Where do you see Nebraska Football in five years?

NUpolo8

Well some of you put your faith/hope in the past idiot. How did that work out for you. Basically the laughing stock of college football for the past 7 years, possibly the 4 before, more pleasure for most is my guess.

No one knows, you talk as if you know Riley will fail. But you bought into the past coach like he was the only life preserver left on the Titanic.

A guy that did not want to be here, had stated he hated Nebraska, but he was your man.

Now you have a guy that left home, safe zone, lifetime contract at Oregon State, to come here, and no trust or hope is given.

Maybe your choices are still wrong. They sure were 7 years ago.

• Fire 4

Well some of you put your faith/hope in the past idiot. How did that work out for you. Basically the laughing stock of college football for the past 7 years, possibly the 4 before, more pleasure for most is my guess.

No one knows, you talk as if you know Riley will fail. But you bought into the past coach like he was the only life preserver left on the Titanic.

A guy that did not want to be here, had stated he hated Nebraska, but he was your man.

Now you have a guy that left home, safe zone, lifetime contract at Oregon State, to come here, and no trust or hope is given.

Exactly, how many of us were fired up after beating Clemson in the Gator Bowl? How many of us were thinking, "we're back"???

-The new coaching staff's ability to keep this class together has shown they have chops on the recruiting trail.... No matter how you feel about the new guys, it can't be denied how impressive that is.

- The difference in experience between the Bo/Riley coaching staff is staggering. You have to think experience counts for something.

- The early signs point to the fact that they "get it" in the modern age of CFB. The way they use social media, and embrace the blessing that is Nebraska's fanbase..... is well, a nice change....

I have more, but I'm tired of putting thoughts-to-keyboard :nanalama

Advantage Riley!

(Polo's forecast for the next 5 years of Nebraska football aligns with my thinking as well)

Doing something for along time doesn't necessarily make you good at it. There are other factors involved

I dunno about that. The feedback loop in coaching is a bit more harsh than other disciplines. There are plenty of coaches out there with 2-10 records. But not many with 20-100 records. If a guy has more than a couple of two-win seasons, he's likely on his way out of the profession. So if a head coach is able to keep at it for a decent length of time, he's generally pretty good at it. To a lesser extent, the same holds true for position coaches.

How does scheduling work that we can see a cross division tOSU team 4 years in a row?

iirc

When the Big goes to 9 conference game a season one game will be "preferred scheduling" where they match up teams with their perceived equivalent (or as close as they can get) in the other division. The idea being they could sell the tv rights for more money by promising more big time match-ups. I hated it when they announced it, still do.

I think that's why if you go to HuskerMax and look at future schedules their are still empty spots in some of our conference schedules.

At the end of five years I see Nebraska being close to where they are now. Maybe with a tad more national relevance, one conference title and one signature win under their belt. I think we will also be in the process of looking for a new coach or getting ready to. Mike is no spring chicken.

-The new coaching staff's ability to keep this class together has shown they have chops on the recruiting trail.... No matter how you feel about the new guys, it can't be denied how impressive that is.

- The difference in experience between the Bo/Riley coaching staff is staggering. You have to think experience counts for something.

- The early signs point to the fact that they "get it" in the modern age of CFB. The way they use social media, and embrace the blessing that is Nebraska's fanbase..... is well, a nice change....

I have more, but I'm tired of putting thoughts-to-keyboard :nanalama

Advantage Riley!

(Polo's forecast for the next 5 years of Nebraska football aligns with my thinking as well)

Doing something for along time doesn't necessarily make you good at it. There are other factors involved

I dunno about that. The feedback loop in coaching is a bit more harsh than other disciplines. There are plenty of coaches out there with 2-10 records. But not many with 20-100 records. If a guy has more than a couple of two-win seasons, he's likely on his way out of the profession. So if a head coach is able to keep at it for a decent length of time, he's generally pretty good at it. To a lesser extent, the same holds true for position coaches.

Alot of the time it just means you are a journeyman same as in any profession. That does not guarantee you are "very" good at your job. I think he will have to be very good to win the conference title more than once in a blue moon. Imo.

