****** What Did We Learn - Minny Edition ******

walksalone

Husker fans will root against their own team, and players on senior day.

And those who were abandoned in a pillbox after the war is over will fabricate propaganda.
You talking about fabrication is irony. None needed, clear as day in game thread.
So the game thread is conveniently relevant when it helps your argument. Previously I thought the game thread was a stream of consciousness claptrap not to be taken seriously.

It's over.

You're maintaning Husker fans weren't rooting for is to lose? Classic.

Bo has to stay. Who are we going to get? Really? Bielema just won again and has his pigs heading in the right direction. 13 years ago, the fan base ran Bohl out of town after Colorado stuck us for 62. Gruden and Cowher would chuckle at the notion. Mogolia is 63 years old. Frost would be the same as Bo 7 years ago. A hot commodity.

I want change to, but at the coordinator level.

If Bo won't get rid of his guys, then yeah there may be a change and should be, BUT watch out what ya wish for.

Seriously? There is nothing I am more sick of hearing than the defeatist crap of "who are we going to get?" SERIOUSLY!?

Here are some reasons why this would be a very interesting job to coaches:

1 - $3million plus starting salary. More experienced guys would drive it higher. Hell, our basketball coach makes more than when we lowballed for Pelini in '07.

2 - Assistant salaries. We won't lowball the assistant pay pool (the reason why Beilima went to Arkansas)

3 - Facilities and resources. Pelini has said that everything he has asked for, he has received. Most programs do not have the deep pockets that Nebraska does.

4 - Rabid fan support. This is a big part of what drives the SEC, and a giant part of what is lacking at many B1G schools.

Any coach worth hiring views what is here as more than enough of a foundation to build a winner. No worthwhile coach looks at this and thinks "Well, he only had 7 years to win something, I can't win a conference title in 7 years with that foundation"

Don't sit here in a pity party with a hangover of the Petersen/Callahan mess and think this is as good as it gets. That mentality is the worst kind of poison. Minnesota is playing for the division next week. Minnesota. Your attitude is so bad that somehow, this is acceptable?

If Missouri can win the SEC East, if Baylor can be a top 10 team, if TCU can be a top 10 team, if Wisconsin can be win the conference repeatedly, if Michigan State can be in the top 10, THEN HOW THE HELL IS IT UNREALISTIC THAT WE DO THE SAME?! We have more advantages than any of those schools.

The losing has so damaged members of this fanbase that things that would have gotten any coach fired in the last half century are not acceptable. Pathetic.

• Fire 7

I hope we learned that we need better coordinators. Keep Bo, but if he can't see that his staff needs some fixing, he will need to go as well.

You don't keep the head guy. He ran this tanker into the reef.

Interesting analogy. I'd argue that Callahan ripped open the hull and Pelini was brought in as a great apprentice welder to repair the damage. The repair was pretty good initially, but once the repair started to leak, he seems to only be able to fallback to his original leaky design. NU probably needs someone with a different perspective to fully complete the repair job.

So Pelini ran it up on another reef. We may not be sinking, but we're not going anywhere either. (couldn't resist)

If Missouri can win the SEC East, if Baylor can be a top 10 team, if TCU can be a top 10 team, if Wisconsin can be win the conference repeatedly, if Michigan State can be in the top 10, THEN HOW THE HELL IS IT UNREALISTIC THAT WE DO THE SAME?! We have more advantages than any of those schools.

Excellent point. Head scratcher when you really think about it. Not to mention Miss. State now. And that we have lost to Minny back to back. Incredible.

Bo has to stay. Who are we going to get? Really? Bielema just won again and has his pigs heading in the right direction. 13 years ago, the fan base ran Bohl out of town after Colorado stuck us for 62. Gruden and Cowher would chuckle at the notion. Mogolia is 63 years old. Frost would be the same as Bo 7 years ago. A hot commodity.

If Bo won't get rid of his guys, then yeah there may be a change and should be, BUT watch out what ya wish for.

Sorry this excuse doesn't fly anymore. There are plenty of coaches that we can invite. We've been talking about this issue for the past month. If you go to the Rumors section at the top of the Husker Football section you will see that the discussion continues.

I would love to snatch McElwain from CO State. He was previously the OC at Alsbama. I think he would fit in at Nebradka well.

Seriously? There is nothing I am more sick of hearing than the defeatist crap of "who are we going to get?" SERIOUSLY!?

1 - $3million plus starting salary. More experienced guys would drive it higher. Hell, our basketball coach makes more than when we lowballed for Pelini in '07.

2 - Assistant salaries. We won't lowball the assistant pay pool (the reason why Beilima went to Arkansas)

3 - Facilities and resources. Pelini has said that everything he has asked for, he has received. Most programs do not have the deep pockets that Nebraska does.

