The power of Langsdorf

A season for change: The Mike Riley offense, past and future

Chief among them: Langsdorf, who spent nine years with Riley in Corvallis before following a former colleague, Ben McAdoo to the New York Giants. McAdoo called plays this year. Langsdorf coached Eli Manning. Langsdorf immediately set high goals – a 70 percent completion rate for Manning, whose career completion rate was 58.5 percent heading into this season. Manning didn't reach that 70 percent mark – but he did complete a career-high 63.1 percent of his passes. And he did reduce his interceptions from a career-high 27 to just 14. So something went right there.

At Oregon State, Mannion fell back a bit, although that might have been the departure of Cooks more than anything. Mannion gushed about Langsdorf in a recent World-Herald story.

I hope Langsdorf improves Tommy's passing and Tommy makes a big leap this year like 23 tds to 8 ints or somewhere around those lines. If Tommy starts I expect him to improve not the Martinez "He is only a sophomore and will get better" improvement because he has the correct coaching. Boykin at TCU wasn't good at all last year proper coaching and he went off what if Tommy has a season like that not the same numbers but just becomes the guy and the starting quarterback with great numbers. I haven't seen Stanton throw but Tommy has a rocket arm that Stanton might have but I don't think he can throw that far but I haven't seen him play enough to know. If Tommy can complete those long ball passes consistently instead of look how far our quarterback can throw and works on it with Westerkamp or whoever we could be good and that can help us put up points and if Tommy starts I do expect some long ball passes but with completions not just chucking it cause we can. So I hope Tommy starts so we can see how good he is with the improved coaching but I won't mind Stanton starting but would love to see Tommy make those big plays like Ohio State does with like 30 -50 yd pass TD's those are fun to watch on like second and seven or some early down and could help us flip the field too if we were stuck on one side of the field. I wish both quarterbacks luck but I like the open competition and give Tommy the nod with 21 career starts and if Stanton didn't beat him this year he would have to make a giant leap to beat him out in 2015. Unless Stanton was in Bo's bad players club where if he didn't like you the player applauds from the sidelines and pushes the starters to do better instead of actually playing the best players on the field Tommy will start unless Bo was holding back Stanton which could be a possibility.I give Tommy the nod now but that might change if Stanton lives up to his elite 11 status.

I hope Langsdorf improves Tommy's passing and Tommy makes a big leap this year like 23 tds to 8 ints or somewhere around those lines. If Tommy starts I expect him to improve not the Martinez "He is only a sophomore and will get better" improvement because he has the correct coaching. Boykin at TCU wasn't good at all last year proper coaching and he went off what if Tommy has a season like that not the same numbers but just becomes the guy and the starting quarterback with great numbers. I haven't seen Stanton throw but Tommy has a rocket arm that Stanton might have but I don't think he can throw that far but I haven't seen him play enough to know. If Tommy can complete those long ball passes consistently instead of look how far our quarterback can throw and works on it with Westerkamp or whoever we could be good and that can help us put up points and if Tommy starts I do expect some long ball passes but with completions not just chucking it cause we can. So I hope Tommy starts so we can see how good he is with the improved coaching but I won't mind Stanton starting but would love to see Tommy make those big plays like Ohio State does with like 30 -50 yd pass TD's those are fun to watch on like second and seven or some early down and could help us flip the field too if we were stuck on one side of the field. I wish both quarterbacks luck but I like the open competition and give Tommy the nod with 21 career starts and if Stanton didn't beat him this year he would have to make a giant leap to beat him out in 2015. Unless Stanton was in Bo's bad players club where if he didn't like you the player applauds from the sidelines and pushes the starters to do better instead of actually playing the best players on the field Tommy will start unless Bo was holding back Stanton which could be a possibility.I give Tommy the nod now but that might change if Stanton lives up to his elite 11 status.

Holy wall of text bro. Mix in a paragraph.
  • Fire 5

Chief among them: Langsdorf, who spent nine years with Riley in Corvallis before following a former colleague, Ben McAdoo to the New York Giants. McAdoo called plays this year. Langsdorf coached Eli Manning. Langsdorf immediately set high goals a 70 percent completion rate for Manning, whose career completion rate was 58.5 percent heading into this season. Manning didn't reach that 70 percent mark but he did complete a career-high 63.1 percent of his passes. And he did reduce his interceptions from a career-high 27 to just 14. So something went right there.

At Oregon State, Mannion fell back a bit, although that might have been the departure of Cooks more than anything. Mannion gushed about Langsdorf in a recent World-Herald story.

So by my math Manning didn't even make it half way to his goal of an 11.5% increase in completion %. Is that really something to be bragging about? Serious question.

Chief among them: Langsdorf, who spent nine years with Riley in Corvallis before following a former colleague, Ben McAdoo to the New York Giants. McAdoo called plays this year. Langsdorf coached Eli Manning. Langsdorf immediately set high goals a 70 percent completion rate for Manning, whose career completion rate was 58.5 percent heading into this season. Manning didn't reach that 70 percent mark but he did complete a career-high 63.1 percent of his passes. And he did reduce his interceptions from a career-high 27 to just 14. So something went right there.

So by my math Manning didn't even make it half way to his goal of an 11.5% increase in completion %. Is that really something to be bragging about? Serious question.

It was a career-high, so yes.

penili had a high coaches on his staff...in a major university like this...i allways thought this was odd

Yeah, coaches shouldn't be getting high, especially during the season....

Florida_Owls_Carl_Pelini.png

Hey, those were unsubstantiated rumors, damnit!

• Fire 2

I would say that it is still worth noting as something good. There is a lot more to a completion percentage than just the Qb throwing to the target.

Holy wall of text bro. Mix in a paragraph.

Or you know, some punctuation even.