Which players benefit most from the Riley hire?

Without knowing any of Riley's assistants at this time, this list is pretty limited to offensive players. But, which players will benefit most from the Mike Riley hire? Here are my initial thoughts.

1. Adam Taylor -- the key is getting him healthy. But, Mike'l Severe said that he could be the new Stephen Jackson for Riley at Nebraska.

2. Cethan Carter -- Tim Beck thought the tight end position was an afterthought. Oregon State's #1 TE has had over 30 catches a season the past 3 years. Cethan could see a lot more targets going forward, and that would be great to see.

3. Johnny Stanton -- buried in the depth chart this past season, I would assume the QB position will be open for competition. Riley supposedly recruited him hard out of high school, so this could be the QB that benefits the most. I also could see Riley bringing in a JUCO QB for some competition.

4. Kendall Bussey -- now this assumes that he stays with his commitment. But, Riley has had RB's make it to the NFL. Riley can sell him on that during the recruiting process.

Any others you guys have thoughts on?

I could see this being a boon for TA as well. Call me crazy, but I think TA has potential with the right coaching. Let's face it: He has swagger, leadership qualities, throws a nice deep ball, and isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and get plowed.

The problem is he doesn't have touch on short passes and locks in on receivers. If you can help him develop a comfort with short routes and get him to work through progressions, I think he could be an excellent game-manager QB who distributes the ball to play makers and does enough to keep the chains moving.

• Fire 1