An Interesting Blind Resume Test (Please Stop Screaming About SEC Bias)

Landlord

Thing is though folks wouldn't be complaining nearly as much if this was the committee's result. OM being in the playoff over Oregon was the tipping point. Ya things aren't over by any means and the committee said the difference between 4, 5, 6, and 7 was paper thin but this is all about picking a top4 the committee's top4 was not a good sign.

The thing is though that OM won't be in the playoff over Oregon at the end of the day if they don't deserve to be.

So go ahead and get mad that they're ranked higher right now but you're wasting your time because it doesn't matter because right now isn't the end of the season.

• Fire 1

So many big games. I really do not think anyone has a clue as to what is going to happen. Florida State has the easiest way to the playoff, but as I look at it now, it seems we have the easiest after them. We have one ranked team to play to win the Conference Championship.

Georgia

Auburn

Ole Miss

Mississippi State

Oregon

TCU

Baylor

Kansas State

Arizona

Arizona State

Ohio State

Michigan State

Notre Dame

And a few others

All have at least to get through two and some three to win their conference.

Some will fall hard is my guess. But it appears losing to a highly ranked team and beating a highly ranked team helps a lot.

Thing is though folks wouldn't be complaining nearly as much if this was the committee's result. OM being in the playoff over Oregon was the tipping point. Ya things aren't over by any means and the committee said the difference between 4, 5, 6, and 7 was paper thin but this is all about picking a top4 the committee's top4 was not a good sign.

The thing is though that OM won't be in the playoff over Oregon at the end of the day if they don't deserve to be.

So go ahead and get mad that they're ranked higher right now but you're wasting your time because it doesn't matter because right now isn't the end of the season.

That is yet to be determined.

And, the questions about how they handled the wins against top 25 that have been raised in this thread are very appropriate questions that would affect this greatly.

This was a nice attempt at proving something but unfortunately using the method they used, the results are meaningless. I realize it's nearly impossible to do this in a different way, though.

But just look at MSU. They beat the #8 team (LSU) and the #6 team (Texas A&M). Of course they're picked #1, even if no one knows the team names. It's all based off the possibly biased polls.

That being said I don't think the rankings are that far off (in this case or in the actual polls). I thought Ole Miss should have dropped more but that's my only major gripe.

• Fire 4

That is yet to be determined.

And, the questions about how they handled the wins against top 25 that have been raised in this thread are very appropriate questions that would affect this greatly.

THIS

This was a nice attempt at proving something but unfortunately using the method they used, the results are meaningless. I realize it's nearly impossible to do this in a different way, though.

But just look at MSU. They beat the #8 team (LSU) and the #6 team (Texas A&M). Of course they're picked #1, even if no one knows the team names. It's all based off the possibly biased polls.

That being said I don't think the rankings are that far off (in this case or in the actual polls). I thought Ole Miss should have dropped more but that's my only major gripe.

All of this. When a lower ranked $EC team beats a higher ranked $EC team, the higher ranked team barely drops and the lower ranked team skyrockets, but if that happens to any other conferences teams, the higher ranked team plummets while the lower ranked team gets bumped up a few notches.

Look, the $EC is the best conference (you can thank texs$$ and the little 10 for that) but to claim that there is no bias is just not true. this poll is flawed.

• Fire 2

SEC BIAS!!!!! Oh, what. You said STOP screaming it. (Whispers) sec bias

Is there am SEC bias? Yes and eSECpn has a financial interest in promoting it. I also think there is a negative bias for the B1G.

As for the TexASS Conference it needs to be swallowed up by the other four major conference's for a legit playoff system to work, 5 conference champions just

doesn't make for a good playoff bracket. The TexASS Conference will never have another Conference Championship game because TexASS doesn't want to take the

chance of having an end of the year loss, they just don't want another championship win that has to be engineered by the officials on the field.

T_O_B

But aren't all the SEC "wins over top 25 teams" actually wins over other similarly overrated SEC teams? What was the SEC's big out of conference win this year? Auburn over Kansas State? Ohhh boy.

This.

Add it Alabama over a decent-looking West Vriginia team. The rest is full of terrible teams - not to mention no road games.

But aren't all the SEC "wins over top 25 teams" actually wins over other similarly overrated SEC teams? What was the SEC's big out of conference win this year? Auburn over Kansas State? Ohhh boy.

This.

Add it Alabama over a decent-looking West Vriginia team. The rest is full of terrible teams - not to mention no road games.

I'd like to B1G teams to follow the SEC and start scheduling FCS teams right in the middle of conference play, spice things up a bit...

Cowherd just said that he thinks the committee actually had a little Anit-SEC bias since Bama should be higher than 6, and Georgia is much better than 11. I feel so much better now.

WTF????

3 of 4 are from the SEC and they complain because the next two are too low when they are still in the top 11?

What a bunch of BS. That is such a week argument that I'm shocked it was even attempted.

• Fire 2