Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

Reports, has a single person seen these reports? Do we know they truly existed or was it just hope. And as I have heard several times.

LINK

He is not fixed, he has kept his nose clean for a year.

Glad he is gone, wish him luck, hope he has gotten his act together and plays well for the team he ends up on.

And if I remember correctly there was a kid from Missouri kicked off the team for something similar and Oklahoma was going to let him play. Most were against that. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

How do you know he is not fixed?

Sounds like there is a new Title IX compliance person for the University and it was largely that person who decided he was too much of a risk. Not sure when that person started but that may be the reason people seem to think he had done what was asked but still denied. Perhaps the new person has a different view of what happened.

Oh, no, you didnt type that!

• Fire 1

Reports, has a single person seen these reports? Do we know they truly existed or was it just hope. And as I have heard several times.

LINK

He is not fixed, he has kept his nose clean for a year.

Glad he is gone, wish him luck, hope he has gotten his act together and plays well for the team he ends up on.

And if I remember correctly there was a kid from Missouri kicked off the team for something similar and Oklahoma was going to let him play. Most were against that. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

How do you know he is not fixed?
Would also like to know. And honestly i dont see someone who flashes their schlong or gets naked for a laugh as a lifelong deviant and miscreant. I only really see them making themselves look stupid not traumatizing women, adults, b/c they got an eyeful. Was it dumb? Yes. Was it done to a kid? No. Was it similar to rape? No.

There are two questions at play here for me.

The first is his action. I think it's deplorable and he should've been cut loose from the university right away without appeal. This has been done and actions have been taken one way or the other.

This seems to be what most of the board is caught up on. I may not agree with the action that was taken here, but whatever not my say.

The second is what the university told the student. If a university representative told Avery if you do xyz you can get back in school then we need to honor that in my opinion. I may not agree with this, but it is a separate issue then 1. This is where my contention with the issue comes in. At the very least communication was not clear. However it's important to understand what was said from university reps to Avery (be it you can appeal in 1 year, be it if you do xyz you can come back, whatever).

So my stance is this:

If he was told he can appeal, I'm perfectly happy with how it played out. I love the university and the football team, but the reason I love that is that we act with integrity and respect as a uni, fan base, and football team (traditionally). I have no qualms kicking off a player for showing his junk in an uninvited way.

If an admin person told Avery if you do this you can come back and the university reversed their decision, I have issues. The uni needs to be accountable for what they say and act with decency and respect. It sounds like they didn't do great with the appeal timeline but even that's forgivable.

However, we need to get over the action he did and focus on what the uni told him as the potential issue here.

Do any of us know enough of the facts/requirements to actually pass judgement down on either Avery or the university?

Since when has that ever stopped anyone on this board from jumping to conclusions.

It sucks for Avery, but would people really be this mad if it wasnt a football player?

Seems like a crappy deal for Avery, but that is life.

I signed the petition but you are right.. we dont know both sides.

• Fire 1

Do any of us know enough of the facts/requirements to actually pass judgement down on either Avery or the university?

Since when has that ever stopped anyone on this board from jumping to conclusions.

It sucks for Avery, but would people really be this mad if it wasnt a football player?

Seems like a crappy deal for Avery, but that is life.

I signed the petition but you are right.. we dont know both sides.

What's done is done, a petition or nothing else will change that. Best of luck to Avery in the future, he will have another opportunity at a major school. Our program will move on as well.

There are two questions at play here for me.

The first is his action. I think it's deplorable and he should've been cut loose from the university right away without appeal. This has been done and actions have been taken one way or the other.

This seems to be what most of the board is caught up on. I may not agree with the action that was taken here, but whatever not my say.

The second is what the university told the student. If a university representative told Avery if you do xyz you can get back in school then we need to honor that in my opinion. I may not agree with this, but it is a separate issue then 1. This is where my contention with the issue comes in. At the very least communication was not clear. However it's important to understand what was said from university reps to Avery (be it you can appeal in 1 year, be it if you do xyz you can come back, whatever).

