SIGNED - OG Jalin Barnett

Mavric

Free story on Rivals about his recruitment. https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1725263

"I think the biggest deal was that Coach Riley and Coach Cav were the first school to offer him," Breeze said. "Oregon State was his first offer and they just stayed on him this whole time. They recruited him since he was a sophomore. I want to say they offered him the spring of his sophomore year."

Free story on Rivals about his recruitment. https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1725263

"I think the biggest deal was that Coach Riley and Coach Cav were the first school to offer him," Breeze said. "Oregon State was his first offer and they just stayed on him this whole time. They recruited him since he was a sophomore. I want to say they offered him the spring of his sophomore year."

Thanks, Q. I skimmed that article, but hadn't seen that.

My god. Look at that offer list. And Riley marches in and lands this guy after offering just one month ago? What the hell. I am mesmerized.

No, they've been talking with him for over two years. The move to nebraska helped, as he wanted to be close to home, and his grandma.

thanks. I just read the story. It really all makes sense now.

Thanks, Q. I skimmed that article, but hadn't seen that.

Looks like an example of how the "N" on the polo shirt will enhance the tools that Riley has to play with.

And Nebraska has a strong presence at Lawton due to Shields and Minter.

Do you think "Nebraska" has a strong presence at that school considering Minter was last there over 20 years ago? I know it's good to have history, but I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Either way, it's great to have this kid N.

Not ADS but Lawton's head coach holds Nebraska in an extremely high regard. I read that that his staff implemented Nebraska's offense when Shields was at Lawton by the time he got to Lincoln, he knew Nebraska's scheme very well.