Riley to be on ESPN 2 during CFP Champ Game

C N Red

Riley gets a shot at both Oregon & Ohio State in 2016 & also 2017 (scheduled). Should have better players this time around against the Ducks.

And from the game chat, I feel a lot more confident with him against Oregon than BP. He's insightful and very knowledgeable. He understands defenses too. Good fit for us.

Not to mention DoNU beating a high profile tOSU helps the push for a NC...

I tried

I wouldn't mind if Riley politely downplayed Oregon and propped up tOSU in order to get some Big Ten love

Ugh, I hate the idea of "rooting for your own conference". Go Oregon. I hate the rest of the Big Ten.
I tried the B1G loyalty thing for a minute...I just hate Ohio State too much. Go Ducks
Guys, let's not go all Big XII here...think of the bigger picture here, and a tOSU NC helps the conference profile next season.

Its not as if this is the Conference USA that needs exposure. I am not sure Ohio winning the championship helps us.

After the Big Ten has been downplayed all year, I don't really know how one could say we don't need exposure but that's just my opinion

• Fire 1

I tried

I wouldn't mind if Riley politely downplayed Oregon and propped up tOSU in order to get some Big Ten love

Ugh, I hate the idea of "rooting for your own conference". Go Oregon. I hate the rest of the Big Ten.
I tried the B1G loyalty thing for a minute...I just hate Ohio State too much. Go Ducks
Guys, let's not go all Big XII here...think of the bigger picture here, and a tOSU NC helps the conference profile next season.

Its not as if this is the Conference USA that needs exposure. I am not sure Ohio winning the championship helps us.
After the Big Ten has been downplayed all year, I don't really know how one could say we don't need exposure but that's just my opinion

Beating bama gave us plenty of exposure for the conference. Urban widening the gap doesn't help us

I tried

Beating bama gave us plenty of exposure for the conference. Urban widening the gap doesn't help us

We are not even close to the same league as OSU. Not even close. Great coaching and 68% blue chip recruits will do that.......we have a long way to go to win the conference. Anxious to see what Riley can do.

We will never have the number of blue chip recruits that OSU will, we are in a crappy area to be able to bring in that number of highly touted recruits. With that being said if we are capable of developing the high number of 3 and 4 star players we will have then we will be fine, and we will get the occasional 5 star recruit. Riley seems to know how to develop, if that is true we will be fine.

I tried

No offense but beating the top team in the SEC will get the B10 remembered for a week...losing in the championship only makes you the first loser which all will soon forget...now winning the championship may make the playoff committee double think next time they must make a choice between having a Big 12 and B10 in that last slot

Guys, if Ohio State wins, it will mean a LOT more for Ohio State than it will for the entire conference. I just don't get the thought of rooting for one of your main conference rivals to succeed.

For me it is because we have had to hear the narrative of the BIG Ten being weak and how Ohio State (or any Big Ten champion) would come out 3rd or 4th in a "real" conference. Would be very beneficial for the entire conference to dispel that notion. I would hate for Nebraska to go 12-1 and miss a shot at the title for being in a "weak" conference.

• Fire 1

Man, it's cool hearing Riley's insight. Especially his last comments before break on thinking tOSU is going to ty and bring 5 man pressures to take away gaps from Mariota in 3rd and long situations or passing downs. Let's see if it happens.

Amazing to hear how to to adjust as opposed to "we just didn't execute crap". Even if we lose this year, I expect a complete 4 quarters of play.

• Fire 5

Man, it's cool hearing Riley's insight. Especially his last comments before break on thinking tOSU is going to ty and bring 5 man pressures to take away gaps from Mariota in 3rd and long situations or passing downs. Let's see if it happens.

Amazing to hear how to to adjust as opposed to "we just didn't execute crap". Even if we lose this year, I expect a complete 4 quarters of play.

Agreed. I think we lost a lot of games under Pelini because he lost his cool and couldn't make gametime adjustments. HE couldn't execute.

• Fire 3

Have to agree with you both. +1 each