Johnny Stanton

If he is the best QB on the roster then by all means he needs to start. I just dont like the way he forces passes. Some of his throws go too high and the receiver has to waste a second jumping for the ball, a few fall closer to the receivers feet. Not all QB's are perfect but with him I feel like the receiver has to try extra hard at half his throws.

I will say this, his motion is light years better than Taylors. He can even launch a pretty good deep ball. He holds himself well when the play requires him to tuck it and run. I support the kid but Id like to see a big step up if he is to be the starter next year, seniority wont be the lone factor any more.

His throwing motion is better, but I'd still take Martinez as my QB ahead of Armstrong...

Athletically they are on the same level I think. Martinez is faster but Armstrong is stronger.

If he is the best QB on the roster then by all means he needs to start. I just dont like the way he forces passes. Some of his throws go too high and the receiver has to waste a second jumping for the ball, a few fall closer to the receivers feet. Not all QB's are perfect but with him I feel like the receiver has to try extra hard at half his throws.

I will say this, his motion is light years better than Taylors. He can even launch a pretty good deep ball. He holds himself well when the play requires him to tuck it and run. I support the kid but Id like to see a big step up if he is to be the starter next year, seniority wont be the lone factor any more.

I'm not debating that Tommy's got a lot of work to do. Physically I think he has all the tools you look for but mentally he's got a ways to go. He needs to calm down. His drops and his footwork are an issue sometimes. He does stare down his target pretty often. He's got to learn what a touch pass is and he needs to stop throwing the home run ball so much.

He's gonna learn to read defenses more this off season. These new coaches will benefit him big time I think.

I think Tommy would acknowledge most of those issues I listed. That's the great thing. He is his own worst critic. He does want more for himself and his team. He's a leader and I believe he's gonna continue to work hard. Mhis offense will feed off that, and that's important. I don't think anyone would question Tommy's commitment and work ethic, or his accountability.

His throwing motion is better, but I'd still take Martinez as my QB ahead of Armstrong...

Athletically they are on the same level I think. Martinez is faster but Armstrong is stronger.

And both had one same quality that most of the leaders on this team had, and that is none of them are mentally tough enough. The sad part is, is that the coaches instilled this mentality into them and now the new staff has to some how reverse it. I really think all of them will start from square one to see who really can come in and lead in all facets of the game. This didn't happen with the previous staff. That was extremely obvious with the latest audio of Bo's brain washing coaching style.

New (to me at least) rumor is that Stanton got put in the Phil Dillard Memorial Doghouse after taking it upon himself to call a pass play (or at least check into a pass from a run/pass option) on the last play of the FAU game. Supposedly after this his reps in practice declined significantly to being close to 0. Can anyone confirm or deny?

You can see in the video that Bo doesn't look happy and looks at (presumably) Stanton, throws his hands in the air, and says something while going out to shake hands.

• Fire 1

New (to me at least) rumor is that Stanton got put in the Phil Dillard Memorial Doghouse after taking it upon himself to call a pass play (or at least check into a pass from a run/pass option) on the last play of the FAU game. Supposedly after this his reps in practice declined significantly to being close to 0. Can anyone confirm or deny?

You can see in the video that Bo doesn't look happy and looks at (presumably) Stanton, throws his hands in the air, and says something while going out to shake hands.

Plausible, his reps increased after Bo was removed.

Interesting.....

As big a supporter as I am of Armstrong, I sure would have liked to see Stanton get more reps.