SIGNED - OG Jalin Barnett

Mavric

Lucky was the highest rated player to ever sign with us. #2 RB, #2 for state of CA and #13 overall in the country.

If I remember right Baker was ranked higher than that. I want to say Baker was a top 5 overall talent but that was as a tackle not T.

According to Rivals, Steinkuhler was #2 overall OT. #8 player overall and #1 player in the state.

Didn't realize he was THAT highly ranked. Man wish he woulda played OT

Lucky was the highest rated player to ever sign with us. #2 RB, #2 for state of CA and #13 overall in the country.

If I remember right Baker was ranked higher than that. I want to say Baker was a top 5 overall talent but that was as a tackle not T.

According to Rivals, Steinkuhler was #2 overall OT. #8 player overall and #1 player in the state.

He was rated above AJ Green, Matt Kalil, Blaine Gabbert, Tyron Smith, Kyle Rudolph, and Michael Floyd.

The saying that always comes to mind for me when I think of Baker's career is "All-conference DT, All-American OT." I think his potential was that good at OL. But, A) It was his choice and B) Barney Cotton was our OL coach dedhoarse

• Fire 1

FWIW finished 218 overall and 10 OG in the final 247 rankings, a drop of 150 spots seems pretty massive!

Drop (as discussed earlier) due to a lackluster performance in drills where the OL is set up to fail. Played well in the actual game, but so goes the recruiting services. Top 250 players should never be complained about, regardless.

FWIW finished 218 overall and 10 OG in the final 247 rankings, a drop of 150 spots seems pretty massive!

Drop (as discussed earlier) due to a lackluster performance in drills where the OL is set up to fail. Played well in the actual game, but so goes the recruiting services. Top 250 players should never be complained about, regardless.
Not that I disagree with your assessment but if we are smart enough to understand the drills are set up for the OL to fail, wouldn't the recruiting services know that too?

Not that I disagree with your assessment but if we are smart enough to understand the drills are set up for the OL to fail, wouldn't the recruiting services know that too?
Apparently not. The recruiting services are pretty poor imo for as much money as there is in recruiting these days. I consider them similar to weathermen(women), as only people who can keep a job with how often they are wrong.

Maybe. Also, factor in the fact he committed here. Very serious too.

Dropped out of the Rivals 250.

I really doubt the drop is only because of the all-star game. I have no idea how he looked in drills but he didn't show anything during the game. My guess is the recruiting services saw the same things that Oklahoma and Arkansas saw. I'm sticking with he just didn't develop the talent and size that he has. He's worth a shot because if he can be developed he can be very good. But he didn't continue to dominate like many thought he would.