Bo has a new job

It's possible to be complimentary of Jim Tressel and his new employer without talking bad about Eichorst, Perlman, and Nebraska. Bo chose to not go down that path.

So are you saying it was NOT a slight swipe at the Nebraska administration?

Cuz that's what I thought too, until I heard his whole comment. Now it's obvious it was. He's been a head coach at one place. And the part about "having a president who knows football and WILL SUPPORT ME is something i havent had before....". C'mon. Without the support part, and just the know football part, yeah, you could come to the conclusion I originally came to.

I'm saying that Bo could have taken the high road but chose not too. There was no reason for him to take a swipe at NU during his first speech at YSU.

Cool. Got it. :thumbs

I just now had to re read your comment like 6 times over to get that context. *bangs head on desk*

That's where Im at too. He went out of his was to make the "support" comment.

It's possible to be complimentary of Jim Tressel and his new employer without talking bad about Eichorst, Perlman, and Nebraska. Bo chose to not go down that path.

Cuz that's what I thought too, until I heard his whole comment. Now it's obvious it was. He's been a head coach at one place. And the part about "having a president who knows football and WILL SUPPORT ME is something i havent had before....". C'mon. Without the support part, and just the know football part, yeah, you could come to the conclusion I originally came to.

I'm saying that Bo could have taken the high road but chose not too. There was no reason for him to take a swipe at NU during his first speech at YSU.

The school just canned him for winning over 70% of his games and replaced him with a guy that essentially has a .500 career record. He has plenty of reasons to take a swipe at NU. whether or not its smart of him to do for future employment reasons is a different question, but it is not like Bo was out of line.

Yes he was. If people can't wrap their heads around why he was a failure at Nebraska at this point they never will I guess.
  • Fire 2

The school just canned him for winning over 70% of his games and replaced him with a guy that essentially has a .500 career record. He has plenty of reasons to take a swipe at NU. whether or not its smart of him to do for future employment reasons is a different question, but it is not like Bo was out of line.

Yes he was. If people can't wrap their heads around why he was a failure at. Nebraska at this point they never will I guess.

I agree with Polo. It's not solely about the winning percentage.

haha. you guys have thin skin. This was a soft, borderline jab. I actually read it more of just appeasing to his new boss. He was out of line for barely jobbing a school and president that just fired him? People are soft around here.

I'm not soft. It doesn't hurt me at all. He's just proving why firing him was the right action, at this point. He's a petty, petty man so stuck on this us versus them mentality he created himself, that he can't get out of his own way and win big. It doesn't hurt my feelings to see him say this, it just makes me happy that he is no longer the coach at Nebraska.

• Fire 3

Yes he was. If people can't wrap their heads around why he was a failure at. Nebraska at this point they never will I guess.

haha. you guys have thin skin. This was a soft, borderline jab. I actually read it more of just appeasing to his new boss. He was out of line for barely jobbing a school and president that just fired him? People are soft around here.

If by "fired" you mean "continues to pay him three million dollars a year for not working," then yes, he was fired. I feel really bad for him.

It doesn't offend me, the petty one is the Head Penguin.

Unless you win them all or lose most of them. Then it is. All the off the field stuff matters when you're not performing up to expectations. And Bo wasn't. But let's not pretend that we'd fire him if he went 12-2 and won the Big Ten this year.

I'm not soft. It doesn't hurt me at all. He's just proving why firing him was the right action, at this point. He's a petty, petty man so stuck on this us versus them mentality he crated himself, that he can't get out of his own way and win big. It doesn't hurt my feelings to see him say this, it just makes me happy that he is no longer the coach at Nebraska.

The classy thing to do would be to thank Nebraska for giving him a chance to be head coach. That was a childish comment.

• Fire 1

Looking at the past decade, Oregon State effectively tied for 4th in terms of conference finishes with Arizona State and UCLA (behind Oregon, USC, and Stanford (in that order)). Considering their recruiting classes were generally ranked 9th in the conference, that's called punching above your weight class. When you don't have as much talent as the other teams, it also means injuries will hurt you worse, too. A bad season here and there may have come down to the wrong guys being out. All this talk is pretty worthless, though. I'm hoping the first game is a big eye-opener for people. We've got a long time to wait considering the kids haven't even played in the bowl nobody's talking about...

I see it this way. Bo is a great 9 win maybe 10 coach. Let me finish, he is not a championship coach, he is not a coach the can leverage the Husker brand to use the talent to be an 11 or 12 win championship coach. He is a coach who is lucky to finish in the top 20 and in my mind a Good football coach + the Husker name = a championship caliber team. The last few years have not been championship caliber, I can not yet believe that this is due to the Husker Brand.

Unless you win them all or lose most of them. Then it is. All the off the field stuff matters when you're not performing up to expectations. And Bo wasn't. But let's not pretend that we'd fire him if he went 12-2 and won the Big Ten this year.

I agree. That's my point. It wasn't about the winning percentage. It was about not winning anything important in addition to his other shortcomings.

I agree. That's my point. It wasn't about the winning percentage. It was about not winning anything important in addition to his other shortcomings.

Got it. Excuse the fact that I didn't read most of the latest additions to the thread.

• Fire 1