*** The Official Michigan State Spartans Game Discussion Thread ***

I really do wish we could find an answer as to WHY for over 17 years on big-time nationally televised games Nebraska not only loses, but just melts under the pressure?

There were games that we did it under Solich. We certainly did it under Callahan. And we have been guaranteed at least one or two a year under Pelini.

For the program as a whole, it's becoming ridiculous.

We can piss money away on everything else--why don't we get the sports psychologist that we had under Osborne? This team needs a shrink.

For those going apesh#t on Tommy, Beck, and even Abdullah for Lords sake look at the offensive line. They are doing nothing. I think nearly every play I've watched we have had one or two linemen who've barely even touched a defender. Every play!

Amen brother. Also, when all your pass routes are within 7 yards of one another goos luck having someone open against that defense. Eventually Narduzzi was going to figure us out and Beck has nothing up his sleeve.

Pretty sure that's on Beck...

What the hell is Tim Beck doing this game. Horrible play calling the entire game. We have hardly ran the wildcat this year (a few times)....why would you make that call at that point?

LOL... you sound surprised

Not surprised, but the last 2 games he seemed to turn the tide. Now we are back to complete amateur playcalling.

it is poor performance by the 0-line. it isn't play calling

I would disagree. When the other team has a stop for a very vanilla up the middle rushing attack that Beck is calling, its up to him to have plan B and C and so on.

Tim Beck thought he could run Ameer, run Ameer and win; Good plan if the offensive line was good enough but they are not. The defense cannot hold up if the offense does not put points up when they have good position and turnovers. I think we are one Sparty TD away from a season melt down. Another 9-4 season.

I'm getting to a crossroads here. I plan my weekends around this team. I'm close to stopping that. My blood pressure is through the roof right now!

Same here. It's hard, man. You want so much to believe that they're going to get over the hump... but they never do. Just one embarrassment after another. And the worst part is, the games aren't even competitive.

On the bright-side it's only 17-0. It feels like it should be way worse.

Actually with as good of field position as weve had, we should be winning. Punting on our own 35 and 25 instead of going for it or kicking a field goal. Unnecessary roughness that put us back 15 yards and killed a drive and then fumble at the five. This should be at least 24-7 NU