Can Spartans stop Huskers run game?

AA is playing like a man possessed. After McNeese, he has taken his game to the next level. He won't be denied. The only thing stopping him tomorrow is the play calling. Throw in Cross and Newby and we have weapons they haven't seen yet. We have the best tandem in the B1G in AA and Cross. MSU is about to get throat punched with power running. Not to mention a QB who runs like a RB and lowers his shoulder. No standing tall and going down. DB thinks TA will go down easy will be surprised.

I think Cross might have a bigger part to play in this than we think. This is the type of game that are perfect guys like Imani. Don't get me wrong, AA is still gonna get his, and hoping to see at least a buck fifty from him, but I think that this prime opportunity to use Cross to maybe soften up the D with draws and counters...

I think Cross might have a bigger part to play in this than we think. This is the type of game that are perfect guys like Imani. Don't get me wrong, AA is still gonna get his, and hoping to see at least a buck fifty from him, but I think that this prime opportunity to use Cross tto maybe soften up the D with draws and counters...

I've seen only 1 counter from this Husker offense...and it came with Cross. It actually worked well too.

I think Cross might have a bigger part to play in this than we think. This is the type of game that are perfect guys like Imani. Don't get me wrong, AA is still gonna get his, and hoping to see at least a buck fifty from him, but I think that this prime opportunity to use Cross to maybe soften up the D with draws and counters...

Agree with the above. Would love to see A top 100 3x's in a row against Sparry, but think Cross could really do some damage as well. Would love to see Beck go to draws, counters and misdirection to slow that D and have them sit back instead of coming in all game. Use that aggression against them.

I'd like to see beck come out with some WR screens on 1st downs and try to pick up 4 or 5 yds, then get to running right at their defense when it's 2nd and 5. Give them a few drives of that to soften up that d, then let AA and company get to work. MSU is going to sell out to stop the run but I hope beck doesn't panic early and go air raid mode. GET AA THE BALL BY ANY MEANS!

"Stopping our run" probably isn't going to be msu's goal.

It's more than a little ridiculous to think that Ameer and Cross are going to be stopped for, say 58 yds each. Especially if Nebraska comes out committed to running. Ameer and Imani will get their yards. They're too good not to.

Now, when the field gets short, it may very well come down to Tommy getting the ball into the endzone via the ol' forward pass. And it will probably mean the difference between touchdowns and field goals.

QB run game could work well in the redzone. Power running with the RB as lead blocker - that could be where Cross excels this game.

"Stopping our run" probably isn't going to be msu's goal.

It's more than a little ridiculous to think that Ameer and Cross are going to be stopped for, say 58 yds each. Especially if Nebraska comes out committed to running. Ameer and Imani will get their yards. They're too good not to.

Now, when the field gets short, it may very well come down to Tommy getting the ball into the endzone via the ol' forward pass. And it will probably mean the difference between touchdowns and field goals.

QB run game could work well in the redzone. Power running with the RB as lead blocker - that could be where Cross excels this game.

If we do pass in the redzone it needs to get creative. I loved that screen to ameer on 3rd down against Miami that went for a touchdown. Gives Tommy an easy job and puts our players in a position to succeed well.

I'd like to see beck come out with some WR screens on 1st downs and try to pick up 4 or 5 yds, then get to running right at their defense when it's 2nd and 5. Give them a few drives of that to soften up that d, then let AA and company get to work. MSU is going to sell out to stop the run but I hope beck doesn't panic early and go air raid mode. GET AA THE BALL BY ANY MEANS!

I like seeing us run AA on 1st down and get 6-7 yards.

• Fire 1

I like seeing us run AA on 1st down and get 60-70 yards.

added some zeros.

Agree with the above. Would love to see A top 100 3x's in a row against Sparry, but think Cross could really do some damage as well. Would love to see Beck go to draws, counters and misdirection to slow that D and have them sit back instead of coming in all game. Use that aggression against them.

This, and then some...

Since I'm expecting that Sparty's D won't let them run all over the place, I just hope the run doesn't get abandoned, if it doesn't work right away...

This, and then some...

Since I'm expecting that Sparty's D won't let them run all over the place, I just hope the run doesn't get abandoned, if it doesn't work right away...

I don't think the run game will get abandoned. I would hope not. I am just more curious to what the play calling thinking and adjustments will be when things don't go perfect. Meaning, numerous 2nd and 9 or 2nd and 8, and the defense is getting penetration. Those are tough calls. What do you do over and over on those situations?

This, and then some...

I don't think the run game will get abandoned. I would hope not. I am just more curious to what the play calling thinking and adjustments will be when things don't go perfect. Meaning, numerous 2nd and 9 or 2nd and 8, and the defense is getting penetration. Those are tough calls. What do you do over and over on those situations?

I hope it doesn't get abandoned either, because I think doing so is a recipe for disaster.

If things get tough, I think you still have to run, but maybe a screen or two, some diamond, and maybe this...