*** The Official Iowa Hawkeye Game Discussion Thread ***

rawhide

What did the 1st quarter teach us:

Defense and Special teams came to play

TA still can't hit wide open receivers

Brown needs some work

Well said.

The bolded is still my biggest concern for today's game and the bowl game.

Thing is, Armstrong was able to last season, see the Georgia game. Hell, he was even beginning to check down and make good, consistent reads.

How and why is he regressing instead of progressing? Something tells me it's 50% coaching, and 50% him seeing the writing on the wall with the staff and it impacting his play.

He also locked onto receivers at the end of the game giving Georgia some turnovers that almost cost us the game. TA is inconsistent at best.

We only had one turnover that entire game, an INT from Tommy in the 3rd. Off of a tip, IIRC.

What did the 1st quarter teach us:

Defense and Special teams came to play

TA still can't hit wide open receivers

Brown needs some work

Well said.

The bolded is still my biggest concern for today's game and the bowl game.

Thing is, Armstrong was able to last season, see the Georgia game. Hell, he was even beginning to check down and make good, consistent reads.

How and why is he regressing instead of progressing? Something tells me it's 50% coaching, and 50% him seeing the writing on the wall with the staff and it impacting his play.

It's anybodies guess if changes are made on the staff. After seeing yet another game starting slip through our fingers I surely hope so.

used to be, we'd watch a game like this that was even early...we'd think..."oh..just a matter of time before we settle down and take over"..now it is 'oh...dang...just a matter of time before we completely fall apart". Sad, sad, sad. Never felt this defeated by a zero / zero score before.

I'd feel a lot better if we brought out ANYONE at QB for even just one series. Fyfe, Stanton, suit up Gregory. I don't care.

• Fire 1