OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

You guys are pu&&y. I like Bo even more.

Look at almost any thread, and if you think you "fans" are not more negative and childish the Bo, your delusional. SE sounds like a complete loser.

Bring it.

I agree about liking Bo more from this, I know that's not popular...and I am glad he's gone, but still nice to see someone who doesn't just do the "company" good-bye and act like everything was fine. Why do we have to be so "PC" all the time, it's like everyone freaks out when someone speaks their mind. If he was working at McDonalds and left that job with a rant like this, we would all say "good job" but when it's a university position and comes with a million dollar salary everyone thinks he has to act a certain way...I like his passion.

Yea he's a super tough guy for speaking his mind behind closed doors and not speaking publicly about how wronged he was.

That's just it, he would never do that, he only spoke his mind when he thought he was in a safe environment around his players...not really fair when he didn't know this would be recorded and released...he actually did act mostly professional by not airing these grievances publicly.

I was happy when they fired Bo but not because of his on/off field antics but just that we couldn't get over the hump and were not improving. However, when I read what he said to the players I don't fault him one bit and it actually endears me to him. For those who say he should have been more professional or that his salary dictates a more professional response, I couldn't agree less. I worked for a NBA team for over 18 years and the sh%$ that happens in these environments is absolutely crazy. If I had a boss that never showed his face and acted more like a lawyer than an AD, I would be pissed off too. I love how much passion Bo had for the game and his players and his rants just proved that to me.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Look at almost any thread, and if you think you "fans" are not more negative and childish the Bo, your delusional. SE sounds like a complete loser.

Bring it.

I agree about liking Bo more from this, I know that's not popular...and I am glad he's gone, but still nice to see someone who doesn't just do the "company" good-bye and act like everything was fine. Why do we have to be so "PC" all the time, it's like everyone freaks out when someone speaks their mind. If he was working at McDonalds and left that job with a rant like this, we would all say "good job" but when it's a university position and comes with a million dollar salary everyone thinks he has to act a certain way...I like his passion.

Yea he's a super tough guy for speaking his mind behind closed doors and not speaking publicly about how wronged he was.

That's just it, he would never do that, he only spoke his mind when he thought he was in a safe environment around his players...not really fair when he didn't know this would be recorded and released...he actually did act mostly professional by not airing these grievances publicly.

Yes, the very definition of professionalism is to call your former boss a c**t and p***y to players who are currently still playing for said university.

this hurts the program.

I agree, and that is why I'm surprised it came out. When the first tape was released, you can understand why. Releasing this tape and this time is confusing. It does nothing but hurt the University. This exposure certainly can't help Riley's recruiting efforts. The team doesn't need this 10 days before playing in their bowl game. Even if YSU was to back out of their HC choice, it would only hurt UNL even more financially.
How does this hurt the University? I get that it is bad publicity and makes things seem like a total clusterf#@k around the program but, this is about the total and complete classlessness of one man, Bo Pelini, not the University. Anybody that puts any stock in what Bo Pelini says at this point in time is not a smart person. His comments about SE should be given the same weight as his comments about everything else and that means anything he says is basically worthless and likely wrong.

Seems to me that this recording supports the justification for firing a 9-win coach. I mean, wouldn't anyone around the nation listen to his remarks to the team and say, "Yeah, I guess Pelini really was a douchebag after all. Nebraska did well to get rid of the guy."

Agree this supports the idea of firing a nine win coach. But, honest question, when has Bo ever lied? Is there really a reason not give his words weight? Just because he is constantly pissed off person, does not mean his words are untrue, necessarily.

It's not necessarily a question of him lying but more how he seems to be totally incapable of perceiving how things really are. His perception of everything else seems to be clouded and just plain wrong, so why should anyone believe a word he has to say about Eichorst. It's like getting stock advice from the bum who lives under the bridge.

I guess that is my question. Name one thing he has said that is wrong. Nobody can prove anything he said is wrong. You may not agree, but its not "wrong".

So his words are automatically correct?

B* P***** was never one for the big picture, so it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't understand that you can show support in more ways than one. A square peg doesn't have to be jammed into a triangle hole. And it's easy to spin realities based on what you perceive.

Where did I mention his words are automatically correct? Funny you mention spinning realities....

So if his words are not wrong, because "when has Bo Pelini ever been wrong", what are they?

And all of you would crumble in one week under the pressure he had, but as we all know you guys all run multi million dollar companies with 120 lives in your hands everyday, so it's cool I get it.

How many other coaches react like this? And, he's the one that wanted the job, so, yeah, he gets to deal with the pressure.

Stop defending his absolutely unprofessional and embarrassing behavior.

• Fire 3

Bring it.

How big of him to only speak I'll of people behind their backs?

And all of you would crumble in one week under the pressure he had, but as we all know you guys all run multi million dollar companies with 120 lives in your hands everyday, so it's cool I get it.

Yes, it took 4 years for the great, unflappable B* to crumble under such expectations in such a hard place to win with such incompetence in the front office. Yes, all of us are mere peons to the mighty B*.

Seriously? Is this for real? Is this an actual defense?