Where do you see Nebraska Football in five years?

NUpolo8

Because the talking point of the past few weeks has been "Bo is gone, let's move on.." (Yet inexplicably there are four threads where you can argue which Bo Pelini era player was your favorite), I thought we could all lay our bold, smoking hot, renewable energy takes on where we all see the Riley era taking us in the near to semi-far future.

I'll go first!!!!

After the 2020 we will have seen:

-zero 4+ loss seasons

-2 11+ win seasons.

-3 CCG's

-1-2 conf championships

-1 season where there's playoff discussion.

I hope your eyes aren't flash burnt by those white hot takes.

-put your uv protection on and make your takes be strong.

Because the talking point of the past few weeks has been "Bo is gone, let's move on.." (Yet inexplicably there are four threads where you can argue which Bo Pelini era player was your favorite), I thought we could all lay our bold, smoking hot, renewable energy takes on where we all see the Riley era taking us in the near to semi-far future.

I'll go first!!!!

After the 2020 we will have seen:

-zero 4+ loss seasons

-2 11+ win seasons.

-3 CCG's

-1-2 conf championships

-1 season where there's playoff discussion.

I hope your eyes aren't flash burnt by those white hot takes.

-put your uv protection on and make your takes be strong.

The guy has experience and he is bringing in an experienced staff. I see us winning many division titles, but I really have no idea until he coaches a season. I have only watched a handful of Oregon St games, so I can't really get a handle on how he runs things yet. Anyone know where I can watch old Oregon St. games?

I am waiting for you knapplc. Never be a flat lander again!

Just the opportunity to move on, to better the program, the image of the program is all I know for sure. Not in the slightest concerned with wins or losses, CCG or division titles at this point. Just want Nebraska to be looked on as a good football program, a sound foundation for the future.

I think those things will happen, and when they do the victories will come.

Actually, there are 5 threads to vote on the best position players over the last 7 years. And thats because you can only have 3 questions per thread. I guess I thought it was more about the players and what they did during his tenure.

Where do I see Nebraska in 5 years? Probably in the twilight of the Mike Riley era breaking in his successor after a successful run that saw him win a conference championship and 1 or 2 more appearances where he came up just short. I see our bowl streak extending. I see a fan base slowly re-uniting.

• Fire 1

I see us winning the West, but I'm not sure about any B1G titles. Ohio State is/was a one team pony in the B1G. They are loaded with talent. Even though Hoke didn't pan out at Michigan, they are loaded with talent. Harbaugh is a good coach, and he will eventually give Urban a run for his money. Riley isn't on the same footing yet with Ohio State and Michigan in terms of talent. I don't think he can stack the cupboard in just five short years. I see us being competitive with the opportunity for a B1G title and a potential place in the playoff.

I see us winning the West, but I'm not sure about any B1G titles. Ohio State is/was a one team pony in the B1G. They are loaded with talent. Even though Hoke didn't pan out at Michigan, they are loaded with talent. Harbaugh is a good coach, and he will eventually give Urban a run for his money. Riley isn't on the same footing yet with Ohio State and Michigan in terms of talent. I don't think he can stack the cupboard in just five short years. I see us being competitive with the opportunity for a B1G title and a potential place in the playoff.

If Michigan St can do it, Nebraska sure the hell can. We just need to find the right guy. And it's quite possible we have. We just dont know yet. But to write us off cuz someone appears to be better isnt no good.

Indiana marched into Columbus and almost pulled off the win. Anyone can beat anyone.