Ed Orgeron: yet to hear from Nebraska, 'definitely interested'

Ed Orgeron 'definitely interested'

247Sports spoke to Orgeron Thursday afternoon, where the former Ole Miss head coach confirmed that he had not heard from Nebraska, but that he would definitely be interested if they called.

Orgeron has been an assistant head coach at Tennessee and USC, but has never served as a defensive coordinator at the collegiate level. Orgeron also let 247Sports know he would prefer to be defensive coordinator at Nebraska, but has not heard what Riley's preference would be, if he were interested in hiring Orgeron.

6_3281457.jpg

my reaction to this is its kinda weird..... if dude is such a player, why put this out in the press? just sit back, pop a cool one and expect the phone to ring...don't bring it out in the open...sounds like he's bagging.

Give Coach O whatever he wants. I'd give him $400-$500k a year for just a d-line coach. He's well worth it.

Kids will love this guy. And he an absolute boss on the recruiting trail. You will NEVER hear him make an excuse about how hard it is to recruit to Nebraska. Guy will just reel top talent like he has his whole career.

This guy gets it.

And honestly, we could do far worse at the DC position, if we went that route. Jimmies and Joes and all that. Sure, he's never actually been a coordinator, but that's just a technicality at this point. The guy knows what he's doing.

Not to mention, just his personality and attitude - he would be a great fit at Nebraska, in my opinion (and I think he knows that).

Do these two coaches have any past between one another? If not, we are we even considering he will be interviewed?

Same agent

Besides same agent, with Orgeron being at USC for some time and Riley being at Oregon St, they have had to game plan against each other in some capacity. Both should be well aware of what the other brings to the table.