Riley to be on ESPN 2 during CFP Champ Game

C N Red

We will never have the number of blue chip recruits that OSU will, we are in a crappy area to be able to bring in that number of highly touted recruits. With that being said if we are capable of developing the high number of 3 and 4 star players we will have then we will be fine, and we will get the occasional 5 star recruit. Riley seems to know how to develop, if that is true we will be fine.

This thought process needs to die a horrible death. Nebraska is NOT in a crappy area. Columbus is not a frickin nirvana either. Nor is Eugene for that matter, and they are bringing in top recruits. Do you think Tuscaloosa Alabama, is a thriving metropolis? Oh and Tallahassee Florida is just a shiny oasis in a swamp.

This woe is me attititude that Nebraska fans have is absolutely shameful, and I'm sorry I have to relate to these types of comments from my fellow Husker fans.

We will never have the number of blue chip recruits that OSU will, we are in a crappy area to be able to bring in that number of highly touted recruits. With that being said if we are capable of developing the high number of 3 and 4 star players we will have then we will be fine, and we will get the occasional 5 star recruit. Riley seems to know how to develop, if that is true we will be fine.

This thought process needs to die a horrible death. Nebraska is NOT in a crappy area. Columbus is not a frickin nirvana either. Nor is Eugene for that matter, and they are bringing in top recruits. Do you think Tuscaloosa Alabama, is a thriving metropolis? Oh and Tallahassee Florida is just a shiny oasis in a swamp.

This woe is me attititude that Nebraska fans have is absolutely shameful, and I'm sorry I have to relate to these types of comments from my fellow Husker fans.

I agree that Columbus, Tallahassee, Tuscaloosa aren't exactly the best places to live. But, they are close to huge areas of population with lots of talent. Nebraska has a very small population, and the surrounding states generally aren't pumping out a ton of D-1 prospects each year. Ohio has a pretty big population to get recruits from. Everyone knows that the South is growing in population, compared to the north. That's why you are seeing kids go to SEC schools, because these schools are all close (decent drive) to their hometowns.

• Fire 1

every time i switched over to ESPN2 last night all I ever heard was Dan Mullen.

Yep, he was pretty annoying.

Yeah, it was lame that Mullen became the "star of the show" once Ohio State started rolling, but he was the person who would have the most info on Urban, Ohio State, and the Ohio State offense.

I am sure Riley would have been more high-profile if Oregon had been playing better.

• Fire 1

A recap of #Huskers coach Mike Riley's night in the film room for Ohio State-Oregon http://m.omaha.com/huskers/nu-s-riley-offers-his-insights-in-espn-film-room/article_d04ff37d-12c5-5294-a2e5-2622bc406952.html?mode=jqm

Re-air on ESPNU at 3 pm today

I look forward to watching the full replay. When I switched channels, I caught some good insight from Coach Riley. It was really cool to see him in that setting, and has to be great publicity for Nebraska.

• Fire 2

Q, it was one of the neatest things I've ever watched. I watched it the whole way. Once you got acclimated to their setup and how they were doing it (which didnt take long) it was awesome. I know football, but the numerous little nuances that they constantly pointed out were awesome. Not to mention, all the little things they saw AS the plays would play out live. It was great.

• Fire 2

every time i switched over to ESPN2 last night all I ever heard was Dan Mullen.

Yep, he was pretty annoying.

Yeah, it was lame that Mullen became the "star of the show" once Ohio State started rolling, but he was the person who would have the most info on Urban, Ohio State, and the Ohio State offense.

I am sure Riley would have been more high-profile if Oregon had been playing better.

that's a great point.

It is not a woe is me attitude. It is a plane and simple fact. There are more 4-5 star football players in the state of Ohio, Alabama, and Florida than there are in Nebraska. It has nothing to do with Tuscaloosa being a crap hole or not. It has nothing to do with Columbus, Ohio or Lincoln Nebraska being a great place to raise your kids. Braxton Miller and Joey Bosa went to OSU because they are from Ohio, not because they think Columbus is a great place to raise a family because it has a low crime rate or what ever.

I don't know why that doesn't make any sense to some people.

It doesn't mean that Nebraska can't compete, it just means it is harder to compete.

• Fire 1

This may be slightly random but.. if anyone is/was a Poker fan, Dan Mullen reminded a lot of Phil Helmuth. Sounds a lot like him, thinks he knows everything and has to dominate the discussion constantly. Again, random.. but maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about :P

I watched a little bit of it? However, everyone I was watching it with always wanted to switch back to regular ESPN because their split screen views caused the actual camera view to be so small it was hard to follow the game.

I would like it better if they would simply have one view on the screen at once and that view be the over head view from a distance you can see the entire field. I love that view but even on my 54" TV it was many times just hard to follow the game.

Loved the discussion.