Will the Huskers Lose Four?

I can accept a loss in Madison if it's well played, competitive and we dont just hand it to them. That'd be tough sell though, since to me anyway, it's clearly obvious we are the most talented team in the west. But losing to anyone else would be flat out unacceptable. Yet, sadly, I'm still expecting a couple more regular season losses.

losing to wiscy would be terribly disappointing. yes, arguably our two toughest games will be on the road, but that would just make the victories that much more compelling. if we finish the season losing to msu and wiscy, it would be a pretty lackluster regular season.

It is tough to say without knowing who and how we might lose. If we finish the regular season with one loss at Michigan State, I'll be "happy." If we were to lose tough fought games in the Big Ten Championship to MSU or OSU and/or a bowl game to a great team, I wouldn't be "happy" to finish the year with consecutive losses, but I would be "happy" with the improvement in the program. Essentially, it would be a 11-3 season with all losses to Top-10 teams away from Lincoln.

• Fire 2

Here's my question

Even if we go 11-3, but lose the championship game and bowl game, are people actually going to be happy?

Seems that 2010 and 2012 were frustrating as hell not as much because of 4 losses but because of 2 losses to end the season.

It would be vintage Nebraska of late. On the surface it looks good, but easily discredited when examined.

Here's my question

Even if we go 11-3, but lose the championship game and bowl game, are people actually going to be happy?

Seems that 2010 and 2012 were frustrating as hell not as much because of 4 losses but because of 2 losses to end the season.

It would be vintage Nebraska of late. On the surface it looks good, but easily discredited when examined.

Are you discrediting a record and losses when they haven't happened yet? Classic.

• Fire 2

Here's my question

I do think it would still come down to who we lost to and what was the score. I can live with 2 losses to end the season. If its a battle in a conference championship and bowl game and the losses are single digits and they played well, I would just chalk it up to being on the short end and wouldn't panic. It's not ideal, but things happen.

But I don't see how Nebraska fans could stand for a 39 point beat down by a 7-5 team followed by getting 45 hung on them in a bowl game for which they had a month to prepare.

• Fire 1

Here's my question

Are you discrediting a record and losses when they haven't happened yet? Classic.

I will never answer another hypothetical question asking to judge a record ever again.

Seriously man.

• Fire 3

I do think it would still come down to who we lost to and what was the score. I can live with 2 losses to end the season. If its a battle in a conference championship and bowl game and the losses are single digits and they played well, I would just chalk it up to being on the short end and wouldn't panic. It's not ideal, but things happen.

But I don't see how Nebraska fans could stand for a 39 point beat down by a 7-5 team followed by getting 45 hung on them in a bowl game for which they had a month to prepare.

Such season's endings make for an unbearable offseason.

Everyone's still kind of in a malaise now, and we won our bowl game and we're 6-1 on the season. Another such performance to close a season...

That's the double-edged sword of having such a passionate fan base - when you need them, they're there for you. But when you give them ample reason to expect you'll rip out their hearts, they become bloodthirsty.

Such season's endings make for an unbearable offseason.

Everyone's still kind of in a malaise now, and we won our bowl game and we're 6-1 on the season. Another such performance to close a season...

That's the double-edged sword of having such a passionate fan base - when you need them, they're there for you. But when you give them ample reason to expect you'll rip out their hearts, they become bloodthirsty.

Go play intramurals, brother.

I can accept a loss in Madison if it's well played, competitive and we dont just hand it to them. That'd be tough sell though, since to me anyway, it's clearly obvious we are the most talented team in the west. But losing to anyone else would be flat out unacceptable. Yet, sadly, I'm still expecting a couple more regular season losses.

This is the year we stomp Wisky. They have a running game and that's it. Our D is getting better each game. We have a bye week before the final 3 games to heal up. That jet sweep crap will get sniffed out and beaten down and Gordon will have his seasons lowest total.

It is AA vs Gordin for the B1G and national accolades IMO (not Hypesman). NU goes all in to get the win for the team and bragging rights for AA. AA plays angry. Very angry.

• Fire 1

This is the year we stomp Wisky. They have a running game and that's it. Our D is getting better each game. We have a bye week before the final 3 games to heal up. That jet sweep crap will get sniffed out and beaten down and Gordon will have his seasons lowest total.

It is AA vs Gordin for the B1G and national accolades IMO (not Hypesman). NU goes all in to get the win for the team and bragging rights for AA. AA plays angry. Very angry.

This was the case just under two years ago as well

But I hope youre right. I gotta see it to believe it though. But if it is the case, who gets us? Iowa or Minny?

There's not a team left on our schedule who is more talented than us. There is a lot of talent at every position for us.

Tommy's a good QB who can manage the game. The only two times we've lost when he's started under center has been against Michigan State, and those were close games. Ameer is a Heisman caliber running back who is looking like he's rounding back into form after a rough 1.5 games. Chongo Kondolo and Givens Price might be the solution to the right side woes. Pierson-El is a threat anytime he has the ball, Westerkamp can catch just about anything, and Kenny Bell presents a constant deep threat. So unless all of these guys are overrated, we present a significant threat to each defense we come up against because we have a lot of weapons to use. The big concern is whether these weapons will be used correctly, and we've seen the best and worst of Tim Beck this season.

We're less stacked on the defensive side of the ball, having to break in a few new faces at the LB and CB spots. But that defensive line has been pretty great so far this year. Everyone stepped up their effort in the 2nd half against Northwestern, and has done an admirable job against most teams we've gone up against. I hope we continue to blitz like we did against Northwestern. Our LBs can't cover their TE or WR opposite for very long, so why not do something that'll force an earlier throw?

I don't think we'll get to 4Ls this season. It'll be inexcusable if we do.

• Fire 1