Choose a Side, Huskerboard

Choose your Side  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets call a spade a spade, this hire SUCKS.

I hope he starts in his 60s winning. We all know those 70 somethings that turned there life/careers around in there 60s...

This tells me we dint have the applicants we wanted.

I hope this guy wins. Nothing would make me happier. I will still watch the games I will still go to games. I will still buy Husker Gear.

I think firing Bo is a mistake I think firing Solich was a mistake. However it is done. It is like the Sopranos it is over how it ended sucked but lets move on.

So to your poll it needs improvement. Just the premise the way you worded it could be better.

Are you trying to ask do you think he will win? Do we want him to win? What are you trying to ask? Was it a good hire? (Who knows who sent in an application.)

• Fire 1

You just don't fire a guaranteed 9 wins a year to hire Oregon State's coach. This seems like a hire more suited for Iowa. Eichorst acted like he had an ace up his sleeve, which is exactly what he should have had when he fired Pelini, but clearly he had nothing lined up at all.

Only way I come away impressed right now is if Frost comes as a HC in waiting.

• Fire 1

This guy is going to prove all the doubters wrong - great hire IMO. Wait until you see the staff - I am 100% confident it will be heads and shoulders above Beck/JP

Well you went WAY out on a limb with that prognostication. Better than Beck/Paps......no fricken way. :lol:

haha - yeah doesn't take much does it. i just think everyone needs to calm down and wait for the staff to come together. it's those 9 that matter most anywya

There doesn't have to be a pro-Riley or anti-Riley divide.

He's going to have the N on his shirt/hat/socks/thong/etc now and that's all that matters.

If he fills out a good staff, recruits well, wins games, etc. I'll be happy.

If he sucks, then we fire him when the time comes.

No need for us as fans to be against one another.

• Fire 3

I hope he does well, but I still think this was an awful move. The more I see, I'm convinced it is an awful move.

He has never achieved success anywhere he's ever been. Yeah, Oregon State was awful. So was Kansas State, and Snyder surpassed anything Riley can even dream of doing.

His single best record was 10-4. His teams these past few years have been absolutely awful.

He's nearing the end of his career. His old team's fans were happy to be rid of him.

Count me as a "nay" and the new Polo.

The deeper we look into this, the more this seems like a replay of a movie I've already seen.

I voted "nay," as in, he's not someone on the list of coaches I would have even remotely considered. All that said, if there was a "meh" option, I would have voted that way.

The thing I keep seeing is that he was pursued by USC to replace Pete Carroll. What's left unsaid is that this news was universally panned by USC fans and was dismissed as a cruel rumor.