Offensive Coordinator and other coaching vacancies

Homerun hires? Maybe not. But guys who are actually qualified/proven for the job experience wise? Yes.

Bruce Read: 29 total years.

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

11 years at Power5 school.

Mark Banker: 33 total years

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

Trent Bray: 7 total years

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

Mike Cavanaugh: 26 total years

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

Well hell, I'll plus 1 this and repost it all freaking day long.

Homerun hires? Maybe not. But guys who are actually qualified/proven for the job experience wise? Yes.

Bruce Read: 29 total years.

12 years at non-power5

6 years NFL

11 years at Power5 school.

Mark Banker: 33 total years

16 years at non-power5

15 years at Power5

2 years NFL

Trent Bray: 7 total years

6 years at power5

1 year at non-power5

Mike Cavanaugh: 26 total years

10 at power5

14 at non-power5

2 in NFL.

Well hell, I'll plus 1 this and repost it all freaking day long.

With the guys on board plus the two being mention for the O side Dan Langsdorf and Mike Johnson we would have a good mix of young and old

So then with all of these coaches with and their vast experience we should be able to win 11 games next year right? You know since the old staff sucked and could only win 9 or 10. Should be pretty easy to do with our easy schedule. Right?

Why?

Any other team in the history of football could expect some struggles when there is a coaching change. An entire change in scheme, players, philosophy.......everything.

But we Nebraska fans expect 11 wins from the new guy in his first year? Stupidity.

We didn't DEMAND 11 wins from the guy we just fired but boy oh boy.....the new guy better do it in his FIRST YEAR.

So sick of this ridiculous garbage.

You know what will crack me up? Is watching the Bo-Bo's suddenly latch onto Rleys teet like some sort of lost BABAY looking for a meal when this guy starts winning games and suddenly you all have to realize your Mama Bo is really gone.

• Fire 1

So then with all of these coaches with and their vast experience we should be able to win 11 games next year right? You know since the old staff sucked and could only win 9 or 10. Should be pretty easy to do with our easy schedule. Right?

How could anyone possibly know how the transition will go? We don't even know, for sure, who will be starting next season at most of the positions, including QB.

If we were coming off a 2012-type season (lots of crazy comebacks) or a 2013-type season (five wins by five points or less), I could see where a slight slip could easily lead to a couple more losses. But, overall, we were actually pretty good this year (save one terrible game). Seven of our nine wins were basically by three scores (Miami threw in a garbage TD in the last minute to get within two). In two of our three losses, we had a WR with his hands on the ball inside the opponents' five yard line in the last minute for what could have been a winning score. And we play almost the exact same schedule next year except with two of our losses now being played at home. Yeah, that same "terrible" schedule in that same weak division of that same poor conference where eight wins are basically handed to you for showing up.

We've managed to win nine games each year for the past seven despite what most claim to be very sub-par if not terrible coaching. Even average coaching would seem to be an improvement. And this staff will probably have more to work with than possibly any staff in college football has had following a firing. We only have 11 scholarship seniors. One was a non-factor (Kelly), one was the target of constant ridicule (Cotton), one supposedly only started because he was the coach's nephew and one may still be coming back (Turner). In addition, two others are said to be so toxic to the team that many are glad to see them gone (Bell and Mitchell). Not that we didn't lose some players, but that's about as small of a list as you'll see. And we get back at least four starters who didn't play at all this year due to injuries or suspensions - Burtch, Rose, C. Jackson and Alexander - and possibly a fifth (Moss). We return nine offensive players with starting experience and at least 14 on defense (not counting CJax who was the projected starter). Really, the only two huge "holes" on the team are RB and (likely) replacing Gregory, though he was slowed significantly by injuries this year. Plus the QB spot depending on how you feel about the guy we have who's started the last year-and-a-half.

• Fire 3

I don't expect Mike to get 11 wins in year one nor do I expect him to make it to the CCG.

That being said with the easy schedule we have It wouldn't surprise me if he exceeded expectations(heard that before) and gets us to the CCG game in year one.

I expect the home opener winning streak to continue and make a bowl game with 8+ wins and I am happy. Also we should be Competitive in the losses no more blowouts against good teams.

I think Riley will go 9-3 in year one and I believe he will be the guy to get us a Conference Championship that we have been waiting for and make us nationally relevant and maybe just maybe get us that National Championship that we haven't gotten since 1997.

Mavric, I think you're right about the conference schedule next season. A similar conference record wouldn't surprise me too much.

What I'm worried about is a possible 3-1 or even 2-2 non-con. With Hill, BYU has a fighting chance. Maybe a very good chance considering it will be the first game for our players with new systems on both sides of the ball. And with huge questions on who will even be starting at key positions (QB, RB, and WR1 among others). Also, I'm not even sure we would have beaten Miami at home this year without Ameer. Who was pretty much a one man show in that game.

It's hard to tell how our players will respond to the transition. Which is why I think this will be the most difficult season to predict since 2008.

• Fire 1

Mavric, I think you're right about the conference schedule next season. A similar conference record wouldn't surprise me too much.

What I'm worried about is a possible 3-1 or even 2-2 non-con. With Hill, BYU has a fighting chance. Maybe a very good chance considering it will be the first game for our players with new systems on both sides of the ball. And with huge questions on who will even be starting at key positions (QB, RB, and WR1 among others). Also, I'm not even sure we would have beaten Miami at home this year without Ameer. Who was pretty much a one man show in that game.

It's hard to tell how our players will respond to the transition. Which is why I think this will be the most difficult season to predict since 2008.

Really doubt if Hill is healthy by the first game. They were 4-5 without him. And they might be short a couple more players after how their bowl game ended.

Really doubt if Hill is healthy by the first game. They were 4-5 without him. And they might be short a couple more players after how their bowl game ended.

I'm not really worried about a Hill-less BYU.