Brightside, if there is one to some of you....

Here's the upside:

The defense seems to get better every game, overall. Even if they do blow coverage on a big play, everybody seems to know immediately who done what wrong, and that's a good thing.

We have depth at the defensive line, or at least more so than we have had in several years.

We're starting to use a rotation in the offensive line that doesn't show a drop off in performance, if not talent.

On some plays, Collins gets by his guy so fast and easy, I suspect he's using a Jedi mind trick.

We have a great punt returner.

I don't think we had many penalties at all this game.

No fumbles by the running backs...I think...

At this point in the season you should be getting better as a team. Don't see it. If Bo and Company profess "You play like you practice" then someone needs another set of eyes on this team. Tommy pulls out ever so slightly before the snap. Its subtle, but there and if I were Kenny Bell, I would be pissed. Tommy cannot throw the ball for some reason. Bring in Fyfe and let Tommy know that his performance is not acceptable. Bo blaming his receivers for not running the routes doesn't cut it. Fix it or find someone who can. Like a quarterback coach.

BRI

I still say it is first time coach with way too much responsibility. He needs quality assistants, not friends. We see improvement when Bo puts his hands on the problem area, but he just can not do it all. He needs help. Two qualified coordinators would change this program and rapidly I think.

If he is going to call the defense, which I feel he does, why not a QB coach. I do not think we put the kids in the best position to win or improve, and you look at Bo and the look on his face after some of things that happen, Is like what in the F--- is going on!!!

I don't think we win out, we might just lose the rest if we play like we did today. I certainly hope not, but just too many turnovers, QB is not a division one QB as far as I am concerned. Great kid, a good leader, but does not have the skills to make the offense work on a regular basis.

For some winning is all that is important, but playing like we played today does not show improvement from the QB, steps back taken. We play like we did today against the next three, a lot will be calling for Bo's head again.

You say two quality coordinators, yet the defense has largely been quite consistent through the year. Quite consistently in the very good range, even if not quite great, overcoming a 1/3 of its starters go down due to injury. Its never given up more than 31 points in a game, and that was aided by a garbage touchdown. Its the offense that has been largely up and down. 2012 called, i think it wants its then-credible argument back. (but at that point, one might argue that Beck was the more consistent assistant)

• Fire 1

If you feel Papuchis is calling the defense, making the corrections then fine. I do not. Bo is the head of the defense and has been for the last two years. Pap is a friend he tried to help, and I admit he maybe learning his job a little, but a established coach, that knows how to run a defense by himself is what is needed. The offense is so scatter brained and out of control it is hilarious at times. We have some talent, and it is not being used right. This program needs coaching, high quality coaching. We do not have it, if we did, the same problems would not keep reoccurring time after time after time.

Bo started in way over his head, and has made headway, but he is still teaching/correcting and doing the job of the DC. That is the waste of a coaching slot. I have no idea what Beck is doing and from some of the comments by Bo, he doesn't either.

I hope I am completely wrong, but I see this season ending just like the past seasons, falling through our ass on National Television, dropping two of the next three. But next year, and wait until next year, next year. Get your crap together this year. If this season ends with 2 out of three being losses, my guess is it will take one Coordinator to fall for Bo to keep his job.

Loyalty killed Clownahan, it is doing the same to Bo.

• Fire 2

I don't think for a second that Pap is calling the defense all the time. We get in a sticky situation, it seems Bo for sure takes things over. During this game I seen him on TV telling Paps what to signal in. Not surprised, he's been doing this for a few years now, at least from time to time.

The season just got even tougher, it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out since Iowa, Wisky, Minny, and us all have to play each other in November. The division is about to be decided in short order, the offense needs to pull its head out of its rear. I was very concerned when Bo said in the post-game press conference that he isn't seeing these snap issues in practice. Either he's blind or TA needs to calm the heck down.

Man I think I am going to put about 10 of you guys on suicide watch. We just lost a game by 21, no wait, we won by 21.

Armstrong played poorly today, probably his worst game of the year, but man lighten up everyone.

You know Purdue is not great, but if you watch some other games besides Nebraska you might note that they are steadily improving.

Yeah Wisconsin beat Rutgers pretty bad but part of the reason is that NU beat the crap out of them last week. Nova couldn't move at all, and there punter shanked like 4 punts giving Wisconsin the ball on Rutgers 40 or better.

• Fire 1

If you feel Papuchis is calling the defense, making the corrections then fine. I do not. Bo is the head of the defense and has been for the last two years. Pap is a friend he tried to help, and I admit he maybe learning his job a little, but a established coach, that knows how to run a defense by himself is what is needed. The offense is so scatter brained and out of control it is hilarious at times. We have some talent, and it is not being used right. This program needs coaching, high quality coaching. We do not have it, if we did, the same problems would not keep reoccurring time after time after time.

Bo started in way over his head, and has made headway, but he is still teaching/correcting and doing the job of the DC. That is the waste of a coaching slot. I have no idea what Beck is doing and from some of the comments by Bo, he doesn't either.

I hope I am completely wrong, but I see this season ending just like the past seasons, falling through our ass on National Television, dropping two of the next three. But next year, and wait until next year, next year. Get your crap together this year. If this season ends with 2 out of three being losses, my guess is it will take one Coordinator to fall for Bo to keep his job.

Loyalty killed Clownahan, it is doing the same to Bo.

If you gave this speech to Eichorst, don't be surprised if he would have a glazed over look in his eye. We're 8-1, not 1-8......oh, and have moved up to #14 in todays coaches poll. Not exactly a someone's about to lose their job scenario.

• Fire 2

Looking at the passing stats for both teams, and even moreso looking at the flight of the ball while watching the game, the wind was a major factor. People need to simmer down a bit on TA's passing.

Brightside is that we still won comfortably even with some critical mistakes and without Ameer.

We've got a bye week to prepare for Wisky; hopefully that evens out the home field advantage of Madison. And Ameer gets a whole week or so to heal - as does the rest of the team.

I don't understand this. This team is awake. They weren't going through the motions yesterday. They are what they are. A defense team making big steps and a sloppy offensive team that's boom or bust. There's nothing to wake up. They just need to find an offensive identity and stick with it. Hard to improve when you have no direction.

These wake up calls we are talking about just don't happen with today's athlete. It is harder and harder to get them motivated to play when they believe they athletically outclass their opponent. It is about certain that you are going to play uninspired 1 or 2 times a year (up to 3 in basketball) that you shouldn't because they believe the opponent "sucks" and they aren't mentally prepared.

When you have these games and you still win by 3 TDs, you count your lucky stars. That, and you have better players than everyone. I'd be surprised to see the same mental errors against Wisconsin.

Oh, and before you lay the MSU game out there remember this: THEY OUT TALENT US at almost every one on one battle.