baited into two picks. Hostile crowd, MSU scores early, and every one gets too obsessed with a targeting penalty on Gregory that keeps a MSU drive alive, including Bo.

Much hate is piled on on Beck and Tommy.

---------------------

Bo could do a LOT to quell the stigmata and expectation I just described. There's a thread out calling it the "biggest" game. Far from it,but it sure as hell is a watershed game for this program and it's coach.

• Fire 2

MSU had one good quarter where they scored 24 of their 27 points. They were outscored in three out of four quarters and after the half were outscored 28-3. The game was competitive for a half but Sparty was soundly outplayed overall in the game.

My heart says:

NU 31 MSU 17

Ameer establishes himself as a front runner for the Heisman, and Bo's scheme does what it normally does against pocket passers and there is rejoicing.

My brain says:

MSU 42 NU 21

Ameer gets his, Beck tries to take advantage of a crowded box by passing and Tommy is baited into two picks. Hostile crowd, MSU scores early, and every one gets too obsessed with a targeting penalty on Gregory that keeps a MSU drive alive, including Bo.

Much hate is piled on on Beck and Tommy.

---------------------

Bo could do a LOT to quell the stigmata and expectation I just described. There's a thread out calling it the "biggest" game. Far from it,but it sure as hell is a watershed game for this program and it's coach.

I completely agree Polo.

I know we've done a good job on Michigan State's "pro style" in the past, but I don't quite see it happening again this year. The Spartans' offense has kicked it up a notch and while our defense has more 'fight' in them than the recent past, they've still been marched on by the likes of McNeese State, Wes Lunt's backup, and Miami's true freshman. We can expect Cook and Langford to get theirs. Probably a lot of theirs.

And Miami's defense and their gameplan, let's be honest, was a trainwreck. If not completely terrible, their contain 2-gap DL at least played into our hands. I think Michigan State could well take out one part of our game, and their scheme & execution are sophisticated enough to force our young QB into mistakes.

What we will need are big breaks, mainly in forcing turnovers from the D. It's never a good thing when that's what you depend on. On offenses, I see our line probably good for another couple of drive-stalling penalties as they have been in (every???) game this year, and giving up 2-3 out of 10-12 scoring opportunities in this way (unforced error) isn't going to cut it.

Our optimism so far relies almost completely on history. Bo's shut down MSU before, Beck's run on MSU before. But this isn't before, it's now. Nebraska's not the same team it was three weeks ago, for example. And right now, unfortunately, this looks like a multiple-score loss to a playoff-contending team.

I'd be ecstatic just to keep it a dogfight to the end. And I'd love, love, love to see us get the W.