Who Starts @ I-Back Next Season?

Passing doesnt bother me. it's the situational use. Beck didnt know what he was doing. His run/pass was like 70/30, but it was when he threw and how he did that didnt just frustrate me, it would flat out piss me off. We could be a 20/80 under Riley, but if it's effective, and the qb can handle it, and the situational use of play action and different route concepts fits the overall philosophy i'm fine with it. Just win the damn game and dont look like an idiot by going away from what working week in and week out. And for the love of god, just decide what you wanna do, and be really great at it.

My comment on him throwing the ball all the time earlier was sarcastic.

I don't understand people's obsession with running the ball. As long as we are sustaining drives and scoring points I don't care if we pass 100% of the time. I just want to be able to sustain drives and limit turnovers.

• Fire 1

A thought and a few questions here...

What was the injury to Adam Taylor? Will he be fully healthy and roughly when?

Also, what are the sizes of these backs (height/weight)? Specifically Wilbon, Taylor, Bussey?

Are any of them speed burners? Who is the quickest/fastest? Newby?

I think one of the quicker guys will be groomed into a third down back role for passes out of the backfield in space.

It seems like most RBs either have it right away or they don't. While Newby and Cross have shown some flashes of being capable backs, neither to me will develop into that impact back that will fill the void AA will be leaving after graduation. My guess is that Taylor or Bussey will emerge as the go to back in 2015.

We haven't seen Cross run behind a fullback.......will we run the zone read/hail Mary offense, doubtful......don't know anything about the new guys, so if Newby runs hesitant and fumbles too much then I still have to go with the experienced guy Cross until someone proves they're better in a real game, against 300 lb BIG guys whose main talent is falling on people.

I'm also thinking maybe the BIG should drop football and go to Sumo Wrestling.

Curious who everyone thinks will be starting at IB next season? A refresher for those that don't know all of them

Imani Cross (Sr) 6'1 230 lbs

Terrell Newby (Jr) 5'10 200 lbs

Jordan Nelson (Jr) 5'7 180 lbs

Adam Taylor (Soph) 6'2 210 lbs

Mikale Wilbon (Fr) 5'8 190 lbs

Kendall Bussey (Fr) 5'8 190 lbs*

*If he stays with NU

Personally I think either Adam Taylor or Bussey will get the nod next year.

Don't know all of these backs but I would like to see Imani Cross as a fullback with a runner like Abdullah in a Power I offense.

A thought and a few questions here...

What was the injury to Adam Taylor? Will he be fully healthy and roughly when?

Also, what are the sizes of these backs (height/weight)? Specifically Wilbon, Taylor, Bussey?

Are any of them speed burners? Who is the quickest/fastest? Newby?

I think one of the quicker guys will be groomed into a third down back role for passes out of the backfield in space.

Size is covered in the OP

If you think Cross should start, you are delusional. Newby should have the upper hand and Cross should get the ball on short yardage plays, especially in the red zone.

Usually a coach plays the experienced guys until the new ones prove they're better and can handle it. I've been told that a hit by a college player is different than a little tap from a high school player and sometimes the new kids change their attitude after they've taken a real hit a few times. That's why the guys sashaying around in their high school videos sometimes look timid and hesitant on a college field. I think both Bo and Mike know this. Personally I'd be thinking of ways to use Pierson-El much more since he's fearless and runs like Johnny the Jet out there.

Anyone else notice how happy Imani was when he was interviewed on news after the team met with Riley. Like a man who was granted a reprieve. Im not a huge fan of Imani mainly b/c he runs so timid for a guy his size. Maybe it was the offense and maybe he will show more in Riley's offense. We'll see.