1st team meeting

Mark Banker @CoachBanker · Jan 11

Great 1st TEAM meeting. Let's build a bond of trust & respect. No time to talk about it, let's be about it!

How does a coach, specifically Coach Riley, go about building this back after the damage Bo caused in his last meeting?

I think the best thing is to just go to work and keep high expectations and energy going into the program. At the end of the day it is a matter of overcoming the negative energy left by Bo, the good thing is that his comments were directed at the Administration so I think the players will be willing open to working with Riley. Unfortunately for Bo his final comments will hurt him for years to come but the players will move on. Riley will need to earn trust but I think that is the case with any new coach.

Mark Banker @CoachBanker · Jan 11

Great 1st TEAM meeting. Let's build a bond of trust & respect. No time to talk about it, let's be about it!

How does a coach, specifically Coach Riley, go about building this back after the damage Bo caused in his last meeting?

Honestly, and a willingness to listen if a player needs to talk about something.

(Before I say this, in no way am I implying the players were abused).

This is similar to if you adopt an abused dog. First, the dog is shy and not trusting in you. But, if you can be honest, open and show that dog you know what you are doing and you can be trusted, that dog will do anything for you.

So, treat the players with respect, show them they deserve the respect and that so does the administration. Work hard to make them better.

If you can accomplish that, these players will be as loyal to you as to any other previous coach.

Its like with anything... Ya, they loved Bo and are hurt by him leaving.. but crying about it doesnt help you at all.

These guys know if they want to play, they need to work hard and gain the trust of the new coaches.

Obviously the new coaches need to build up some trust as well so there arent a bunch of guys transferring. That can be solved by creating a winning atmosphere.