Riley to be on ESPN 2 during CFP Champ Game

C N Red

I wouldn't mind if Riley politely downplayed Oregon and propped up tOSU in order to get some Big Ten love

Ugh, I hate the idea of "rooting for your own conference". Go Oregon. I hate the rest of the Big Ten.

But the "guilt by association" from bad football at holes like Purdue and Iowa casts an ugly shadow over everyone else. New Years Day was a good start to blowing off the stink, but a win here would get the Big Ten to not be the butt of so many jokes.

Did you guys hear that Tom Osborne is retiring from coaching after the '98 Orange Bowl?

Wouldnt surprise me at all if people are still wanting TO involved in everything Husker Football even in 2098.

...and why would that be a bad thing? His input would be valuable and his recommendations are not binding in any way. He was one of the great football minds of the last 35 years of the1900's.

T_O_B

It's not a bad thing, its an impossible thing. Osborne will be long gone by then. Just saying.

People keep saying (not necessarily you) that we need to move on from Bo. I suggest that many others need to move on from Osborne. He was a fantastic coach, there is no doubt of that, but he's done now. Let's let him go fishing.

I tried

I wouldn't mind if Riley politely downplayed Oregon and propped up tOSU in order to get some Big Ten love

Ugh, I hate the idea of "rooting for your own conference". Go Oregon. I hate the rest of the Big Ten.
I tried the B1G loyalty thing for a minute...I just hate Ohio State too much. Go Ducks

Guys, let's not go all Big XII here...think of the bigger picture here, and a tOSU NC helps the conference profile next season.

I tried

I tried the B1G loyalty thing for a minute...I just hate Ohio State too much. Go Ducks
Guys, let's not go all Big XII here...think of the bigger picture here, and a tOSU NC helps the conference profile next season.
No, it helps an OSU profile which NU competes with directly every year.

I tried

Its not as if this is the Conference USA that needs exposure. I am not sure Ohio winning the championship helps us.

Riley gets a shot at both Oregon & Ohio State in 2016 & also 2017 (scheduled). Should have better players this time around against the Ducks.

And from the game chat, I feel a lot more confident with him against Oregon than BP. He's insightful and very knowledgeable. He understands defenses too. Good fit for us.