I think we're f*cked...

• 2 weeks later...

Callahan and cosgrove could come back and win 9 games a year in this f'ing conference. Were not gonna drop off if thats what youre afraid of. Regardless who it is.

Count I think you forgot this :sarcasm
seasons not over

Kneejerk overreactions set you up to look like a fool.

Thats all ill say.

No overreaction here, just trying to be an internet funny guy. We may or may not be done it's really hard to judge at this point, time will tell.

Glad Walks alone is calling out all the cool-aid-drinkers.

We are screwed.

I Love the Huskers I hope we win out. I doubt we will however.

We are truely F'd n not by the home coming queen but the home coming king...

• Fire 2

If SE fired Bo without having an a candidate already handpicked would be idiocy...

Which is why it probably didn't happen that way.

Can you be completely 100% sure of that?

I can't...

No worries Walks, he's probably got Charlie Weiss as a fallback hire for a million a year and a Village Inn Pie of the Month Club membership.

That made me laugh...

Maybe we can get Mangino as OC, a hefty guy at DC, and have the 3/4 ton coaching staff...

Ya and none of them would even have to get a permanent home. They could just stay at a hotel like Riley did and feast off the continental breakfast. I'd make a dream staff and put Rex Ryan as head coach, but he went all Subway Jared and gave up... Quiter

Callahan and cosgrove could come back and win 9 games a year in this f'ing conference. Were not gonna drop off if thats what youre afraid of. Regardless who it is.

Count I think you forgot this :sarcasm
seasons not over

Kneejerk overreactions set you up to look like a fool.

Thats all ill say.

No overreaction here, just trying to be an internet funny guy. We may or may not be done it's really hard to judge at this point, time will tell.
not for you. Just a reaction to bumping this thread what i say is 7 games prematurely. Thats all.

I don't think we'll win out at all.

I don't think we need to. I'm okay writing the season off.

I think we need to spend the rest of the season determining which players really want to be here, which players don't, which players are under-utilized, which players are overblown, which players can step up and break out. It might not be pretty, but if you unbunch your panties, it could be a surprisingly fun losing season.

Then we need to see how those players mesh with a couple seasons worth of new recruits. Hopefully a better recruiting class than we've had for several years. You may be surprised what a single competent quarterback can do. Or a totally fresh defensive secondary. I'd hoped we didn't need an overhaul. It's looking like we do. Eichorst is right about folks who are intelligent and objective about football, including the majority of ex-Husker's who've been weighing in.

I believe our other options were an 8th season of Bo Pelini or a handful of coaches with their own imperfect resumes.

Giving Riley a couple seasons to show what he can do with five seasons worth of low-tier recruits and a 35% attrition rate isn't kool-aid drinking. It's a beer, a cigarette and a bit of patience.

• Fire 1

I'd hoped we didn't need an overhaul. It's looking like we do.

On the administrative side, yes.

In no world does a team who has won 70% of their games over more than a half decade need an overhaul.

So yeah, let's just write off a season. Better yet, let's just write off every game during the Riley tenure.

• Fire 2

I'd hoped we didn't need an overhaul. It's looking like we do.

On the administrative side, yes.

In no world does a team who has won 70% of their games over more than a half decade need an overhaul.

So yeah, let's just write off a season. Better yet, let's just write off every game during the Riley tenure.

Go right ahead, the bandwagon will be right here to pick you back up when you're ready.

• Fire 1

I don't think we'll win out at all.

I don't think we need to. I'm okay writing the season off.

I think we need to spend the rest of the season determining which players really want to be here, which players don't, which players are under-utilized, which players are overblown, which players can step up and break out. It might not be pretty, but if you unbunch your panties, it could be a surprisingly fun losing season.

Then we need to see how those players mesh with a couple seasons worth of new recruits. Hopefully a better recruiting class than we've had for several years. You may be surprised what a single competent quarterback can do. Or a totally fresh defensive secondary. I'd hoped we didn't need an overhaul. It's looking like we do. Eichorst is right about folks who are intelligent and objective about football, including the majority of ex-Husker's who've been weighing in.

I believe our other options were an 8th season of Bo Pelini or a handful of coaches with their own imperfect resumes.

Giving Riley a couple seasons to show what he can do with five seasons worth of low-tier recruits and a 35% attrition rate isn't kool-aid drinking. It's a beer, a cigarette and a bit of patience.

If these are the options then the right call to make was to implement staffing changes. Tell Bo that the rut is unacceptable and change is being made whether that means upgrading what we have or wholesale change is up to him. I'm sure he'd choose the former. For the massive amounts we are spending on buyouts we could have made changes that would have had us at probably 11-1 this year. Ditch Ells, give Papuchis LB's/ST's, bring in a top-notch DC to run the defense. On O ditch Cotton(could always find Bo's buddy an office job), give TE's to Fisher and a GA, bring in a quality QB-coach/ co-OC. Make sure both guys can recruit.

I'd have been OK with canning Bo for a homerun hire but if our only choices were guys with "imperfect resumes" I'd have rather fixed shortcomings and seen what happened. On the chance it didn't work-out at-least hopefully there would be a better candidate for the job than what we had last year.

• Fire 1