Riley says staff to be named still coaching

One might be this guy. Just a guess based on the previous ties.

langsdorfcard.jpg

Danny Langsdorf is in his first year as the Giants’ quarterbacks coach. He spent the previous nine seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State University, his second coaching stint at the school.

This is his second NFL job after serving on the staff of the New Orleans Saints from 2002-04.

Langsdorf’s offenses at Oregon State were regularly among the most productive in the Pac 12 Conference. Nine of the top 13 single-season yardage outputs in school history were produced under his guidance.

In 2013, Oregon State set a school record with 6,071 yards (shattering the mark set the previous season of 5,610 yards). The Beavers led the conference with 376.2 passing yards a game and were third with 467.0 total yards per game.

More......

http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/danny-langsdorf/038e8623-9315-4acb-aa0f-6b716ea9fbc3

I wonder why he would come back to college after one year in the NFL.

The Giants may fire Coughlin. That leaves Langsdorf without a job.

I think Langsdorf has done such an amazing job with Eli Manning's INT count that Tommy would learn a lot from the man.

• Fire 1

langsdorfcard.jpg

Danny Langsdorf is in his first year as the Giants’ quarterbacks coach. He spent the previous nine seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State University, his second coaching stint at the school.

This is his second NFL job after serving on the staff of the New Orleans Saints from 2002-04.

Langsdorf’s offenses at Oregon State were regularly among the most productive in the Pac 12 Conference. Nine of the top 13 single-season yardage outputs in school history were produced under his guidance.

In 2013, Oregon State set a school record with 6,071 yards (shattering the mark set the previous season of 5,610 yards). The Beavers led the conference with 376.2 passing yards a game and were third with 467.0 total yards per game.

More......

http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/danny-langsdorf/038e8623-9315-4acb-aa0f-6b716ea9fbc3

I think Langsdorf has done such an amazing job with Eli Manning's INT count that Tommy would learn a lot from the man.

I agree he's done a good job with Eli, and believe he would help all Husker QBs...but would like to see him focused on Stanton. TA just doesn't have it after nearly 2 full years as a starter.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

I agree he's done a good job with Eli, and believe he would help all Husker QBs...but would like to see him focused on Stanton. TA just doesn't have it after nearly 2 full years as a starter.

Sarcasm. Eli is an INT nightmare. Now, I'm more of a believer that NFL QB's are not a product of their pro-team's QB coach, so I doubt it's attributed to Langsdorf. Just making a joke.

langsdorfcard.jpg

Danny Langsdorf is in his first year as the Giants quarterbacks coach. He spent the previous nine seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State University, his second coaching stint at the school.

Langsdorfs offenses at Oregon State were regularly among the most productive in the Pac 12 Conference. Nine of the top 13 single-season yardage outputs in school history were produced under his guidance.

More......

Sarcasm. Eli is an INT nightmare. Now, I'm more of a believer that NFL QB's are not a product of their pro-team's QB coach, so I doubt it's attributed to Langsdorf. Just making a joke.
This was his first year under Langsdorf and he had 30Tds to 14Ints. That's actually decent for the NFL and was very significant improvement.

So is Mark Banker officially the DC or is that still up in the air??

still up in the air "officially".

I wonder if he won't be Co-DC with Bray. I would like this a lot but consider it unlikely.

Not a chance, imo. Bray isn't qualified for that status and I doubt he has any problems just being the LB'er coach.

Either way it means we are getting people who are not getting their first jobs. Also should be guys coming from good places.

Bill Callahan was an NFL head coach, and that worked out so well!!!

Callahan is getting rave reviews as a line coach at Dallas. Go figure? Irony, he could still be a Husker head coach if he had replaced Cosgrove.

• Fire 1

So is Mark Banker officially the DC or is that still up in the air??

still up in the air "officially".

I wonder if he won't be Co-DC with Bray. I would like this a lot but consider it unlikely.

Not a chance, imo. Bray isn't qualified for that status and I doubt he has any problems just being the LB'er coach.

why would you like this alot?

Either way it means we are getting people who are not getting their first jobs. Also should be guys coming from good places.

Bill Callahan was an NFL head coach, and that worked out so well!!!

Bill Callahan was also a white man. No more white men, please! We've been down that road and it's only worked out a couple of times, but the last three white men didn't work out so great.

langsdorfcard.jpg

More......

2014 - Eli Manning's Stats:

379-601-30-14, 4,410 yards, 63.1% passing. Obviously, he had ODBJR to throw to, and the guy catches anything remotely in his area.

2002 - 2004 - Saints - Aaron Brooks' Stats:

283-528-27-15, 3,572 yards, 53.6% passing.

306-508-24-8, 3,546 yards, 59.1% passing.

309-542-21-16, 3,810 yards, 57.0% passing.

He's not a miracle worker, folks. However, there is one glaring thing that would bring him here (other than Coach Riley):

In May 2007, Langsdorf underwent surgery to donate a kidney to Laurie Cavanaugh. Laurie is the wife of Mike Cavanaugh, offensive line coach at Nebraska, who coached with Langsdorf at Oregon State at the time.

With Harbaugh going to Michigan, that frees up the 49ers staff. The TE coach in SF is an Oregon St guy. The RBS coach is a Nebraska guy :)

Eric Mangini is an Oregon St guy?

2014 - Eli Manning's Stats:

379-601-30-14, 4,410 yards, 63.1% passing. Obviously, he had ODBJR to throw to, and the guy catches anything remotely in his area.

2002 - 2004 - Saints - Aaron Brooks' Stats:

283-528-27-15, 3,572 yards, 53.6% passing.

306-508-24-8, 3,546 yards, 59.1% passing.

309-542-21-16, 3,810 yards, 57.0% passing.

He's not a miracle worker, folks. However, there is one glaring thing that would bring him here (other than Coach Riley):

In 2002, Langsdorf went to coach for the New Orleans Saints. With the Saints, he was the offensive assistant/quality control coach in 2002 and the assistant wide receivers/special teams coach in 2003 and 2004. Didn't coach QBs with the Saints...