Best Four Teams Before & After

URSS

What four teams would you pick for the National Championship after the bowl games were played?

I have always thought the four teams should have been selected after the bowl games were played. The selection committee picked: Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State.

After the bowl games were played, I would have picked the following teams to play for the national championship:

Ohio State

Texas Christian

Oregon

Georgia Tech

Honorable Mention: Notre Dame and Michigan State

What four teams would you pick for the national championship after seeing the bowl games>

The only turd in the punch bowl was FSU. But they kept winning, so no way of getting them out.

The football gods were shinning yesterday. Could not have turned out better. I know Missouri won, but my wife went to school there, my son worked at the University Hospital, and I was stationed there for 14 years. Have to admit I was happy they won. Love Jerry Kill and would have been happy for him and the conference.

Need to get in the truck and listen to Finebaum, bet there is meltdown there!!!!

NO SEC NO SEC NO SEC NO SEC NO SEC NO SEC NO SEC FOR EVER (Well at least for awhile)

What four teams would you pick for the National Championship after the bowl games were played?

I have always thought the four teams should have been selected after the bowl games were played. The selection committee picked: Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State.

After the bowl games were played, I would have picked the following teams to play for the national championship:

Ohio State

Texas Christian

Oregon

Georgia Tech

Honorable Mention: Notre Dame and Michigan State

What four teams would you pick for the national championship after seeing the bowl games>

I can't argue wt your top 4. GT coach Johnson was my preferred choice when Tom hired Bo. I wonder where we'd be if Johnson had been our coach running an Osborne type O. Too bad they allowed FSU to pull out a win - TCU deserved the final 4 spot.

Can't be too hard on the committee, as I think they got it right. We all knew FSU probably was a fraud, but an undefeated defending national champ will get in 100% of the time. They had no choice. If I were picking today:

Ohio St.

Oregon

TCU

Michigan St.

TCU got royally screwed over this year. If FSU drops one of the 7 or 8 games than came down to the final 5 min, they are in.

And yes lol at Notre Dame. I do think they are a dark horse for next year though. I watched their bowl game, every player seemed to be a frosh or soph, and they had a brutal schedule this year.

The committee didn't get TCU right. How can you move a team up to 3rd, then have that team win their next game by 50, and subsequently drop them to 5th. Boggles the mind.

Can't be too hard on the committee, as I think they got it right. We all knew FSU probably was a fraud, but an undefeated defending national champ will get in 100% of the time. They had no choice. If I were picking today:

Ohio St.

Oregon

TCU

Michigan St.

TCU got royally screwed over this year. If FSU drops one of the 7 or 8 games than came down to the final 5 min, they are in.

And yes lol at Notre Dame. I do think they are a dark horse for next year though. I watched their bowl game, every player seemed to be a frosh or soph, and they had a brutal schedule this year.

The committee didn't get TCU right. How can you move a team up to 3rd, then have that team win their next game by 50, and subsequently drop them to 5th. Boggles the mind.

Oregon, TCU, Ohio St., North Dakota St. errrr. Alabama.

Ohio St.

Oregon

TCU

Michigan St.

Ohio St.

Oregon

TCU

Michigan St.

I'm friends with a major booster of Notre Dame, and he wants Kelly gone. Cited staying with the QB too long and off field activities - one being that kid dying filming practice from that structure in 50 MPH winds back in 2010. At the time an ND spokesman said the weather reports weren't accurate regarding wind speeds. Dah, stick your finger in the air. It's too windy.

Ohio St.

Oregon

TCU

Michigan St.

simple. Drop em behind a tram that won their CCG outright over a much better tram with their 3rd string QB by 59

If the question is which four teams deserved it after playing in their bowl games, then it's obviously Oregon, OSU, Bama and FSU.

But if the bowl games only count for hindsight and don't count for actual resume, then FSU still deserved it and TCU's impressive bowl win doesn't change that.