So my stance is this:

If he was told he can appeal, I'm perfectly happy with how it played out. I love the university and the football team, but the reason I love that is that we act with integrity and respect as a uni, fan base, and football team (traditionally). I have no qualms kicking off a player for showing his junk in an uninvited way.

If an admin person told Avery if you do this you can come back and the university reversed their decision, I have issues. The uni needs to be accountable for what they say and act with decency and respect. It sounds like they didn't do great with the appeal timeline but even that's forgivable.

However, we need to get over the action he did and focus on what the uni told him as the potential issue here.

Agree.

I have really have not heard nor seen any concrete evidence about what the university did in the handling of this, that is out of the ordinary or in any way wrong. Did one wrong act by Avery ruin his future at Nebraska? No. Two wrong acts did. To put blame on anyone but Avery himself is ludicrous. Although I do see that friendship, camaraderie, and football are the motivators to the petition, it is probably a lost cause and may only bring further bad press to Moss. I doubt that if this was a non-athlete, there would even be any defending of his actions. The petition is trying to get a student/athlete back to a university and team that he completely neglected when he committed these acts. He still can go to college and he still can play football, just not at Nebraska. His life is not over. Hopefully he learns from this.

NO ONE KNOWS, THAT IS THE POINT. WOULD I TRUST THE SCHLONG SLINGER OR THE UNIVERSITY. TOUGH QUESTION I GUESS FOR SOME ON HERE!

And your love for this kid has nothing to do with him being fixed, hey that might solve the problem. Your only concern is a body to fill a missing slot.

The kid at Mizzou had a history and I thought it involved something similar. If not I apologize.

If someone can provide a document that states if Mr. Moss does this and that, he will be readmitted, then you have something to complain about. No one has provided that document, not anyone here or the one dealing with the situation. He has grown past this, let it go.

Oh and you do not know he is fixed. Double offender, did not follow directions regarding being on campus, that is three strikes isn't it. That would indicate he is not fixed to most that look at it. Obviously it did to the University.

I am sure Winston is fixed now that they are not dealing with it any longer.

Some of the jock huggers are enough to make you sick. He was wrong, the university said he was wrong, he is gone. End of story.

Rules, regulations, authority, when you don't abide by those things, they have a name for it. Criminal

Unless he worked a deal with the DA, he is going to be subject to the Megan law correct. That will follow him the rest of his life.

NO ONE KNOWS, THAT IS THE POINT. WOULD I TRUST THE SCHLONG SLINGER OR THE UNIVERSITY. TOUGH QUESTION I GUESS FOR SOME ON HERE!

And your love for this kid has nothing to do with him being fixed, hey that might solve the problem. Your only concern is a body to fill a missing slot.

The kid at Mizzou had a history and I thought it involved something similar. If not I apologize.

If someone can provide a document that states if Mr. Moss does this and that, he will be readmitted, then you have something to complain about. No one has provided that document, not anyone here or the one dealing with the situation. He has grown past this, let it go.

Oh and you do not know he is fixed. Double offender, did not follow directions regarding being on campus, that is three strikes isn't it. That would indicate he is not fixed to most that look at it. Obviously it did to the University.

I am sure Winston is fixed now that they are not dealing with it any longer.

Some of the jock huggers are enough to make you sick. He was wrong, the university said he was wrong, he is gone. End of story.

Rules, regulations, authority, when you don't abide by those things, they have a name for it. Criminal

Unless he worked a deal with the DA, he is going to be subject to the Megan law correct. That will follow him the rest of his life.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!... I dont believe he slung his shlong.. he just showed it.

Here's something I just ran across. UNL is under investigation for a Title IX violation.

From an October Daily Nebraskan article:

Federal officials are investigating the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for not adequately responding to sexual assault claims, the Daily Nebraskan has learned.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/briefs/unl-under-investigation-for-potential-title-ix-violation/article_5e03bd9c-4b4f-11e4-b4a2-0017a43b2370.html