SIGNED - WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr.

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not only has KJJ been a solid commit, he is constantly recruiting others to Nebraska.

Dont let any tweet concern you... He is all N and just have to have faith.

And for god sakes, dont tweet at him... just leave him alone.

Have I missed it somewhere in this thread ... are people talking about tweeting at him?

Not only has KJJ been a solid commit, he is constantly recruiting others to Nebraska.

Have I missed it somewhere in this thread ... are people talking about tweeting at him?

Was that someone from this group?

Was that someone from this group?

Not that i know of. Was just talking in general that people need to step away from the computer if they feel the need to Tweet recruits like KJJ

He can do what he wants, and I've never tweeted a recruit or any other athlete, but he said he was gonna pick his school then shutdown recruiting. He has now retweeted someone announcing that he's meeting with Lane Kiffin today. I'm not saying anyone should panic but I don't see why people are sure there's nothing to be worried about.

On the bright side Alabama was already on his list. At least it's not a new offer.

Unless I am misunderstanding the rules, Kiffin is just going to watch him practice. I don't believe you can have personal contact during the spring evaluation period hence why Red Five called it click bait. KJJ can't keep Kiffin from visiting Calabasas so it's not really news. Maybe someone who understands the rules better can explain it if I missed something.

You are right and for the love of god people don't f#*k this up by overreacting to something that is as irrelevant as this. He's N unless our fanbase does something stupid like tweeting him and accusing him of stuff that he has no control over.

He's going to watch him practice. Kiffin can go and evaluate him while doing workouts and on academics. He can't have any lengthy conversation and is limited to the "bump" rule which basically allows a brief hello but that's it.

Non-issue and Kiffin can do this regardless of whether or not KJJ wants him to or not.

I don't think people realize this but a lot of these writers particularly in sites like bleacher report, athlon sports, etc, the writers a paid by article clicks. So implying drama where none exists gets them paid. There's a whole of nothing in that article yet makes it sounds like KJJ has opened to the door to other programs. I'm sure it generated a hell of a lot of clicks though, which makes it all worthwhile to the writer.

• Fire 2

It would be great if all of Husker nation learned the lesson from A&M that tweeting negativity at or about a recruit does absolutely no good and cause even further harm, but the people who tweet that stuff are generally idiots anyway and, thus, likely incapable of learning any lessons.

I get that the A&M situation involved an assistant coach, but it is clear that those recruits viewed the negativity from fans as significant as well.

Kiffin was back in today. The other day Clouse said Bama does and has always wanted KJJ bad. But he says he thinks KJJ is as solid as they come.

Saw that tweet by Adam Gorney. The way he worded that thing made it pretty obvious to me that he's trying to get people to click on the link. As discussed before theres more talent as Calabassas than KJJ but Gorney made it sound like Johnson was the only good player at that school.

Not really too worried with this one. I have no sources to back-up this thinking but it just seems like KJJ wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

• Fire 1

Tuscaloosa Alabama would be a culture shock to him from Calabasas California. Plus he visited there twice already right? And his best friend is going to be the QB at Nebraska. And he loves Mike Riley... Talk about a difference between Nick Saban (never encourage a player or say good job, ride them super hard). One of my clients son's played for Saban and said nobody likes him but everybody respects the heck out of him and does what he says. KJJ wanted a father figure he could trust. He trusts Coach Riley. I don't see his dad allowing him to decommission and switch with the relationship he and Mike have. But these coaches aren't allowed to meet with kids right now. They are meeting with the coaches and happen to say hi to the kids as they come by. My fear is that Bama is gonna ty to pull Gebbia and KJJ away as a package deal. The Hawaiian kid they just got at QB wasn't their #1. Gebbia would fit their offense and KJJ likes a power offense like Bama runs. I wish he would just tell them to stop and shut it down.

Tuscaloosa Alabama would be a culture shock to him from Calabasas California. Plus he visited there twice already right? And his best friend is going to be the QB at Nebraska. And he loves Mike Riley... Talk about a difference between Nick Saban (never encourage a player or say good job, ride them super hard). One of my clients son's played for Saban and said nobody likes him but everybody respects the heck out of him and does what he says. KJJ wanted a father figure he could trust. He trusts Coach Riley. I don't see his dad allowing him to decommission and switch with the relationship he and Mike have. But these coaches aren't allowed to meet with kids right now. They are meeting with the coaches and happen to say hi to the kids as they come by. My fear is that Bama is gonna ty to pull Gebbia and KJJ away as a package deal. The Hawaiian kid they just got at QB wasn't their #1. Gebbia would fit their offense and KJJ likes a power offense like Bama runs. I wish he would just tell them to stop and shut it down.

I think we're solid with Key - for a number of reasons, some of which you've noted. I think rather than hope they stop visiting and talking to him we look at it as: 1. a great way for other non committed athletes not given a look otherwise to potentially get noticed 2. If it's meant to be, it will only solidify his choice.

I firmly believe that with every conversation and comment Riley, Williams and NE will only look better to both Key and Tristan. I think both kids are FULLY committed. I see a level of leadership and maturity with both that is very impressive. If nothing else their parents have monitored them, or taught them the right way to ride this wave. I can't say that about many of the others that I see poking around with programs while committed to others. There's little he can do if coaches come to school.