Hope, I see hope for the future. To me that is all that is important. I had no real hope from the time the past staff/coach was hired. I knew what he was and what he would be.

I know Coach Riley does not have the stellar past that some are looking for. Maybe we all are or were, but I see a man that has knowledge of college football. Maybe being satisfied with being in his home, to coach out his final days. But something changed, he is welcoming this with open arms, running into the hell that can be "The head Coach of Nebraska". He wants the challenge, left home to come here, to take on that challenge.

Could we win a lot more games, maybe, maybe not. But Nebraska is about more than winning games to me. Honest, hard working, love of country, god, and just doing things right. I see him fitting that mold to a tee.

I make no predictions on his results, but for the first time in 7 years I have hope that things, in every aspect will get better, that I can watch the game and not be embarrassed by a low class display on the sidelines or on video tapes.

I see a man that is happy to be here, not looking at it as a stepping stone. He has reached the highest pinnacle of his career, and he will give us everything he has. We will not be worried (some were) that he is interviewing at the next big gig.

We have a class act, and I will wait for what he brings us. I think we will be very happy with the results.

Good post. I think MR and crew will do well. Looking forward to enjoying my Husker fan time more than I have recently. I have no expectations of undefeated seasons but I think NU will be in the mix for the playoffs now and then.

How old is Saben? Snyder?

I posted a World Senior games record of a 90 year old man running a 100 meters in 17 seconds. How many of you guys can do that at 35 to 40? Riley looks fit, does quite a bit of exercise. Age hits when you decide it hits, or if you never prepared for it for your whole life. I know many people in their 70's 80's and 90's that still have a full life, run major businesses and do quite well at it.

Let him die before you kill him.

But you could be right, but know one knows until the time passes. I would much rather hope he does a great job, lives out his lifetime ambition at Nebraska. He chose to come here for a reason, not a great pay raise, not an easy job. He wanted the challenge and felt up to it. I admire that in him, see nothing wrong with his age, hell he's still a kid to me and some others that post on here.

My guess is 90% on this board can not keep up with me for a day, let alone a week. That's with two heart attacks and both knees replaced. I weigh 8 pounds more than when I graduated from Marine Corps boot camp.

Sick of hearing he is too old, sorry for the rant!

I know you all hate blue hairs, but your coming, faster than you think!!

• Fire 1

From what I can tell, people who are negative about Mike Riley aren't really upset about Bo leaving. I for example am as negative as anybody else on this board, and I'm glad Bo was fired. Nebraska had a chance to make a statement with the hire and blew it. That's what I'm negative about.

• Fire 2

How old is Saben? Snyder?

I posted a World Senior games record of a 90 year old man running a 100 meters in 17 seconds. How many of you guys can do that at 35 to 40? Riley looks fit, does quite a bit of exercise. Age hits when you decide it hits, or if you never prepared for it for your whole life. I know many people in their 70's 80's and 90's that still have a full life, run major businesses and do quite well at it.

Let him die before you kill him.

But you could be right, but know one knows until the time passes. I would much rather hope he does a great job, lives out his lifetime ambition at Nebraska. He chose to come here for a reason, not a great pay raise, not an easy job. He wanted the challenge and felt up to it. I admire that in him, see nothing wrong with his age, hell he's still a kid to me and some others that post on here.

My guess is 90% on this board can not keep up with me for a day, let alone a week. That's with two heart attacks and both knees replaced. I weigh 8 pounds more than when I graduated from Marine Corps boot camp.

Sick of hearing he is too old, sorry for the rant!

I know you all hate blue hairs, but your coming, faster than you think!!

I could run 100 meters in 17 seconds......

From what I can tell, people who are negative about Mike Riley aren't really upset about Bo leaving. I for example am as negative as anybody else on this board, and I'm glad Bo was fired. Nebraska had a chance to make a statement with the hire and blew it. That's what I'm negative about.
So how many championships have been won from a good press conference or impressive name hire? The point is WE DONT KNOW HOW THIS WILL WORK OUT. You can be upset you didn't get a name hire but I would like to know, who did you think was going to come to Nebraska, and please don't say Scott Frost because outside of Nebraska that would be like hiring a High school JV coach compared to Mike Riley