Grantland: Ranking College Football’s New Head Coaching Hires

This writer goes ga-ga for hot coordinators.

Exactly. Comparatively, we know what we're getting with Riley, while those coordinators ranked ahead of him are all question marks. After our last experiment, I'd take Riley's experience over a coordinator. Aside from Chryst, there's no chance any of those other coordinators stick with their school for more than 4-5 years IF they are successful.

Also, ever so apparent that winning the way Harbaugh did excuses him from the list of "temper tantrum" coaches lol.

"Mike Riley is a proven winner who hasn't won anything. He's an accomplished coach like Harbaugh but I question why Nebraska hired him."

I love Grantland, but that is the most contradictory Grantland article ever to Grantland.

I enjoy most of what Grantland puts out there, but contradicting themselves within an article is habitual.

"Mike Riley is a proven winner who hasn't won anything. He's an accomplished coach like Harbaugh but I question why Nebraska hired him."

I love Grantland, but that is the most contradictory Grantland article ever to Grantland.

I enjoy most of what Grantland puts out there, but contradicting themselves within an article is habitual.

And then there's an article like this on the front page and THEY TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/they-might-be-giants-again-the-adult-comeback-of-a-cult-band/

• Fire 1

I saw this as a bit of joke, the guy had a huge bias toward unproven co-coordinators (I'm sure Pelini would have been a grand-slam to him) And I loved his write up on Chryst "His head-coaching record at Pitt was somewhat less inspiring" but he is, Chryst, considered a good hire because he really wants to be there (Wiscy) even though he proved to be a "less than inspiring head coach". Seems like a hodge-podge of speculation. He seems to link the "Bizzare Choice or Riley" to the fact that Riley is 61, at least that was the first thing he listed. Again showing his bias towards inexperience and youth.

How do you rate the quality of a hire before any of them have coached a game at their new gigs?

Well, you get a list, and then based off of subjective criteria, sliding scales, and what will piss off the most passionate fanbases to drive hits, you rank them from first to last.

So, basically they said what we all know: he's never won anything important and his ability to recruit is questionable. Huskerboard, of course, freaks out. Reality is, outside of Nebraska, nobody around the country really expects us to get over the hump based on the new staff.

Harbaugh has actually won something in CFB, easy #1. He also rated the hires on a curve according to expectations. I personally agree with the list for the most part.

• Fire 2

So, basically they said what we all know: he's never won anything important and his ability to recruit is questionable. Huskerboard, of course, freaks out. Reality is, outside of Nebraska, nobody around the country really expects us to get over the hump based on the new staff.

Harbaugh has actually won something in CFB, easy #1. He also rated the hires on a curve according to expectations. I personally agree with the list for the most part.

Thank you!