NU never contacted Scott Frost per Oregon Head Coach

Also, just a general question...Frost is running an up-tempo pass heavy offense. It definitely is fun to watch and scores a lot of points. Wisconsin also scores a lot of points, with a run-heavy attack. NU has traditionally focused on the run. Would you prefer to model Oregon's system or Wisconsins?

I think Frost is capable of running any kind of offensive system - he's studied under the best coaches in history to learn each respective one from.

That being said, I'd love to run the offense Scott talked about when interviewed a while back, marrying Oregon spread principles with the power/option Nebraska attack that he ran.

according to the patient I just took care of. She works at the AD dept and is friends with our AD's secretary.

I asked her specifics, and before you doubt, let me just say, she's like me; she knows her sports and football. She wasn't the type to be more interested in non relevant crap. She is a Husker football fan through and through.

I asked her, "Is Scott Frost coming to NU as our new OC?"

She said, "Yes, BUT it depends on IF Frost accepts the offer tonight or early Sat. that is what i've heard from people in the AD dept. It's part of the Riley hire and will be announced Sat. so Frost can play tonight's Pac 12 Championship Game without any distraction."

I asked her IF Frost accepts, "how long will Riley be HC before handing the reigns over to Frost?"

She said, "the word is about 5 years, but I don't know if that is in stone or not."

I asked her, "how much will Frost be offered?"

She said, "something close to Beck's, maybe more."

I said, "I've heard 7 figures, is that accurate?"

She said, "yea, that certainly could be the plan."

I asked her about Orgeron and if he's been brought as a DL or DC by Riley.

She said, "I have not heard that yet, but I do know who he is and could be a possibility."

I said, "Have you met Coach Riley yet?"

She said, "Yes, he's a very nice guy and everyone was impressed."

I asked her what she thought of Bo.

She said, "He was always pleasant to me and I have no issues with him personally. I know that's not the perception of many NU fans."

That's all I got but felt it was from an accurate source. She was nice to share this with me and I promised her I wouldn't text her every day to get new info.

I guess we'll see how this plays out.

GO DUCKS!

I wouldn't tattoo "lock" on my arm over a rumor like this, but as rumors go, it's either really creative, or really close to the decision-making process.

Not to be a Debbie downer about the rumor, but the post could've been taken down due to the fact that it may be violating HIPAA....he did state that he helped a patient that worked in the Admin Dept. At Neb...should've never stated that...

Just a thought...

No worries. I was never up to begin with. It would be a very nice Christmas present, but I don't know of any really solid info that indicates it will happen.

I wouldn't tattoo "lock" on my arm over a rumor like this, but as rumors go, it's either really creative, or really close to the decision-making process.

So purely hypothetical question for ya Husker_x. It's for a buddy I know. More like a coworker I ran into...

Anyway, let's say someone was at the tattoo parlor all day getting full-back ink. In Old English letters, shoulder to shoulder was "OC Frost HC" and below that, again full-back ink, was a really sweet black ink outline of Frost's head shot. Vertically along the left side it said "Husker" and vertically on the right side "Power" (both black outline, red fill).

Would that be something you would think is reasonable over this rumor?!?!? Again just asking for a buddy. Appreciate your thoughts.

I think your friend may need to see somebody. :unsure:

Did anyone watch the end of the Oregon/Arizona game. Helfrich grabbed frost and hugged him almost like a son, they said some words, laughed and the Mike messed the back of Scott's hair. It looked like the battle was over, put the nail in the coffin, good luck tomorrow. Just a funny situation. different than any of the other hands on meetings. May be way off, but I think Scott is gone after this year. Fox heavily promoted him for the Colorado State job and the Oregon State job.

He has a lot of followers, at high levels.

Did anyone watch the end of the Oregon/Arizona game. Helfrich grabbed frost and hugged him almost like a son, they said some words, laughed and the Mike messed the back of Scott's hair. It looked like the battle was over, put the nail in the coffin, good luck tomorrow. Just a funny situation. different than any of the other hands on meetings. May be way off, but I think Scott is gone after this year. Fox heavily promoted him for the Colorado State job and the Oregon State job.

He has a lot of followers, at high levels.

I saw that. They did just win the Pac 12 title after all. First one for both.

I don't see the Riley/Frost thing working. They run vastly different systems and Riley is his own OC.

Why is everyone bringing up Riley and his offense. Did you guys listen or watch the presser? He was asked about his pro style offense and if he would implement it here. He stated that he doesn't know why they label him as a pro style guy. He said that they go from under center and out of shotgun also. They run a little of everything.

He said that they would look at personal and would adjust the offense to match them. I don't think he would have one issue with Frost coming in and running an Oregon/Nebraska of old type of offense.

Bear in mind that Scott Frost is the OC at a top four team where the HC is relatively young--just a few years older than SF himself ((I think) So if he wants to be come a successful head coach at a Power 5 school--what is his best option

1. Wait for the Oregon job to open or the HC to retire
2. Go to a smaller D1 school and work his way up

3. Join the Nebraska staff as the OC, with a huge pay raise and the chance to be the next HC, while learning from an established HC

3 makes sense to me

If Scott Frost wasn't a Nebraska guy, would he even be a candidate for either job????

Most reasonable fans would say no.

Please stop drinking the frost kool aid.

He is not coming here at all. In any capacity. Get. Over. It.

If he wasn't from nebraska would we want to snag the coordinator of the best offence in the country??? Think about that for a second bub...

The real question is, if Scott frost wasn't from nebraska, would we think we had a shot in h*ll of getting him?

• Fire 2