SIGNED - LB Mohamed Barry

Mavric

While the national signing day spectacle sometimes makes some roll their eyes, it's good to get a perspective like the one Barry gave when asked a simple question on Thursday night: What will it mean to sign your name and receive a football scholarship next week?

"It's going to mean everything, to know that everything you put in since you were little, every workout you went to, every game you won, every sacrifice your family made, and everything that God has blessed you with, the rewarding part is there.
"People ask why do you play football and why do you sacrifice all this? Because at the end of the day, I'm going to sign a scholarship that will pay for my education for the next four to five years, and give me the opportunity of a lifetime, and make bonds and brotherhood that you can't make in no other sport but football.
"To have this opportunity to play at a prestigious school like Nebraska, and to play in front of 93,000 fans and to play in the Big Ten where stadiums seat 108,000, to have that opportunity is overwhelming. And it just shows that that is the best reward in football. It gives you everything you need and more. It just means everything for me to sign with the University of Nebraska."

LJS

• Fire 4

“That was a big deal and they didn’t know it but that was going to be the deciding factor,” he said. “My mom liked Al Golden but she just liked Mike Riley better. He’s just down to Earth. He had conversations with my little sister and that just meant a lot. It’s like he wanted to do it. That’s just how he is and how he is made. I know the university hired a good coach with him. He’s the man I want to play for and the man I want to give my all to.”

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Mike-Rileys-in-home-demeanor-wins-over-Mohamed-Barry-and-family-35187075

That's awesome!!!