Pelini fired

Amac3309

While I am sad for Bo, his family, along with the assistant coaches and their families...I do think this was the right decision.

I am actually shocked that Eichorst went through with it. I personally thought he would give Bo 1 or 2 more years as long as he made changes with his coordinators.

However, while Bo's wins-loss record looks like a coach you shouldn't fire...the on field product told a different story. Nebraska just hasn't played consistent good, clean, fundamental football for the last 3 year or so.

It will be interesting to see now what direction Eichorst chooses in his next hire for Nebraska. It ultimately will be the biggest, and most important hire of his entire career.

I have to admit, I am among the shocked this morning. I thought change needed to happen, but I thought the immediate change would be the OC and DC. Obviously the problem on this team, at least in terms of the big-game blow outs, has been the coaching. But, as far as I can tell, Bo ran a clean program and got kids to graduate and, as much as possible with a 150 teenagers and early 20 somethings, kept them out of trouble.

For your passion and loyalty I thank you coach. Good luck in whatever comes next in your life and career.

Hopefully we find a better fit.

"I refuse to let the program gravitate into mediocrity," Pederson said the day he announced Solich's firing. "We won't surrender the Big 12 to Oklahoma and Texas."

"Despite firing a coach with a 9-3 record that season and a 58-19 career mark, Pederson said he was not running a "win at all costs" program.

He said he did not like the direction the program was taking after going 16-12 in Solich's last 28 games.

"The byproduct of excellence in every area of your program is winning, and I don't apologize for having high expectations," Pederson said.

"This is the best job in the country, and anyone who doesn't want to win the national championship shouldn't bother applying for this job. I understand we aren't going to win the championship every year, but I believe we should be playing for or gaining on the championship on a consistent basis."

The best job in the country?? i don't think so! Has anybody stepped outside this morning? Here's hoping that history doesn't repeat itself....

Famous last words!!

Jeff Mason@JW_Mason 2m

Today a reminder of the "us versus them" mentality that's entered #Huskers program. Fans seen as a problem rather than asset. Unacceptable.

One of the many reasons a change was needed. This mentality is soaked into this program right now.

We have to find a way to wring it out. It might be difficult. There are going to be players on this team who won't let this go. Of course, I believe a ring leader of that mentality is graduating.

Thanks for your service, Bo.

They better have something in the works. I don't want a bidding war with Florida and (probably) Michigan.

Hopefully Michigan just sticks to Harbaugh and hires him quickly. Florida is rumored to want Hugh Freeze. Hopefully it's either him or another SEC coach for them to keep their bidding somewhat insular to the SEC umbrella.

My personal favorites:

1) Tressel

2) McElwain

3) Kill

Agree will all but Kill--Paul Johnson would be my #3. Kill has a hell of a thing going at Minnesota, and with his health issues, he needs a school he knows will give him leeway should he have to miss again.

Kill's built up enough cache with Minny that he could be out for a season and step back in. Important for him in his situation.