4 - Rabid fan support. This is a big part of what drives the SEC, and a giant part of what is lacking at many B1G schools.

Any coach worth hiring views what is here as more than enough of a foundation to build a winner. No worthwhile coach looks at this and thinks "Well, he only had 7 years to win something, I can't win a conference title in 7 years with that foundation"

Don't sit here in a pity party with a hangover of the Petersen/Callahan mess and think this is as good as it gets. That mentality is the worst kind of poison. Minnesota is playing for the division next week. Minnesota. Your attitude is so bad that somehow, this is acceptable?

The losing has so damaged members of this fanbase that things that would have gotten any coach fired in the last half century are not acceptable. Pathetic.

I think a good coach with good coordinators can take this team and its resources and win the west next yr.... that in itself would make that coach a Nebraska football god....

Part of the problem is this mentality. Maybe we weren't looking during the facilities arm's race...everyone has great facilities today. What once was our advantage is now a much more level playing field. How can we join a new conference and suddenly know everything? People hate us because of our arrogance. It's unrealistic to think that we are going to win a championship solely based on the most recent 15 years' history. Until we can win in November - it just isn't going to happen.

Did you read the ESPN.com article parroting Griese's "new normal" comment. That is where we are.

Not something I learned during Minnesota, but something I've learned since we've been in the league; this foofoo brand of football isn't going to work in the Big Ten. It might have worked fine in the Big XII. Hell, you could easily argue we were the most physical team in the Big XII, probably still would be. But in this league we're bottom half. Even Minnesota is lining up and beating the piss out of our guys.

Hire a coach that will bring back a smashmouth power offense, and an aggressive, attacking defense. This passive, "read and react" defense, and finesse "take what the defense gives you" offense isn't going to cut the mustard.

We should be able to overpower Minnesota, instead we're trying to outsmart them. It's pitiful.

The schemes dictate the attitude and overall culture of the team. It's no wonder our guys cower and start pissing down their leg when they get punched in the mouth a couple times.

Not something I learned during Minnesota, but something I've learned since we've been in the league; this foofoo brand of football isn't going to work in the Big Ten. It might have worked fine in the Big XII. Hell, you could easily argue we were the most physical team in the Big XII, probably still would be. But in this league we're bottom half. Even Minnesota is lining up and beating the piss out of our guys.

Hire a coach that will bring back a smashmouth power offense, and an aggressive, attacking defense. This passive, "read and react" defense, and finesse "take what the defense gives you" offense isn't going to cut the mustard.

We should be able to overpower Minnesota, instead we're trying to outsmart them. It's pitiful.

The schemes dictate the attitude and overall culture of the team. It's no wonder our guys cower and start pissing down their leg when they get punched in the mouth a couple times.

This. ^^^^ (except for the part about being the most physical team in the Big XII...)

Part of the problem is this mentality. Maybe we weren't looking during the facilities arm's race...everyone has great facilities today. What once was our advantage is now a much more level playing field. How can we join a new conference and suddenly know everything? People hate us because of our arrogance. It's unrealistic to think that we are going to win a championship solely based on the most recent 15 years' history. Until we can win in November - it just isn't going to happen.

Did you read the ESPN.com article parroting Griese's "new normal" comment. That is where we are.

No, not 'everyone' has facilities today. What we have is still top 15-20. And the academic support is by any account second to none. The NY Times had an info graphic the states most passionate about college football, and Nebraska was second to only Alabama, who has two power teams.

No one 'hates' us either. It would be fantastic to be hated again. It means you are wining and beating the hell out of people. People hate Alabama and FSU. People feel sorry for Nebraska. I read the ESPN article, written by former Omaha World Herald writer Mitch Sherman, and it was clearly calling for Pelini's head. Griese is a jackass, you think he is going to accept that his Alma mater is limited to where they have been for the past 10 years? It was an asinine comment, particularly as it insinuated that Minnesota is a cut above Nebraska. All Greise's comment was is old school Michigan arrogance.

Why can't we win a conference championship? BECAUSE WE HAVE HIRED POOR COACHES nothing more, nothing less. Get past this 'battered wife syndrome' crap and demand excellence. Nebraska has always demanded excellence, and because one TV talking head says it can't be done you accept it? Go read around, most of the actual football writers believe its time for Nebraska to move on past Pelini.

Husker fans will root against their own team, and players on senior day.

And those who were abandoned in a pillbox after the war is over will fabricate propaganda.
You talking about fabrication is irony. None needed, clear as day in game thread.
So the game thread is conveniently relevant when it helps your argument. Previously I thought the game thread was a stream of consciousness claptrap not to be taken seriously.

It's over.

You're maintaning Husker fans weren't rooting for is to lose? Classic.

I'm saying I sure didn't see it leading up to the game. And I'm saying you're clinging to some non-thing as a way to defend your favorite coach in the whole widest world, and inflate your own fandom.