OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

So the university has released a statement without any sort of tape being made public. I feel like I am watching two 12 year olds fight on the internet.

I never thought I would see this kind of lame drama at Nebraska. Seriously. This is becoming a joke.

The transcript has been made public and of course they've heard it. There was nothing wrong with what they said and that's going to be the end of it.

Gosh the more I read the comments and think about all this...it's all good. I mean talk about rallying our fan base Bo. A lot of the people that didn't want you fired are realizing a big part of why you were fired and are now okay with it. Also mentioned above, it's good for the nation to see this...although most felt Pelini should go just because his 9 wins shouldn't be good enough for an elite program.

• Fire 1

Per Sam McKewon, this is not accurate. The Deadspin transcript said one thing, the OWH transcript said another. Given that the OWH actually had a tape, listened to it, and are making this point, I would go with them.

About a week ago, about 10 days ago, I said, I went to a couple of the members of the board, who — and I don't even really know what those guys do — and I said "Hey, you know what, if this guy ain't gonna do his job, and if he doesn't have the balls to go out there and support me, support these kids, support this program, then do me a favor and get rid of me.

Knowing Bo's friendship with a big group of those BoR members, they were never going to be in on any attempt to fire him. After how the Regent members acted post-Iowa last year to protect Bo's job, Bo knew he had certain members in his corner completely. It's one of the major reasons Eichorst completely cut them out of any information related to Bo's firing.

To me, and I should clarify this as JMO, it is a situation where Bo made it 'either him or me'. It would not be the first time Bo has went to Regent members trying to help himself.

• Fire 1

So the university has released a statement without any sort of tape being made public. I feel like I am watching two 12 year olds fight on the internet.

I never thought I would see this kind of lame drama at Nebraska. Seriously. This is becoming a joke.

The transcript has been made public and of course they've heard it. There was nothing wrong with what they said and that's going to be the end of it.

They read a transcript and that's exactly what they state. This whole thing is ridiculous and the sad thing is it does actually seem as there is some incompetency at the top. Again I never thought I would see this kind of drama here. Enough of the soap opera.

I was happy when they fired Bo but not because of his on/off field antics but just that we couldn't get over the hump and were not improving. However, when I read what he said to the players I don't fault him one bit and it actually endears me to him. For those who say he should have been more professional or that his salary dictates a more professional response, I couldn't agree less. I worked for a NBA team for over 18 years and the sh%$ that happens in these environments is absolutely crazy. If I had a boss that never showed his face and acted more like a lawyer than an AD, I would be pissed off too. I love how much passion Bo had for the game and his players and his rants just proved that to me.

• Fire 1

this hurts the program.

I agree, and that is why I'm surprised it came out. When the first tape was released, you can understand why. Releasing this tape and this time is confusing. It does nothing but hurt the University. This exposure certainly can't help Riley's recruiting efforts. The team doesn't need this 10 days before playing in their bowl game. Even if YSU was to back out of their HC choice, it would only hurt UNL even more financially.

How does this hurt the University? I get that it is bad publicity and makes things seem like a total clusterf#@k around the program but, this is about the total and complete classlessness of one man, Bo Pelini, not the University. Anybody that puts any stock in what Bo Pelini says at this point in time is not a smart person. His comments about SE should be given the same weight as his comments about everything else and that means anything he says is basically worthless and likely wrong.

Seems to me that this recording supports the justification for firing a 9-win coach. I mean, wouldn't anyone around the nation listen to his remarks to the team and say, "Yeah, I guess Pelini really was a douchebag after all. Nebraska did well to get rid of the guy."

Agree this supports the idea of firing a nine win coach. But, honest question, when has Bo ever lied? Is there really a reason not give his words weight? Just because he is constantly pissed off person, does not mean his words are untrue, necessarily.

Bo is delusional, different than lying. He perceives a reality that only exists in his own mind. He doesn't believe he is lying because of this. he makes his own truth

• Fire 3