Text Received (Topic: Jim Tressel in Lincoln tonight)

If it is Tressel, that would be the big hire the fans seem to want. Frost might want to come as o/c, as Beck makes about $300 thou more a year, I read. Even if Frost doesn't make the move, he will probably get a h/c job before Tressel retires and then maybe have the experience some fans want, before getting a call from Lincoln. Either way, a win for the Cornhusker program, if this is true about Tressel.

GBR!!!

I don't understand all the questions on Tressel's character. He made some mistakes, but from the start was defending his players. Many people around the nation had the same feelings when Osborne had issues in his program with Lawrence Phillips, Peter brothers, etc. But, us, as Husker fans trusted his judgement and true character. These are Osborne's words from a couple years ago in support of Jim.

"I don't really know enough about [Ohio State's situation]," Osborne said. "I do know Jim Tressel, and I believe that Jim's an honorable person. There will be those who will criticize me for saying that, but I think I know Jim's character. What happened, I don't know a lot about the details. I certainly hope for his sake that things turn out OK, and for Ohio State."

I would support bringing Tressel here. I think he would create a buzz and bringing a big timing winning attitude. In a perfect world, he could bring in Frost as OC, but I think that is dreaming. Interested to see how it all plays out.

Ok can someone please tell me what is the Tressel/Frost connection?

Is it just a fantasy the fans have or does it stem from somewhere?

Like say Tressel is hired, what would make him choose Frost as an OC? Maybe he would choose someone from Youngstown State instead or a former player of his who now coaches high school somewhere?

I don't think there is any connection other than them maybe crossing paths when he was with the Browns - or as a coach at N. Iowa at an OSU coaching clinic or something. I'd say it's highly unlikely they know each other well. However, middle guys like Osborne who is well acquainted w/ both could kick things off. Frost's reputation isn't something any coach is going to overlook when picking an OC. I'd think no matter who we hire - unless they already have their guy - they are going to take a look at Frost because of the Nebraska connections and the possibility they could use that to grab one of the better OC's in the game today.

A plane did land in Lincoln early this morning from Ohio. It was from Cincinnati but it still could be Tressel. Im assumming he lives in Youngstown and Cincinnati is 300 miles from there. Who knows....

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=470045193&airline=UJC&flightNumber=29&departureDate=2014-11-29

Has anyone seen Solich shopping in a 7-11 on any side of Lincoln?