Steele Contacted About Returning to Huskers

Mavric

I am certainly not qualified to select coaches, but have to admit I am underwhelmed with this hire. If Coach Riley brings his whole staff, I will be very concerned.

Need quality recruiters more than anything else, talent makes coaches.

Not exclusively............once talent is fairly equal, coaching totally makes the difference.

I am certainly not qualified to select coaches, but have to admit I am underwhelmed with this hire. If Coach Riley brings his whole staff, I will be very concerned.

Bray was ranked as the 25th best recruiter in the country.

Link?

Link?

i think i saw he was just 25th best recruiter in the pac-12....

Link?

Unless he was bringing in 4 star recruits, which wasn't the case, doesn't mean much. Fishing in a pond with big fish but only catching minows isnt what we need.

Link?

Unless he was bringing in 4 star recruits, which wasn't the case, doesn't mean much. Fishing in a pond with big fish but only catching minows isnt what we need.

The problem was he was fishing in the shallow end of the pond at Oregon St. We'll see what he can do in a deeper part at Nebraska.

Link?

The problem was he was fishing in the shallow end of the pond at Oregon St. We'll see what he can do in a deeper part at Nebraska.
Problem is we have no history of that happening with him. All we can do is hope that's the case.

As a Nebraska fan, im tired of just hoping we turn the corner. Id like assistant coaches/coordinators with a track record of success on the field and recruiting trail.

The issue with the last staff was developing coaching and recruiting on the job. That needed to end with this staff.

My enthusiasm for this coaching hire depends on if established guys are hired. There's still time, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.

From Husker Mac.com

Oregon State's linebackers coach, Trent Bray, will reportedly be part of the Nebraska staff, and three-star LB recruit Tyrin Ferguson decides to follow him

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyrin-Ferguson-58545

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3389007/tyrin-ferguson

We can still bring on Steele if we wanted to...this move doesn't prevent that from happening.

Having said that, Riley seems dead set on saddling Nebraska with his former OSU buds so far. Very disappointing.,.

From Husker Mac.com

Oregon State's linebackers coach, Trent Bray, will reportedly be part of the Nebraska staff, and three-star LB recruit Tyrin Ferguson decides to follow him

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyrin-Ferguson-58545

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3389007/tyrin-ferguson

We can still bring on Steele if we wanted to...this move doesn't prevent that from happening.

Having said that, Riley seems dead set on saddling Nebraska with his former OSU buds so far. Very disappointing.,.

He said from the very beginning that he would have a mix of his current coaches and new hires. This is nothing new.