Confirmed in an email: Randy Gregory to enter draft

No doubt in my mind that Gregory was a disruptive force at defensive end (or wherever we played him). Definitely a good player with a high ceiling. He'll run a quick 40, but not do so well with anything testing strength. With where he currently stands according to Kiper, and if teams draft according to how Kiper ranks the players, I'm thinking Gregory will be drafted in the early to mid first round. However, 4 out of the first 5 teams need a pass rusher, and Gregory might be the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft. That being said, I think RG4 will probably end up going to either Oakland or Washington.

Wish him nothing but the best! Thanks for your time, Randall!

Another year in college would help him skillwise, but it wouldn't help him make anymore money. There really was no decision here, how much can you improve from a top 5 pick. There is little comparison to Suh's situation. If I remember correctly, Suh was projected as a late 1st rounder at best his junior year. There was alot for him to gain physically and monetarily by coming back, especially after seeing how much Bo and staff improved his game after just one season. There's a lot more risk for RG if he decided to stay especially with as many minor injuries as he had this year.

He was pretty invisible this year. It dumbfounded me how NFL tv scouts like Kiper Jr. think he's the third best player in the nation, yet Abdullah is barely top 5 running back. I'm. To hating, I wanted him to come back one more year to prove me wrong... I just don't think we'll miss him.

I said this yesterday in another thread and got torched. I agree 100%. He needs another year.

I can't blame him though. If he really is a top pick, then he should go. I thought there was a rookie cap starting this year, but I really don't know how that impacts him.

This would be the year for him to go, but I think after the year he's had with injuries, he'd do good to go to a team that is going to let him heal up and learn at the same time.

Also, you have to understand that he was getting cut blocked all season long, as well as double teamed.

It's really hard to know how injured he was this year. IMO he seemed to take plays off from time to time and Benning basically said the same thing on Monday morning. He needs to play a Lawrence Taylor like position cause he's too small to play on the line in the NFL. I think he would have made a helluva linebacker at NU.

Randy Gregory to enter draft

"I'm ready for the next challenge in my life," Gregory said in an email. "I look forward to the coaching I will receive and the chance to push myself alongside the best players in the world. Thank you to my coaches from all levels, the Nebraska fans, my teammates, and my family who have supported me from the start."

He was pretty invisible this year. It dumbfounded me how NFL tv scouts like Kiper Jr. think he's the third best player in the nation, yet Abdullah is barely top 5 running back. I'm. To hating, I wanted him to come back one more year to prove me wrong... I just don't think we'll miss him.

A bit like Suh his senior year after a great Jr. season. Crick had a great year because of all the attention that was paid to Damo. Crick's Sr. season he went invisible. Unfortunately, this year we didn't have someone who could step up.

T_O_B

Anyone else find it funny he confirmed this on email, when all the players complained about SE using email?

No.

Gregory is a college football player that doesn't get paid a dime for running anything. Shawn Eichorst is the head of a multi million dollar athletic department that is paid big bucks to provide presence and leadership.

Anyhow, it's best to take the money and run. I think Gregory gets moved to outside linebacker, as he didn't have the bulk to hold the edge against Big 10 tight ends and guards, let alone those in the NFL.