OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

And the tweets by the players and the former players of Bo only confirm how bad this was getting. He was basically manipulating them. I'm all for the players loving and defending their coach, but this was getting ridiculous, he was turning everyone else into their enemy in their mind.

i agree with this and you said it well. it was becoming akin to stockholm syndrome.

Especially when I read Scott Shanle saying he could see the "Us versus them" bullcrap being created.

Shanle's on a roll today.

Lol the man is gone and guys on this message board think trying to convince people online that Bo is a psychopath will somehow mean something.

bo is not gone. his effect continues. this hurts the program.

and bo has provided ample evidence with his behavior. you do not have to believe it, but i do not know how you could not.

and people still talk about nixon.

The point is the mans been fired, the crusade is over. I dont like how he threw a toxic bombshell onto the team before exiting but Im not terribly offended surprised or thrilled about it either way. The relationship between he and players was a firm one, their attitude about his firing wasnt going to be swayed much had he not said these things.

Its for the better he has been let go, but he isnt a lunatic or a psychopath. He is a stubborn and bull headed human being whose heart is bigger than his brain at times.

Great post.

Other than the innappropriate language nothing he said draws my ire. In fact, sounds like he cares about the guys a lot. I think he perceived more ill will from fans and staff than was really there. Ill forgive the guy for that. I dont know about SE's character in terms of helping others vs. helping self. Bo seems pretty selfless to me.

• Fire 3

Other than the innappropriate language nothing he said draws my ire. In fact, sounds like he cares about the guys a lot. I think he perceived more ill will from fans and staff than was really there. Ill forgive the guy for that. I dont know about SE's character in terms of helping others vs. helping self. Bo seems pretty selfless to me.

I almost gave you a +1 for being hilarious.

• Fire 2

photo-thumb-11267.jpgWhere did this transcript come from? An athlete? Just curious.

Because the guy sporting the Scott Frost avatar wants to verify it's not just a rumor.

/ juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding around, man. LULZ :lol:

might care about the guys but says things very damaging about the university and basically tells players to think about transferring because it is a toxic place.

might care about the guys but says things very damaging about the university and basically tells players to think about transferring because it is a toxic place.

agree, he f'd with these kid's heads.......that sucks!

I don't think he is "telling the guys to transfer". Before this came out today, I was exchanging e-mails about the possible recording with a friend. I said "Bo probably told them, 'It's up to you guys if you want to stay. You have to do what's best for you and your situation." That's what Bo is saying in this talk to the players.

this hurts the program.

I agree, and that is why I'm surprised it came out. When the first tape was released, you can understand why. Releasing this tape and this time is confusing. It does nothing but hurt the University. This exposure certainly can't help Riley's recruiting efforts. The team doesn't need this 10 days before playing in their bowl game. Even if YSU was to back out of their HC choice, it would only hurt UNL even more financially.

i am more surprised a grown man would say those statements to young men who saw him as a leader and mentor.

riley will be fine. he has class. something that deserves our respect. not paranoia and constant indignation.

Lol the man is gone and guys on this message board think trying to convince people online that Bo is a psychopath will somehow mean something.

bo is not gone. his effect continues. this hurts the program.

and bo has provided ample evidence with his behavior. you do not have to believe it, but i do not know how you could not.

and people still talk about nixon.

The point is the mans been fired, the crusade is over. I dont like how he threw a toxic bombshell onto the team before exiting but Im not terribly offended surprised or thrilled about it either way. The relationship between he and players was a firm one, their attitude about his firing wasnt going to be swayed much had he not said these things.

Its for the better he has been let go, but he isnt a lunatic or a psychopath. He is a stubborn and bull headed human being whose heart is bigger than his brain at times.

someone should tell bo that.

I agree with you. I'm just pointing out what Bo said himself - even if you don't like one of your coaches, I think it's still an AD's job to communicate and not intentionally distance themselves. I've heard reports that Riley stayed at Eichorst's house even recently, perhaps when he came to meet with the players? I didn't expect Pelini and SE to bunk over, but, It's tough to do a good job when your boss isn't supporting you or trying to have honest discussions with you.

I'm all for differing personalities and management styles. If Pelini had won more here, his attitude and sideline behavior wouldn't have been an issue. Because he never won much of substance, it became an issue.

Still disappointed Bo went the direction he went with this. I think political correctness and saying the right things all the time can sometimes go too far, but, Pelini still has to be better than what he may have been in this last meeting with the players. First the audio tape and now this. Not wise from someone who wants to head a football program, even if he felt disrespected.

Let's think about the source for the idea that Eichorst and Eichorst alone is to blame. These are Bo's words, and what do we know of Bo?

That he went on an expletive-filled tirade after one of the most amazing comeback victories anyone has ever seen.

That he has been openly antagonistic with the media, often (but not always) unnecessarily.

That he has been too stubbornly belligerent to modify his schemes, so much so that Wisconsin utterly destroyed his defense, twice, with entirely different personnel on said defenses.

That he challenged his employer to fire him after a debacle of a loss, the umpteenth of his career, in front of a roomful of reporters.

That he again has gone on an expletive-filled tirade in which he blamed everyone but himself for the failures of his era, and that he did so to these players, overtly telling them that they could not trust the administration of the university, and that their future here was in doubt.

That's the source for the idea that Eichorst was in the wrong. The man who has been tilting at windmills for years.

That is not a credible source.

• Fire 5

I don't think he is "telling the guys to transfer". Before this came out today, I was exchanging e-mails about the possible recording with a friend. I said "Bo probably told them, 'It's up to you guys if you want to stay. You have to do what's best for you and your situation." That's what Bo is saying in this talk to the players.

He spends 5 minutes talking about how he thought this place would give him a heart attack and how the administration is a joke.. He almost resigned but he stayed for his players because he thought they needed him.

Then he goes on to tell them to think it through and do what is best for you.

IF you just had a guy many consider a father figure tell you the place almost gave him a heart attack and the administration was effed... and then he tells you to think it through on what you want to do.. wouldnt you be concerned?

photo-thumb-11267.jpgWhere did this transcript come from? An athlete? Just curious.

Because the guy sporting the Scott Frost avatar wants to verify it's not just a rumor.

/ juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding around, man. LULZ :lol:

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha jokes on me hahahahahahaha

But seriously. It would have to come from a player, right? I mean who else was at this meeting?