Keys to beating Wisconsion

I think we have to disrupt Stave. If he's able to sit and throw with no pressure, he's pretty spot on. This is aside from stopping the run game. If we win, I think we will have to score 4-5 tds. Whether thats the defense or special teams helping thats all. I see us giving up at LEAST 24-27 points. No because we're bad, but I expect their run game to set up play action a fair amount.

Control the run, they're one dimensional, our secondary and D-line will take care of the passing game, but they really don't have one. Attack their defense, but do it smartly, meaning quit going for the 40 yard completion. Find a way to get as many weapons on the field as much as you can. Stop screwing up the snap and quit being cute. Play Ameer, but be smart about it, they're going to key on him. Get Cross on the field, get Newby on the field, utilize the tightends to help open up the run game. We don't use them enough, Wisky knows this, surprise them with the snap being changed and changing up the offense. We get up two or maybe three scores early, our defense is good enough to control the game from there.

• Fire 1

How can we get Randy Gregory free when the other team is 'double teaming' him?

If something is working offensively KEEP DOING IT! I agree-don't get cute. Just play 'pound the rock' Husker football. Tire them out!

If TA isn't on his game put in another quarterback! The one thing I remember when we were losing to Michicken St was that the coaches started putting in fresh players and wow! We started scoring. We have enough personnel that we can really do some damage just by switching up our players.

Pay attention to what Wiscy is doing so we can make changes as we go along, not wait until the 4th quarter to change something if it isn't working.

This is the game I've been fearing all year. If we can beat them then I think it's going to bring even more attention to us nationally. It's going to be a dogfight to be sure!

Keys to the game-

1- Turnovers

2- Field Position

3- Control line of scrimmage

4- 3rd Down Conversions (don't get stuck with 3rd and long)

5- Beck needs to not get too cutsie and not panic if we get down a score or two.

If we win or do at least 3 of those 5 things we should be fine.

The key to beating UW offensively is pretty simple. Stop Gordon and Clement from busting long TD runs and make Stave pick up 3rd and 5+ and it is easy to disrupt the O. Now that is a task that is tough to do in reality despite the simple theory. But the key to UW this year has been the D, not the O.

The Badgers have the #1 ranked defense in the NCAA. With Warren Herring on the field this D has been taken to a different level. When he left the LSU game the D had given up 7 points on one 83 yard blown coverage. Maryland's first stringers managed to score one TD in the final 52 seconds against our 2nd and 3rd stringers. Rutgers did not score. In other words, this D is legit when healthy. The one area that can be exploited is the deep pass, as our DBs are almost always in man-to-man and we usually have at least one safety blitzing or in the box. If you can hit some long passes you can score on UW, if you can't hit a few over the top, it can be a long day for opposing offenses. The new front 7 has started to jell and the DBs have benefitted from the improved pass rush. Everyone always looks at Gordon and the lack of a passing game as the keys to matching up with Bucky but the D is the engine for this team. Getting to 24 points is something that only LSU and Illinois (and Illinois scored two garbage time TDs against our back ups after the game was 38-14) have managed to do so far this year, and both of them faced a depleted Badgers D. Neb is certainly one of, if not the, best teams we will have faced, but we have had this game circled all year as the key to the season and I would expect to get UW's A game in two weeks. Scoring may be at a premium.

• Fire 1