Offensive Coordinator and other coaching vacancies

Didn't say Fisher's resume was as good as Johnson's. Just wondering why there isn't any questions about these coaches? I don't remember a lot of love for Warren when he was hired last year. You guys are the experts is every hire Riley has made a home run?

You seem either surprised or disappointed that people are optimistic about the new staff. After the last 7 years I think some blind optimism is warranted around here. But here's the thing, what I have read so far isn't even blind optimism. People are discussing resumes and coaching history and you seem to be asking for people to complain about it. You will see plenty of complaining once we see some practicing and spring ball and our first loss. Right now can't we be happy?

• Fire 2

Didn't say he would be a bad hire. If you saw my earlier post I was sticking up for Fisher. I just think it's funny how all the people that bitched about pretty much every person the Pelini hired are now pumping sunshine up each others butts. I really hope these new coaches all pan out but I've yet to see a hire that blows me away.

i did not insinuate any negative about it. Sorry if it seemed so. I was just stating a matter of fact.

Didn't say Fisher's resume was as good as Johnson's. Just wondering why there isn't any questions about these coaches? I don't remember a lot of love for Warren when he was hired last year. You guys are the experts is every hire Riley has made a home run?

No one has said these hires are home runs, that is yet to be seen. What is undeniably different however, is the overall experience of the staff being brought in. Compare that to the previous staff with much less experience in this type of job environment. Keep in mind that this was also Bo's first HC job. There were some coaches doing a pretty good job IMO; Kaz, Fisher, Warren, and Garrison all seemed to recruit well at least. On Bo's staff he had 2 coaches acting as coordinators for the first time. He had a first time GA developing his QB's. Kaz, Barney, and Beck were the only ones besides Bo with power 5 experience.

I don't remember people being over the moon about Warren, but the vibe was positive when he was first hired. I also distinctly remember how quickly his recruiting impact made a positive impression on the fanbase.

Homerun hires? Maybe not. But guys who are actually qualified/proven for the job experience wise? Yes.

Bruce Read: 29 total years.

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

11 years at Power5 school.

Mark Banker: 33 total years

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

Trent Bray: 7 total years

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

Mike Cavanaugh: 26 total years

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

• Fire 1

So Riley is just going to hire a bunch of his buddy's? Where is all the bitching and moaning?

QB coach in the NFL kind of makes the bitching (like yours) seem silly yes?

Didn't Callahan have a "NFL" QB coach too??

Yeah Jay Norvell, great coach actually

Last I heard Jay was in OU, do you know if that is still the case?

Yes.

So Riley is just going to hire a bunch of his buddy's? Where is all the bitching and moaning?

Yes.

By yes he means he knows but he's not telling.

Co OC and WR coach

I just think it's funny that a lot of the same people that thought Fisher, Kaz and Warren were bad hires now have no problem with Riley bringing in a highschool wide receivers coach and a assistant strength coach.

There isn't a valid comparison here. Mike Johnson's resume:

WRs coach: 1997-98 Oregon State

QBs coach: 1999 Oregon State

QBs coach: 2000-01 San Diego Chargers

WRs coach: 2002 Atlanta Falcons

QBs coach: 2003-05 Atlanta Falcons (including 2-game stint as interim OC)

WRs coach: 2006-07 Baltimore Ravens

QBs coach: 2009-10 San Francisco 49ers

Offensive Coordinator: 2010 San Francisco 49ers

Offensive Coordinator: 2011 UCLA Bruins (also interim Head Coach)

Fisher, apart from being a GA for 4 seasons and HS head coach, was an assistant at Idaho for 5 seasons (2 at WRs, 3 at LBs).

So there's nothing really funny about people who didn't like the Fisher hire having no problems with Mike Johnson; it makes sense.

• Fire 2

Dan Langsdorf name is mention as the OC

1996 California Lutheran GA
1997–1998 Oregon State GA
1999 Edmonton Eskimos
2000–2001 Edmonton Eskimos
2002 New Orleans Saints OA/QC
2003–2004 New Orleans Saints (asst. WR/ST)
2005–2013 Oregon State OC/QB
2014-present New york Giants QB

With the names begin put up Dan Langsdorf and Mike Johnson no running back or TE coaching experience