The Sock Puppet Rides!

I do not know whether or not Jim Tressel will be Nebraska's head coach.

What I do know is that if it is Tressel, he wouldn't be telling a douchebag like Dustin Fox prior to the official announcement.

he did play for Tressel its not impossible that they talk

But it's most likely impossible that Tressel will answer the rumors himself and not through a former players/radio hosts Twitter account.

What I do know is that if it is Tressel, he wouldn't be telling a douchebag like Dustin Fox prior to the official announcement.

But it's most likely impossible that Tressel will answer the rumors himself and not through a former players/radio hosts Twitter account.
fair enough

Its also the perfect mouth piece to attempt to squash all the "rumors"

I dont know what to believe anymore. What I do believe is SE understands the levity of this hire. I also believe we, as a fanbase understand the landscape of college football has changed and if we want to keep up we had better be willing to make big move$.

No but Tressel telling him he's not going to nebraska so he could start a controversy on Twitter? Tressel is the president of a university. And if he has been working with us he sure is hell won't shed any light the way Eichorst handles business. Leaking info could cost a coach a job offer with Eichorst. Jim didn't tell him sh#t. He's just looking for attention because he didn't get enough riding the pine at OSU

No but Tressel telling him he's not going to nebraska so he could start a controversy on Twitter? Tressel is the president of a university. And if he has been working with us he sure is hell won't shed any light the way Eichorst handles business. Leaking info could cost a coach a job offer with Eichorst. Jim didn't tell him sh#t. He's just looking for attention because he didn't get enough riding the pine at OSU

I know people want to call him out on his tweet but I highly doubt that a 3rd round draft pick in the NFL was riding any pine at Ohio State.

I dont like how Tressels name just fell off the map.

How do you mean?

Vegas odds boards, the OSU guy and now some our media guys claiming it was a rumor all along.

Yeah I just checked the book I use and Tressel isnt even an option anymore and to be honest the names they do give are disappointing:

Frost

Narduzzi

Wells

Mcilwain

Sciano

Kill

Those are the top five choices on Bovada

So much for splash

I know people want to call him out on his tweet but I highly doubt that a 3rd round draft pick in the NFL was riding any pine at Ohio State.

my best guess is that tressel made it emphatically clear long ago that he would never coach again and this guy is just taking the field on his bet.

• Fire 1

I think there are laws regarding posting of the job. Nothing can be announced until the legal time frame has expired. I think that is the way it works. Legal beagles could clarify. If so we will not hear an official word until that time frame has passed. IMHO

• Fire 1

Warrior10 - you're being a buzz kill...this is the pro Jim Tressel thread.

Hey man as I posted in here this morning my sources were sure of Tressel this morning. So I'm buzz killin myself!

The question now becomes "whose sources do you believe?" Some guy on twitter who commented randomly? Or do you believe people on a message board posting anonymously who may or may not have connections deep within the program?

Warrior, how much trust do you put in your sources?

I agree this is a buzzkill if Tressel isnt the lead candidate or turned it down. However, it could be done to pour some water on the fire until the school is ready to announce. The suspense is killing me though.

Is there anyone who lives in Youngstown on this board? If so, please drive over to Tressels house and ask.