Riley: WRs job still open; Ron Brown not joining staff

Ron Brown's a great guy. Unless your particular sin happens to be one that he thinks is worse than the others.

It's really a shame that the guy gets condemned for standing by his religious beliefs. For some reason it's okay to be religious Christian as long as you keep it quiet. Christians claim to be lead by Christ and His word is the Bible. If it says something is wrong, then you don't condone it. Ron Brown speaks out on what his Bible says is wrong. The guy doesn't go out and hunt down and eliminate people over it. Just seems that Christianity gets lumped into Muslim terrorism as an equal bad thing.

It's okay for gay rights to force their views down everyone's throats but it's not okay to disagree. Somebody explain why that is? More and more people are shacking up and NOT getting married yet it's such a big deal for two members of the same sex to get married.

Now me personally, I take issue with gay marriage because my Bible says it's a sanctified union...I also disagree with divorce but again...the Bible. I don't judge or condemn people that believe otherwise because that's not my role. As far as the United States and it's policies go, people are free to live their lives but when their decisions begin to affect others then we have to call into question those choices and decide if they are appropriate or not. This country is a democracy. The majority rule is supposed to be the way things work. Instead we have a handful of judges overruling the majority because they supposedly know better.

I would fully expect a country founded on Christian principles to take issues with things that go against those principles. The country may be changing but it's not there yet.

• Fire 2

Ron Brown's a great guy. Unless your particular sin happens to be one that he thinks is worse than the others.

It's really a shame that the guy gets condemned for standing by his religious beliefs. For some reason it's okay to be religious Christian as long as you keep it quiet. Christians claim to be lead by Christ and His word is the Bible. If it says something is wrong, then you don't condone it. Ron Brown speaks out on what his Bible says is wrong. The guy doesn't go out and hunt down and eliminate people over it. Just seems that Christianity gets lumped into Muslim terrorism as an equal bad thing.

It's okay for gay rights to force their views down everyone's throats but it's not okay to disagree. Somebody explain why that is? More and more people are shacking up and NOT getting married yet it's such a big deal for two members of the same sex to get married.

Now me personally, I take issue with gay marriage because my Bible says it's a sanctified union...I also disagree with divorce but again...the Bible. I don't judge or condemn people that believe otherwise because that's not my role. As far as the United States and it's policies go, people are free to live their lives but when their decisions begin to affect others then we have to call into question those choices and decide if they are appropriate or not. This country is a democracy. The majority rule is supposed to be the way things work. Instead we have a handful of judges overruling the majority because they supposedly know better.

I would fully expect a country founded on Christian principles to take issues with things that go against those principles. The country may be changing but it's not there yet.

To my knowledge, Ron Brown was only condemned for his beliefs when he used Memorial Stadium's address as his address during a public forum.

• Fire 4

What does this have to do with the new WR's coach?

Apparently we are down to two people and now we pick one of them

Also keep an eye on 3 star wide receiver D'erren Wilson, he decommited from SMU and has shown interest in Nebraska as well as others.

Who are the two?

I don't know yet that is what I read from Mike Schaefer of 247 Sports they have it down to two but we don't know only Riley and the Staff probably.

Riley recently said he had interviewed four guys. I think he himself also said it's down to 2, so I guess it won't be too long, now. Today's MLK day and Riley hasn't tweeted since the 16th. Maybe (hopefully) tomorrow?

Keep the politics & religion in the P&R forum, please.

Riley was in Oklahoma last night visiting Burnett.

Thanks Warrior. Interesting silence on the twitter front, though. Guess it's not really important, but I miss those maps!

Wish I knew but as I think was the case with all the hires, nobody really knew anything until it happened. Seems like he missed out on his first choice, but that was probably known ever since Brent Brennan announced he was staying at Oregon State.

Thanks Warrior. Interesting silence on the twitter front, though. Guess it's not really important, but I miss those maps!

Wish I knew but as I think was the case with all the hires, nobody really knew anything until it happened. Seems like he missed out on his first choice, but that was probably known ever since Brent Brennan announced he was staying at Oregon State.

Could be still working on him. If he is as fierce of a competitor as everyone says he is.

One can hope!

I can't see any way for a coach to bolt after just agreeing to sign on with a new incoming head coach. Brennan has to be staying.

I wonder which way we're going though: older and experienced, or young and energetic. I'm hoping for the latter. We could use another guy similar to Bray and Davis on the staff.